Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

ok, so tomorrow is my big day, starting to get nervous. I have to spend the night so I wont be able to update you all until saturday when I get home. Good luck to all those being banded tomorrow and those that were banded today.

Waiting to hear that South Dakota Girl is home and in recovery. We are thinking about ya.

Hello All,

my date is tomorrow! (sept 24th) It was at 1pm, then changed to 8am then just an hour ago changed again to 6am. Excited, nervous...times ticking down

You should be in recovey and wondering what did you do :biggrin:

I hope you are one of the lucky ones, with minimal pain and are feeling great.

i'm getting banded on Sept 29th

I'm alive! I had to be at the hospital yesterday at 7:30 and went into surgery around 9:30. We were on the way home by 1:00.

The worst part of the day: the IV :biggrin:! They stuck me 8 times and each time my veins popped. Sooooo, they had to do my IV in my NECK :)! I almost got up and walked out, but the anesthesiologist numbed it before and it really wasn't bad. I also, ended up having a hernia, so he corrected that.

The gas pain is brutal:thumbdown:! Behind my chest, in my shoulder and today in my neck. It is easing up, slowly but surely. I am more sore today around my stomach and at the port site. Luckily though, I have had no nausea. I am on my Clear Liquids and just trying my best to get all I am supposed to be drinking. 64 oz. is alot when you cannot take in more than 1oz in 2-5 minutes. I usually end up dozing off!

I am so glad that I made this decision!!! And my friends and family have been a great support!!!! Good luck to the next bandies in line! My prayers are with you!!!!

Hi Moni - congratulations on starting the journey. It's still sore when I stand up from a low position so it does take a while for the healing to be complete.... 6 weeks is what the tell us. It does get day by day but did find my bra line irritating as the port site is just below. Gas is a problem for me too but not painful. I have had hiccups the last two days but that passed too. Just drinking a cup of hot chai latte before bed which I find satisfying - I use fat free milk. We'll make it... 5 days to mushies

I'm alive! I had to be at the hospital yesterday at 7:30 and went into surgery around 9:30. We were on the way home by 1:00.

The worst part of the day: the IV :biggrin:! They stuck me 8 times and each time my veins popped. Sooooo, they had to do my IV in my NECK :)! I almost got up and walked out, but the anesthesiologist numbed it before and it really wasn't bad. I also, ended up having a hernia, so he corrected that.

The gas pain is brutal:thumbdown:! Behind my chest, in my shoulder and today in my neck. It is easing up, slowly but surely. I am more sore today around my stomach and at the port site. Luckily though, I have had no nausea. I am on my clear liquids and just trying my best to get all I am supposed to be drinking. 64 oz. is alot when you cannot take in more than 1oz in 2-5 minutes. I usually end up dozing off!

I am so glad that I made this decision!!! And my friends and family have been a great support!!!! Good luck to the next bandies in line! My prayers are with you!!!!

Wonderful news Christi and so sorry you had a tough time with the needles and veins and drip... horrible. The nerves surrounding my port were 'screaming" when I came round which was immediately dealt with by morphine and injections at the site. Whew! It seems we all have one challenge or another but they do pass. Glad you're resting and taking it VERY EASY.

You should be in recovey and wondering what did you do :biggrin:

I hope you are one of the lucky ones, with minimal pain and are feeling great.

You finally did it!!!!! Congratulations on loving yourself enought to go through with it. Yes, you HAVE done the right thing : 0 )

Hi everyone,

Surgery was Weds. 22nd. I'm moving around a lil better but my stomach is very very tight and extremely sore. I don't have any shoulder pain or gas pain. On Sept 16th, I weighed in at the nutrionists at 272 after surgery I was 275 3lbs of Fluid I guess. Today 24th, I am 268, so I lost at least 4 of my own lbs and all the surgery gain.

Can you all tell me just how much the pain is for you in your stomach and around incisions? I'd say on a scale of 1-10 I am at 6. Day after surgery I was a 9, this has been my toughest part but I haven't seen many complaints about the pain, wondeing where I stand next to the rest of you....

Thanks, Brenda

Hi everyone,

Surgery was Weds. 22nd. I'm moving around a lil better but my stomach is very very tight and extremely sore. I don't have any shoulder pain or gas pain. On Sept 16th, I weighed in at the nutrionists at 272 after surgery I was 275 3lbs of Fluid I guess. Today 24th, I am 268, so I lost at least 4 of my own lbs and all the surgery gain.

Can you all tell me just how much the pain is for you in your stomach and around incisions? I'd say on a scale of 1-10 I am at 6. Day after surgery I was a 9, this has been my toughest part but I haven't seen many complaints about the pain, wondeing where I stand next to the rest of you....

Thanks, Brenda

Hi,

Well my pain is minimal, something like a 3, and mind you I had no rest. I took the kids to school the next morning-so painful- and I had to cook and clean because when I came home from surgery the house was a complete mess. I thought I was going to have some physical support from my partner, but I guess I was wrong:crying:. I got into it with him today because he drove me to the store, and he did not have a care in the world when he passed a speed bump. What is the deal? And he still has the nerve to ask why I am screming when he passes the bumps, hello idiot! I just had surgery!!!! Sorry needed to vent, but I am so glad that you are doing better everyday!:lol:

Hello Everyone! I was 'banded' on the 16th and so I am in my Protien shake phase! I am so excited to have members who are right there with me and who can be supportive!!! I love you guys and I don't even know you! I am so ready to start this FABULOUS journey together!!

I also started a social group, but I love the way this is set up!! Lets just make sure we keep in touch and support one another!

Hi everyone,

Thanks, Brenda

Congratulations on the banding! I had mine done 10 days ago. When I woke up the pain at the port site was a 10 for me - screamingly sore but I couldn't scream. Just big tears (thank the Lord for them) and they immediately gave me injections for it. I was very tender - mainly at the port site for the 1st week. As I write this I can gently press all my wound sites and there hardly any pain at all. I really get sore if I stretch/bend over at an angle or pick up anything over 7kgs - so I don't! Keep an eye on your wounds - if they're very red, especially around the port and it doesn't improve, ring your doc. Please don't leave it ...Let me know how you're going.

Hi everyone,

Thanks, Brenda

Hi Brenda. I was banded the day after you and have a lot of pain around my chest and back. It hurts when I take a deep breath or cough or yawn. I also seem to have quite a lot of fluid in my lungs. The worst incision site is the port. I would say pain is about 5 at the moment and I am taking pain killers. If I don't move I feel fine but if I take that deep breath, its not nice. Good luck on your recovery x

Hi everyone!! I just got banded yesterday and thought I'd report in. :smile2: I'm pretty darn sore in the belly, especially the port site, and the gas pain has been bad too. But I'm getting by! Today is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better I'm sure. Gas X is helping alot as is taking deep breaths and walking a bit whenever I can. I can't get down very much liquids at this point, but I'm just working at it a bit at a time. I'm itching like crazy under my bandages, and I hope that gets better after I can take my shower tomorrow! Can't wait for that. :lol:

hilojack, glad to hear you're doing well. Also looking forward to hearing from everybody else as the month winds down!

I wonder if we should transfer this thread to the Sept 2010 group page?

Best wishes to everyone in their healing!!

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 24

ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl, cocoabeanie03, hserra, donnasang, the8re0221

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 25 - candy Rain, Jason's mom

NEXT WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna, Okie_59 (Mexico surgery), maria_r, jayden91508

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey, tk07

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper, Marte80, latin_starr, CSE, finderherself*

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1, yacht4

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

131 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angellegna29 - from NJ

angelpix - from MN

AnnaOz - from Brisbane, Australia

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

banded922 - Kay from DE

BandedNellie - from CT