Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

USE CAUTION with "Advice" given

Hey everyone! Hope your all doing great wherever you are on your journey!

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on something. Not meaning to tick anyone off.

BE CAREFUL with the advice you get from people on these boards or on chat. By that I mean that just because one person has done something doesn't mean it's right for everyone.

Case in point ... ME!

Had a fill up to 4.2 and I was sooo tight. Was told by several so called "experts" to wait it out, it will loosen. One person even told me it would be a slap in the face to all us bandsters to get an unfill and that I should just suck it up.

OYI!

Thankfully my common sense won out and today I went to the doctor and had .2 cc taken out and OHHHHH what a difference it made!! I feel so comfortable now, and I can actually get food down. What a blessing!

I just say all of this because I worry that some "experts advise" can really hurt you. Just PLEASE, remember to listen to your doctor and your body and remember that everyone's journey is different and NO ONE here is an expert :scared2:

Hugs and much love,

Heather

Totally agree. I mean I have gotten 100s of anwsers to questions from people on here but if I have learned one thing, its that not every rule oof thumb applies to every bandster. Everyone has different experiences and preferences. I take everything with a gain of salt and take it to my doctor. Most things I take for face value and use it but nothing of big concern.

I agree with you! I personally have 2 friends who are already banded and they are trying to tell me what to do and what to eat yet they eat ice cream, chips and cokes all day. All things my doc says no to.

I agree with you! I personally have 2 friends who are already banded and they are trying to tell me what to do and what to eat yet they eat ice cream, chips and cokes all day. All things my doc says no to.

I have a friend that did the same thing, he eats cake, Cookies, full meals, and drinks regular coke. Now he is 1.5 years out and has actually gained weight and looks at me and wonders how I have lost 115lbs in 5 months and thinks that there is a problem with his band............:scared2:

I have a friend that did the same thing, he eats cake, Cookies, full meals, and drinks regular coke. Now he is 1.5 years out and has actually gained weight and looks at me and wonders how I have lost 115lbs in 5 months and thinks that there is a problem with his band............:scared2:

Hi Everyone!

I totally agree...some people seem to have no problem with soda...I accidently grabbed one out of the frig..out of habit one afternoon and took a big gulp before I remembered...I was so miserable with one swallow..that I think my brain will alert me next time..before it happens..LOL

I do have icecream occassionally but I know its a slider food..and gives you NO staying power..but I dont think it hurts the pouch...like soda and fresh bread could...just my experience..

Ive only lost 42 lbs in 7 months...but I'm comfortable with my lost..and know Im heading the right way. Ive had three fills..one unfill...which I feel put me back one month..my doctor is five hours away...so dont get fills as much as I could..

Good Luck Everyone on Your Journey!