Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band baby arrived

On July 13, 2010 at 2:17 pm we welcomed our beautiful baby boy Jackson Alexander to our family. He came at 37 weeks and we both had a rough time for a few days but after 4 days in the hospital we both were released and are home and healthy and happy. He weighed 6 lb. 7 oz. and is 19.5 inches long. I am so thankful to my band for allowing this beautiful baby into my life. I hope all who pray for a lap band baby get their dreams realized. I am glad to say I only gained 16 lbs with this pregnancy and at my 1st week follow-up I lost all my pregnancy weight plus 2 extra pounds.

Congratulation, what a great post. I want to have another child after I'm banded a lose a few pounds. I have so many questions for you ok813. Did you get an unfill? Where you eating the larger portions because of the pregnancy. How did the band affect your pregnancy?

Congradulations! So happy for you and your little one.

Losethemess to answer some of your questions, I did not get my band unfilled. My doctor said only if you are unable to keep food or Water down do you need an unfill and as long as the baby is growing on schedule. I continued to watch what I ate but yes I did let myself indulge a few times. I was lucky to crave good things like salad and Soup and fish while pregnant. My fill was 7 cc in 10 cc band my entire pregnancy. Since I delivered my band seems to be tighter. I'm sure this will only last for a while because of all the swelling from my c-section. I'm enjoying the ride though and happy to be on the other side of pregnancy. Thanks ppp and happy for the congratulations.

Losethemess to answer some of your questions, I did not get my band unfilled. My doctor said only if you are unable to keep food or Water down do you need an unfill and as long as the baby is growing on schedule. I continued to watch what I ate but yes I did let myself indulge a few times. I was lucky to crave good things like salad and Soup and fish while pregnant. My fill was 7 cc in 10 cc band my entire pregnancy. Since I delivered my band seems to be tighter. I'm sure this will only last for a while because of all the swelling from my c-section. I'm enjoying the ride though and happy to be on the other side of pregnancy. Thanks ppp and happy for the congratulations.

Thanks ok813 for the speedy reply, I know you are busy. That's great to hear that you were kept on a 15lb restriction. It's great because you are not expected to gain a huge amount of weight and it makes it even easier to lose the weight after the baby is born. My family is so confused and being banded and having a baby. They ask how can I have a baby with the lapband. My first pregnancy was less than ideal because i gained so much weight. Hopefully the second pregnancy will be a more enjoyable experience of course after I get banded and lose the weight. If you don't mind me asking, are you breastfeeding? You were like 15 months out after surgery. Was this intentionally or did it take you a while to get pregnant? I'm hoping to get conceive 10-12 months after I'm banded.

Congratulations!

Losethemess, I became pregnant exactly one year from my lap-band surg. My husband and I were not exactly trying but feel very blessed at our new addition. I had lost 115 lbs. and still had 70 to lose. I too with my first baby gained a tremendous amount of weight and of course did not lose any of it plus gained an additional 40 on top of that after being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2007 and had to endure chemo and radiation treatments and was told that the chemo may make me infertile. I did have injections of lupron to shut my ovaries down during that time to hopefully preserve my ovaries. My doctor did give me a weight gain limit of 15 lbs. because I am still overweight and I am glad she did I did not want to gain a whole lot of weight with this one.The Lap-band made it very easy to control myself during my pregnancy and my baby is doing great! Thanks blaze for the congrats. I am on my way to losing the rest of the weight I began to lose almost 2 yrs ago.

Congratulations!

That's so exciting. That is one of the reasons I really want this surgery. BABIES! :biggrin: HEALTHY babies. and HEALTHY me

Congrats!! What a wonderful blessing!

Congrats on your baby boy! I just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant. I have a question, did you have any Fluid take out of your band when you found out that you were pregnant?

Thanks MRSKOUBIK, Tracy and Ivy. Baby is doing great. Ivy, no I kept my fill the entire time I was pregnant. I had a fill 11-11-09 and found out I was pregnant the following week. I had 7cc in 10cc band entire pregnancy.

Congrats! What a blessing!

Ivy, I did have to have 1.5cc's taken out of my band. My band tightened up with my pregnancy and I lost more than 12 pounds in a month and a half without the help of morning sickness. Since having a slight release, I have been able to eat again and start to gain the proper weight with my pregnancy.

Congrats on your birth!! So glad everything turned out great :blushing:

I am so happy for you. Congratulations! My daughter found out she is pregnant for the second time two days ago. She has chosen JACKSON for a boy.