Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LB Friendly RESTURANTS!

Texas Roadhouse and Chili's have been the greatest. I just asked if it was alright to order from the kids menu and explained the reason. They were very receptive to it and did not have an issue. I have gone to a couple of "mom & pop" Breakfast places and they did not care whether or not (rules were rules for the kids menu). I just ended up ordering sides (which was perfect),

Friendly's

Cracker Barrell

Dennys ( you can order off kids or seniors)

TGIF's

... and these places didn't even make me show the card... haven't really ran into any problems with eating out, either order a kids meal (if there's a healthy choice) or just order Soup or appetizer:)

All restaurants are lapband friendly. Just order off of the kids menu.

If you want to get picky, you can drive down to Dallas and check out this place: http://www.eattheworld.com/. The owner has had lapband surgery. I haven't tried it yet. I am considering setting up some kind of get together there.

Hey we live in the same town:)

I don't have a card and if I did, I don't think I'd ever show it. Firstly, I don't want to discuss private details of my surgery with a waiter. Secondly, it was my choice to have this surgery. Why should a restaurant be forced to bend rules for me? Especially when Im perfectly capable of wrapping the leftovers up and taking them home. The thought of showing a card to a waiter makes me really uncomfortable.

On the other hand, it's probably not a bad idea to have one in case you are in an emergency and you need to be taken to the ER. That way the doc will know your situation if you're unable to verbalize it.

I don't bother with it either - honestly I hate the questions/comments that come with telling people I have been banded, more often it is negative comments from people. Most of the time I order a salad and just eat a bit from my families plates. If we are with friends or coworkers I just order a meal and take left overs home.

i've done it all...

i usually order off the kids menu too. i've only had one local restaurant tell me i couldn't.

i've ordered an adult meal and taken the rest home.

i've ordered just an appetizer.

and i've shared meals with family members too!

Yea think i'd feel weird using it. haha.

I wish we had a thread for restaurants, with ideas of what to order maybe? I'm pretty new at this whole thing, but my family and friends, eat out all the time. I'm concerned about finding things that are more nutritious.

Yea think i'd feel weird using it. haha.

I wish we had a thread for restaurants, with ideas of what to order maybe? I'm pretty new at this whole thing, but my family and friends, eat out all the time. I'm concerned about finding things that are more nutritious.

Before I go out, I try to check the menu before we go. That way I can plan what I'm going to order. I try to stick to the Proteins and stay away from pastas, rice etc. (not that I don't ever eat that stuff, but not at a restaurant because I have no idea how they prepare it). This is what I did with a menu item last week. From the menu: "Fresh fillet of salmon rolled in coarsely ground black pepper, sautéed and seared with a lemon-chive beurre blanc, with potatoes". I asked for the salmon to be broiled without any oil or fat instead of sauteed (I also asked how many ounces the salmon was...I'm anal about knowing these details). I asked for the beurre blanc on the side and I asked for steamed veggies without butter instead of the potatoes. All in all, it turned out to be a really healthy meal. We went out to dinner this evening and I had King crab legs. They were already prepared steamed without butter, but of course the butter comes on the side. Instead of butter, I asked for aioli on the side. I used a coffee spoon and scooped approximately a tablespoon of the aioli (and left the rest) and dipped my crab in that.

Again, many people don't fuss with all of the asking for things on the side, or asking restaurants to prepare foods without oil or butter, and they just eat the food as is. But I prefer to have a little more control over what I'm eating when I go out (I cook decadently but I know what the nutrition facts are of what I make). So thats how I handle it. Now and again I just have what I want (special occasion or whatever). But in general, that's what I do and it works pretty well. If I can't eat everything on my plate, my fiance eats it or we take it home. If there is an appetizer portion of something that is meal-like, I may order that (but often appetizers are not the most nutritious items on the menu).

That's true. I'm not on solid food yet, but I'm guessing i'll just eat what I can and take home or toss the rest. A lot of places have "healthy" options these days, I know in California they started forcing chain restaurants to put calories on the menu, which in turn is forcing some healthier options. Or I guess regardless if I'm having a 1/3 of my entree, or 1 piece of pizza that's still FAR FAR FAR less than i was eating before, I'm sure the calories are fine.

I don't really like most children's menus; they often have many of the same foods (chicken tenders/nuggets, grilled cheese, hamburgers, etc.), things that I just don't care to get at the restaurants I go to. Besides, I love leftovers! :D I typically get a regular entree; once in a while I'll just get an appetizer or Soup.

I haven't tried to use my card either. If my husband decides he wants fast food I just order something with grilled chicken and eat my way around the tortilla or bread. Any leftovers I wrap up and bring home to put in the fridge for the next day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches