Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well, not so good of news..

I was banded November 4, 2005, and about 2 days ago I started having pain on the center right side of my body right below my chest, it also hurt to sneeze, cough, or inhale to my maximum lung capacity. At first, I thaught I had pulled a muscle so I wanted to wait 2 days before calling the doctor. Well today I called my surgeon and explained how I felt and they said it sounds like my gallbladder. Just the thaught of spending more money and possibly having another surgery bothers me. I am only 19 and I spent cash on the surgery(no insurance), I hope that my problems are nothing major and are something simple like a muscle pulled.

Today I have an appointment at 3pm, I hope it's nothing major.

has anyone else had similar symptom's?? if so, what was the problem/solution?

I am sorry to hear that. I had my gallbladder removed in 2002 and it was not that bad, just a little sore. if you have gallstones you may be able to take meds and have them dissolved.

Had my gallbladder removed exactly 6 weeks after my second banding sugery. Weight loss often precipitates gallbladder problems. I hope this is not the case for you! Did you have referred shoulder pain too?

I've read about home remedies for getting rid of gallstones. I don't know if they work, but I think even health food stores carry some stuff that might help.

I can't remember the whole process for the gallstone cleanse, but it had something to do with fasting and only taking in certain liquids including large amounts of olive oil. You do this liquid fasting regimen for a couple days, and on the last day you're supposed to curl up on your side with knees drawn in after the last olive oil drink. Then during the night I think you wait for the big bowel movememt that eliminates the stones.

Don't laugh because for a change, I'm not even kidding. Do some internet searches on home remedies for gallstones. If there's a chance you can eliminate stones without having surgery, it might be worth it.

Sorry such a young guy has to go through this. I know how tough the money situation is, too. Good luck, and let me know if you do the elimination fast and how it works, k?

I can't remember the whole process for the gallstone cleanse, but it had something to do with fasting and only taking in certain liquids including large amounts of olive oil. You do this liquid fasting regimen for a couple days, and on the last day you're supposed to curl up on your side with knees drawn in after the last olive oil drink. Then during the night I think you wait for the big bowel movememt that eliminates the stones.

No you are not kidding because I've done this. It's a Hulda Clark remedy. Liver cleanse I think it's called. It was a weird process but MAN OH MAN did I get some pebbles out of me!! I haven't done this for a couple years but it does in fact work. There are plenty of places on the 'net to find the instructions.

I'm currently taking Actigall I guess to head off gall bladder problems. The stuff is supposed to be "mild" but basically I can't have a solid number 2 when I'm on it. Grrrr.

Since I've lost 60 lbs I've been thinking about doing the gallbladder flush. Just in case, you know?

Anyhow, bandman....sorry to hear about the problems. I hope it all works out right for you!!

so sorry to hear that. I had mine removed 9 months out. Good Luck on whatever you decide to do...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that too! During the work-up for the band, I had to have an ultrasound that showed I had gallstones. Although I didn't have many symptoms, the doctor explained that it will likely get much worse with weight loss, and that I'd probably end up in an emergency situation if I didn't have it removed before the WLS. Basically, it might be worth these home remedies, but I wouldn't hesitate to get it removed because with large amounts of weight loss it'll probably get worse. The gallbladder surgery was very easy, similar to the banding. I have no side-effects from having it removed, and, the discomfort I had before has never returned. Sorry you have to deal with this!

could someone please give me a link to the process for removing stones above? well im heading out to the dr. now i will post the results when i get back,

thanks for the help everyone

My surgeon requires an upper GI to see how your gallbladder is before surgery, but then he is anal in all that he requires (but I love it). Too bad they didn't know before the surgery. You could have killed two birds with one stone....(well not literally speaking of course, may be more then one stone). I recovered from gall bladder surgery in 2 days.

That is no fun. Good luck, feel better at least it is 2005 not 86 when I had mine! You have no idea how lucky you are compared to the old ways they used to do things.

I sure hope it isn't though. Feel better.