Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

HDmama, it`s great that your port had not flipped and I`m glad you`re feeling restricted now. How did you manage to lose such substantial weight within a year with just two fillings? How many cc band? Good news from your bariatric team. Congrats.

I seem to be stalling, my fault. Restricted my intake too much and then binged for a while. I actually gained weight at a point within the past fortnight. 2lbs loss this weigh-in. Need a fill but may not be able to have it done until the 29th.

Hope you`re all doing well.

HDmama, it`s great that your port had not flipped and I`m glad you`re feeling restricted now. How did you manage to lose such substantial weight within a year with just two fillings? How many cc band? Good news from your bariatric team. Congrats.

I seem to be stalling, my fault. Restricted my intake too much and then binged for a while. I actually gained weight at a point within the past fortnight. 2lbs loss this weigh-in. Need a fill but may not be able to have it done until the 29th.

Hope you`re all doing well.

Well, I had some restriction, but there really hasn't been anything I can't eat (I just choose not to eat things that have no nutritional value....I've just focused on Proteins and veggies). I've never had to really eat super slow like I've read people do or drink slowly - I've not really changed in that regard because I haven't needed to (guess I was on the loose side)....I have the standard size band (10mL I guess?). I also started dieting after I had my first consult so before I ever had surgery, I had lost over 40 pounds (which really helped I think).

I'm going to just be cautious with eating this weekend and if it doesn't seem to ease up a bit, I might go back next week for a slight unfill....I'm not enjoying not being able to drink as quickly (or as much since it takes so long)....starting to think I shouldn't have messed with it (but I'm hoping it's just a little swelling because it's been so long since I've had a fill?).

Well sounds like you are back on track now - congrats on the loss.

Thanks HDmama. You`re an inspiration! Don`t stay too restricted for too long but my guess is that the band will loosen up when the swelling goes down in a few days.

Good morning everyone. Well I am still doing my maintenance. I have been lazy and not working out at all, plus I had canned some tomatillo-apple salsa and I was eating that (with corn chips) every day for a week, and then added my Sunday night treat of a cupcake on top of that and by Monday morning I had gained 3 pounds. The good news is that I just stopped with the chips and salsa and was able to lose the 3 pounds by Thursday. I think weighing every day is the key to keeping the weight off, if I go outside of the 132-135 range then I have to act right for a few days and get back to it.

Salsa and corn chips, YUMMY! but hun, you`re just like me. You don`t do things by halves. Moderation, my Girl, moderation! LOL. You must still be proud of your achievement and ability to maintain though. Doing fabulously well. Keep it up.

I`m extremely proud of myself with my diet today actually. I`ve been stressed to the moon today so the desire to starve myself was very strong this morning then tonight, I desperately wanted to get drunk, chilling a bottle of white in the process. Hooray, I overcame both temptations. I ate well and didn`t take the cork off the bottle. Is this the new me? I wouldn`t count / bet on it but I`m still loving me today. Hope you`re all doing well.

Struggling this afternoon. Is any of you, ladies on line? I feel like eating till I drop and I don`t have any restriction at all. I`ve scheduled a fill but it`s not until 29th of October. I sent an email to the team asking whether there is an earlier schedule available in one of their other centres and haven`t got a response yet. Desperately need some encouragement.

Kcg- I tottaly understand where your at right now. I had a slight unfill a few weeks ago, the doc took out .5 and I can eat anything, I Mean ANYTHING! and Ive been hungier than normal and have been over indulging. My dear husband asked yesterday how much weight ive gained and i told him none so far but im trying to be careful. but boy its hard. But ive been trying to eat light yogurt and things like that. I did eat a biscuit yesterday morning the first one i've had in a year!! and it was ssooooo gooood! Lol But I did better the rest of today. Just take one day at the time and the 29th will be here before you know it. I to will sch a slight fill for myself to insure that I continue on track with the last few lbs I have to lose. Look how far you have came. If you want food eat just opt for something good for you maybe high Fiber high Protein. Usually that will help you stay full longer. good luck too! You can do it! we just have to believe.

Hope everyone else is doing great! Lets all commit to have a great week and staying focused on our goals! Because we can do anything we put our minds to! Best wished to all!!

Thanks ever so much, Cindylou. It`s been a nightmare but I`m just about holding off at the moment but it`s emotionally draining. Just drinknig a lot of Water today.

I`ve just sent my surgeon an email asking about my annual check as well. I`m beginning to wander whether the band is still where it should be. Well, let`s all stay focussed. I know it`s easier said than done.

Hello ladies.

Claire - hang in there - I know it's hard when you get in that place and just want to eat (or drink mass qty's of booze, LOL) - but maybe try going for a walk or something (if the weather isn't too terrible for you there right now :laugh:). As CindyLou said - the 29th will be here before you know it.

CindyLou - glad you haven't gained any - prior to the small fill I had last week, I had also been eating more than I probably should have - and I wasn't gaining, but I wasn't losing either. I'm not enjoying this last fill, but I'm thinking it's more a mental thing for me - I don't like not being able to eat whatever I want - but perhaps this is a good thing for me at the moment since I probably would be eating things that I don't need to eat, LOL.

I have to eat VERY slow now - like I have to take a break for a few minutes after a couple bites (which I've NEVER had to do)....I'm going to try to stick it out and see if I lose these last few pounds I need to lose and if I'm still this restricted in a few weeks, I'll go have a tiny bit removed.

Thanks HDmama, I`ve been able to hold off so far. Believe you me, when you`re in that mode, the last thing you want to do is to exercise but I`m sure you know that, hun. Isn`t it a bummer.

Reading from you Girls make me feel re-assured though and I`m grateful for that and all the support. You`re all quite inspirational to me.

It`s good to read that you`ve got maximum restriction. Good for you. Unless you`re bringing up whatever goes in, try to hang in there for a little while to shift the remaining few but difficult to move lbs. I know how those few lbs hold on for dear life and try to invite others on board! LOL. We`ll be alright.

I did pretty well today considering my panic earlier on. Logging on to the site and posting was incredibly useful to me and kept me from the kitchen. I also went shopping and shopped till I dropped.

My fear now is that I`m going to need a lot of support in the coming year during the final stage of my weight-loss and maintenance stage. I`m going to need buddies. Should we start another accountability thread post 31st of October for the coming year?

Leigha, I particularly like your spread sheet / chart approach for the Halloween challenge. Well, it`s an idea. Should we go for it or does anyone have another idea. It will be helpful even if it`s monthly accountability.

Good evening to you all. Keep up the good work.

Thanks HDmama, I`ve been able to hold off so far. Believe you me, when you`re in that mode, the last thing you want to do is to exercise but I`m sure you know that, hun. Isn`t it a bummer.

Reading from you Girls make me feel re-assured though and I`m grateful for that and all the support. You`re all quite inspirational to me.

It`s good to read that you`ve got maximum restriction. Good for you. Unless you`re bringing up whatever goes in, try to hang in there for a little while to shift the remaining few but difficult to move lbs. I know how those few lbs hold on for dear life and try to invite others on board! LOL. We`ll be alright.

I did pretty well today considering my panic earlier on. Logging on to the site and posting was incredibly useful to me and kept me from the kitchen. I also went shopping and shopped till I dropped.

My fear now is that I`m going to need a lot of support in the coming year during the final stage of my weight-loss and maintenance stage. I`m going to need buddies. Should we start another accountability thread post 31st of October for the coming year?

Leigha, I particularly like your spread sheet / chart approach for the Halloween challenge. Well, it`s an idea. Should we go for it or does anyone have another idea. It will be helpful even if it`s monthly accountability.

Good evening to you all. Keep up the good work.

Believe me, I know it's the last thing you want to do when your in a funk...sounds like you found another outlet (shopping) - I like that one much better :laugh:

Sure - we can start another thread after this month to keep each other going.

I went for a 3hr jog and brisk walking this morning. I feel great after that. Going to have scallops and mediteranian vegetables for lunch. I intend to be good with my diet today but will have to let you know how it went later.

I`ve got to get a new pedometer. Can anyone recommend a good one? Hope you`re all doing well.

Edited by kcg
spelling

I`ve been very good diet -wise and I`m getting my exercises in as well.

Shall I take this opportunity to wish all those who have had their surgiversary already, congrats and good luck for the coming year. The rest of us should keep up the good work, I guess. The days are rolling in / by fast.

Hey Everyone, I have been a way for a few days, life has run me over.

I am doing my maintenance and its going pretty good. I was scared because I have lost weight before and as soon as I stopped trying to lose I would gain back but this time seems different. I am staying at 132-133 for the most part. Last week I was eating my homemade salsa with chips every night and one day I was 136 but I stopped that and went back down to 133 in just a few days without any real effort.

Next Wednesday is my bandaversary and I am happy about my band. :)

Hello ladies.

Claire, I'm impressed with the exercise you are getting in - good for you. I've FINALLY committed to finding the time to fit my exercise in again. It's been far too long. So I was up at 4:00 am and was on the treadmill - and afterwards I was kicking myself in the behind for being such a slacker with it - it was HARD - I felt like I did 100+ pounds ago starting exercise for the first time (okay, so perhaps not quite that bad, but in comparison to how it was going when I was doing it religiously, it was a big difference:tongue2:). So tonight I'm planning on riding my bike for at least 45 minutes (hoping to find something interesting on TV to make it bearable - I much prefer a real bike to my exercise bike, but don't want to ride in the dark, LOL).

Good news on the weight loss front - I'm down 2.5 pounds since my fill last Thursday (which I'm thrilled about - it's taken me a month to lose that as of late). However, I do think that once I get to my goal, I'm going to go have a little Fluid removed because it's pretty difficult to get much food in (and it's sometimes a struggle just drinking - nothing comes up, it's just really uncomfortable).

Leigha - I'm hoping that my maintenance will be as you described - not much effort.