Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability thread for October Bandsters!

Here are a few pictures from the jailbreak.

post-281008-13813139593051_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139593317_thumb.jpg

post-281008-13813139593728_thumb.jpg

Looking great in those pictures. My guess is that the two others in the pictures are your son and his girlfriend. You`re all looking fab. Thanks for sharing them with us.

10 days to October! but I have 20 days grace post the 1st and I`m working hard towards it. I`m doing well actually so hopefully it will be alright on the night. Well, whether or not we like it here comes October, Girls! Hope you`re all doing well.

Too busy yesterday so didn`t post. I weighed myself as usual though and lost 13lbs. It`s great but the real test comes between now and October, 20th. 8lbs to goal I set at the beginning of the journey. I think 12lbs to the goal set for this challenge. Heyho, we live to see.

Hope you`re all doing well.

13 pounds Clare! Thats great. I am excited to see where you end up!

I was 133 this morning, maintenance is going well. My Dr asked me to be on the news letter and the web site for October. I will share it when it comes out.

I can`t wait to find out where I get to on the 20th either. Just taking things in my stride a day at a time.

Leigha, you`re doing wanderfully on the maintenance. Very proud of you. I hope you`re doing well. I can`t wait to see the article about you.

How is everyone else doing? please let us know.

kcg- way to go 13lbs. is great.

Leighamason- your doing so good on maintenance. keep up the good work and do share the news letter with us.

Well i'am going in for a slight unfill today as i've been battling reflux and chocking at night time can't sleep much and have been eating slider foods. so I hope this will help with the reflux and jump start my weightloss again. good to hear from you all.

Hello ladies...looks like you are all doing well!

Claire - 13 pounds? WOW - way to go....at the rate I've been losing, that would take me MONTHS, LOL.

So I'm 23 days from my 1 year and I'm 4 pounds away from my original goal (14 away from my revised goal)....I'll be THRILLED if I make it to the original - it's very slow going though, so not sure I'll make it. I'll admit, I have been terrible with my exercise lately - I really need to get back into my routine, kids starting school has wreaked havoc with my schedule B).

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Wow!, It`s October. Well the bandversaries are going to roll in now.

Cindylou, have you had the unfill yet? You have to get away from the sliding foods. They`re not user-friendly! The unfill, however slight should address that. Have you still got 6lbs to go till goal? My guess is that it could be achieved by the 23rd. Good luck.

HDmama, come on, you`ve got to fit in the exercise somewhere, however messy the schedule becomes. Easier said than done, I should know. 4lbs in 3 weeks is achievable, Girl. Who knows you may be able to work towards the new goal within the 3 weeks with a little push! Why did you lower / up your goal?

With me, the more I lose weight, the more I feel that 145lbs could be too low for me. I`m going to try to get there though but if I find myself looking gaunt then I will put on a few lbs. Well, 19 days to bandversary, goal or not. I`ll let you know. I`ll do my usual fortnightly weighing next Friday.

Good luck, you all.

I "revised" my goal (lower) because when I looked it up (after I had set it), it still puts me in the overweight category (although I'm currently wearing a size 6 and it's hard to wrap my head around how I'm considered overweight still, LOL). If I get down to the new "normal" (in terms of BMI) goal, I imagine, I'll be in a size 4 :thumbup:.

Hi, all

Kcg- Yes I went last Tuesday and had .5 taken out however, that was more than the last fill that he give me. I can sleep good and eat good now. I'm just having to be very careful about what and how much I eat right now but, am maintaing ok. I am to go back in 2 weeks and he may give me a slight fill. Guess I will have to wait and see. I still have 6lbs to go to get to goal right now I'm just trying to maintain and the other will come in due time i'm sure. Kcg how tall are you? what is the average scale for your height and weight to be. Just make sure your at a healthy weight it doesn't have to be the bottom but I know that you can achieve what ever goal you set!!

Happy October Bandster Day!! Wow how this year has changed my life and flew by.

Hi Everyone, I wish I had found this post a lot sooner. I was banded 10/1/2009. In my first year I have lost 63 lbs., about 40 % of my excess weight. Of course, I had hoped for more but I am very please with the loss to date and the benefits from it. I haven't lost anything in the past month or so. I seem to be playing with 5 lbs and am trying to figure out what to do to get going in the right direction again. I think I need another fill but I have recently moved from California to Missouri and I am still trying to transfer to a new doctor which hasn't been easy. Congratulations to all of you and to those not quite to their Bandiversary, Good Luck with your goals!! :)

Adrienne, happy bandversary. 63lbs? A great loss, congrats. Hope you manage to escape the dreadful stall soon.

Cindylou, I`m 5.7ish so the top of my healthy BMI should be 25 (around 160lbs) but I`ve set my goal at 145lbs.

My problem for the past week is that I can eat whatever and in any amount and I seem to be indulging and the exercising is also out of the window. My bad! I will start being good tomorrow, promise.

Happy bandversary to all those who are there and good luck to all of us.

Adrienne, happy bandversary. 63lbs? A great loss, congrats. Hope you manage to escape the dreadful stall soon.

Cindylou, I`m 5.7ish so the top of my healthy BMI should be 25 (around 160lbs) but I`ve set my goal at 145lbs.

My problem for the past week is that I can eat whatever and in any amount and I seem to be indulging and the exercising is also out of the window. My bad! I will start being good tomorrow, promise.

Happy bandversary to all those who are there and good luck to all of us.

Thanks so MUCH!! It's easy to forget how far you have come when your weight loss stalls and you still have so far to go. I am about the same height as you though i would say 5'8ish and I have my goal set at 160. The last time I weight that i was 16 and that was 15 years ago. I have not weight below 200 lbs since I was 19 and to get to that mile stone of being in the 100's or ONEderland as some call it, wow, it will be an incredible feeling.

I have made a commitment to move more over the next week. If I can duplicate this years success I will be one happy camper by this time next year.

Congrats to all October banders. Keep up the good work. We will all get where we want and need to be.:thumbup:

Good morning ladies. So I was lying in bed the other night and my port felt really weird - almost like it was sideways or something...the next morning, that area felt a bit sore, so I wasn't sure if I had done something - so I called the doc and they had me come in yesterday - it's all fine AND I got a very small fill (.5 cc - this was my 3rd fill since being banded). The doc was very happy with my progress and actually said my weight was fine and I didn't need to lose anymore (which was a nice NSV) - but I'm still aiming to be a normal BMI (which means losing another 14 pounds to put me at the high end of normal). Anyway - I'm hoping this fill will help me lose these last pounds. I will say I guess I haven't really known what restriction felt like because I've never quite had this experience. I can normally drink my Water really fast and haven't had to think about the size of my sips or anything - now it seems to be very slow going down and I can't take big gulps - I'm hoping this is just a little swelling or something and that this part eases up because I'm used to drinking a lot and quickly (especially when working out)....I hope everyone has a great weekend.