Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ugh it is post op day 2 and im in sooo much more pain than yesterday, and im hoping ill feel better soon..i have this pain that feels like heart burn but 20 xs worse. and im hungry but cant eat..someone please tell me this will all go away :puke: :)

You should let your doctor know how you're feeling, just to make sure it's all OK. I am not sure about that heartburn feeling -- you should just check to make sure it's all fine.

Other than that, walking around is really helpful for the gas pain... gets things moving in the right direction. Hang in there! :)

Hope you feel better soon,

Catherine

thanks, i think im gooing to wait till tomorrow to call my doctor, maybe ill feel a little better. it is only the 2 day right? lol

okay yeah ill give him a call soon, thanks!

I would call the doctor as well. did he give you any antacids to take post op? I have a dissolvable tablet that I take daily. I also had horrible pain where you describe, but was gone after the first day. do you normally have acid reflux, GERD or a hiatial hernia? If he fixed a hernia, that may be some of it, but you may just need some meds. If you have any liquid mylanta, that wouldn't hurt to take a tablespoon or two of that while you wait for your doctor to call! Good luck! Hope you feel better real soon!

when i was to days pre op i was in pain but not what your describing but then i was pretty much out of it with pain killers so i slept a lot. But that feeling in your stomach might be the fact that the gas is still there it really does help to walk as much as you can. That heart burn feeling hmmmm should talk to your doctor just to be safe. You should be feeling preety normal by day four or five. I'm only a week post-op and i feel pretty normal besides the fact i cant really eat much:biggrin:

I have have been takeing tylenol liquid for the pain thats in my shoulder and gax-gas strips not able to eat not putting down to many liqiuds either. my surgery was monday the 12th so I feel alot better but still a lil icky but its getting better. dont forve yourself give it time it was surgery no matter how they say its not that major it was and do ur breathing excersises they help keep in touch with me.

I had my surgery on the 13th, and my servere pain is in my shoulder, Gas x and tylenol is what I am taking, also rocking in a chair is a big help to get the gas moving. I had a 6 hour drive home yesterday I took codiene once home it give me a major head ache. I am sore today but the shoulder pain is getting better,:sad:

Rock Rock Rock!!1

Feels good to know i have someone that is feeling my pain. sometimes the shoulder is really bad but sometimes its bearable but i am passing alot of gas so hopefully in a few days we both will be good.:sad:

Feels good to know i have someone that is feeling my pain. sometimes the shoulder is really bad but sometimes its bearable but i am passing alot of gas so hopefully in a few days we both will be good.:sad:

yeah my shoulder has a lot of pain sometimes too..hopefully we will feel better soon! and congrats on your band :(

I was just banded on Tuesday and I have suffered such gas pain. I was in agony! My surgery pain wasn't so bad but OMG the gas!!!

I called the doctors office and got no reply but after doing some research I figured out I need to hydrate and move my body. So I started taking short walks outside, inside all over I was just careful not to over do it. I tried drinking more and as a last ditch I stretched my body as long as I could while lying on my back and I finally farted. The pressure eased so much I was ready to dance(not really but the relief was pronominal)

So today now day 3 post op I feel great only slight gas pains left and I am moving much better.

Hey there everyone I was just banded on July 13. So today is day 3 post op. Day two was aweful, lots of shoulder and neck pain. Today has been so much better. Although today I have started feeling a little bit hungry, Protein shake does the trick usually but I am thankful that tomorrow I can start on super mushy foods.

Has anyone else started feeling hungry this early? I was hoping I would not have any hunger really until the first fill, maybe that is just wishful thinking :cool:.

i'm post op day 4. most of the gas pain is gone. it's funny how it skipped around from shoulder to elbow to neck from day to day. i'm on full liquids now. i have a Protein Shake and then eat baby food. it was much easier than doing the puree stuff. just add a little butter and salt and it tastes ok. i do get a tightness kind of like heartburn but without the burning sensation. i had a pretty large hiatal hernia that was fixed so i expected this. i'm not really hungry. i fill in with sugar free Jello and popsicles if i want something. most of the pain is gone, just some at port site. i can even sleep awhile on my left side. so far, so good.

Im on day 2 and I cant even drink 4 oz of anything. It feels like my stomach will pop if I do. I have the pain in my chest as well as my shoulder,but I still try too move around to get the gas moving. Oh well I hope everyone bounce back soon:)