Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Ever Wish You WEREN'T Banded?

Only sorry that so much damage has been done to my body before I was able to get the band.

Now that i have the band I can only be hopeful that all goes well. I must keep a healing positive attitude toward the band.

Even during the problems I had, supposed reflux, etc. - I was happy that I had this chance to lose the weight. I may have had moments of being scared - but I tried to ignore the fears and plug forward. I knew that was the only way for me. If I admitted to myself I thought I had made a mistake - I might freak out and want it out of me like some crazy person.....so I just try to accept it like a fact.

nancy

To be afraid of the life change, is like eatting 5,000 calories, rather then1,500 or 1,000. you learn to be a better person. and fine that you like yourself, and you can let go of the offensiveness that has keep you unhappy and angry .. not going out , not enjoy a brisk walk, staying out late, and enjoying, a comfortable seat, just a few things to miss. is a change in your life, but, each day you grow stronger, and wiser as to your needs. you rely on different things to focus on.. breathing better, knee pains getting better, going up the stair, stronger, and smiling and laughing harder, cause,.. you worked hard for that, is all good... best of health..

---------------------------------------------------

Margie :D

4/5/04

295,247, goal 140

slow but, save

AMy I'm researching too so good of you to ask. This here is a good site. She deflated her band after five yrs and she is doing a commercial for

lap band here in CA.

Robin's LapBand Journey

Address:http://www.geocities.com/robinh26/lapband.html Changed:5:38 PM on Thursday, September 16, 2004

I haven't come across someone with the band that long other then Sharon Osborne!

Rene

"Do I wish I was never banded?" NO!!!

What I wish is that I was Never Fat in the first place and had to get the Band!

Being Banded has changed my life for the better and I would NEVER want that life back!!

No never! Even with my leak I dont know what I would do without my band! I even get mad at her somedays... but in the end... my band is my best friend!

I am newly banded, and I have recently drifted to I wish land. During Thanksgiving when I lied to everyone and told them that I had Acid Reflux and couldn't eat anything, I hated it. And when I tried t drink a Margarita 1 week and 1 day after surgery, because all my friends were, I hated it. (DON"T do that.)

But I have goals and they had not seemed attainable until now, so I am holding on. Besides, it is in there now.

regret being banded? No. I was never a binger, so I don't miss that over eating like that.

Like Jack, I to did have a feelinging of "OH MY GAWD!!!! WHAT DID I DO????" but it passed and I'm a happy camper. (mostly :D)

The only things about my band that really get to me are

1) nothing super cold to drink anywhere near meal time, pandora (my band) hates cold anything and she locks down like a little Iron fist

2) 1/2 of a mixed drink and I am DRUNK :D I was never a big drinker but I would have a mixed drink with dinner or at a party, if I do that now I will make an ass of myself

3) my tummy is noisy, it is funny most of the time, but during Thanksgiving prayer was not the time for Pandora to speak up.

Other than that I should be a poster child for Inamed, I love my band and tell anyone that is interested about it. I am totally happy with the changes that I have made and my family has noticed a difference too. I smile now, and I don't need a mid afternoon nap anymore. My daughter says I had a happy band installed. (She's 4) Just last night the woman that cuts my hair said that I had a beautiful smile and she has been cutting my hair for 5 years and has never noticed it before? I guess she has never seen me smile a genuine smile before.

So do I ever wish it was not there? Nope

Do I ever wish I could remove my restriction? Nope, my doc even offered to drain my and for my vacation and I declined, I made myself a promise the day I was approved for surgery, I would never abuse my body with food again and I haven't and don't lpan on it. ~Mandy

No I have never wished I wasn't banded - but I will tell you this and I'm being honest.

I expected to lose a significant amount of weight by just the cut in food intake alone from the band and figured once I started losing a lot of weight - then I would start excercisign hoping the weight loss would bring the motivation.

I will tell you this isn't true. I see the commercials ads advertising for the LAPBAND saying you can eat everything you do and still lose weight and blah blah blah. I have good restriction and eat very small amounts - but the 13lbs I've lost in 6 months - I've worked very hard for and the band hasn't helped - the weight I've lost is from excercising.

I really don't understand why I'm not losing more - if I had to work my ass off to lose weight by myself then why did I get banded? Yes its doing its job by restricting food intake, but when I was used to eating 3-4000 sometimes 5000 calories a day pre-band and banded I go to strict 1500 and didn't lose any weight well then what was the point of me getting banded if I have to excercise it all off anyway?

Yes my band is doing its job so I can't blame the band - but all I'm saying is that it doesn't work for everybody. You would think that a person who consumed 5000 calories a day and jumped to only 1500 would start losing some significant weight - not me! So I'm going to start excercising my ass off to get this weight off because I want to be healthy but I really thought the band was going to jump start it for me and it hasn't. Some people are different. But one thing I do love about the band is knowing at least I won't ever gain a significant amount of weight back as you'd have to work really hard to eat around the band and gain all your weight back so for that I'm thankful for the band.

This is a great read for people (like me) who are in research mode. Honestly from what I've read here in the last month or two I figured I would have seen a lot more "yes" than I have. Very interesting to track this and read others' replies...

Thank you for this post. This was a great read for me. I was 80% sure I was going to get the band, but I had changed my mind after I started having success on my own. (lost 40lbs since 05/31/05)

Now I have hit a wal,l and have had a few episodes of just wanting to cram my mouth with anything and everything. :D Times like that I just know the band would be so helpful. So now I am back to researching. This was very helpful to me!