Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did anyone try this workout yet? if so how long after getting banded should i start? and most importantly..did it work?

:thumbup:

If you are at the beginning of your weight loss journey, or even half way through I would not recommend this workout. It is really geared for those who are already in good shape that need to get to the next level. I have tried it, and its well beyond my capability. I feel that it would most likely just discourage you.

P90x might be a better place to start, even though I believe it is also a rather advanced program.

I would recommend the Wii Fit or EA Active on the Wii as a good starting point.

I wouldn't recommend P90x either..that's even more advanced than Insanity. I've been doing the Slim in 6 series and it's been going well. After this I plan to do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred with (possibly) ChaLean added into it.

For starters I'd recommend Slim in 6. Master that and then move on. I plan to do p90, and then possibly insanity, but this will be after I've started to lose more weight.

Okay, I did p90x and anyone can, and frankly should, do it. It was all about just doing what you COULD do and build up from there. I would LOVE to do Insanity, though. It would be awesome...

I really think that people shortchange themselves when it comes to exercise. I think people should be push their bodies to the limit, but while doing what they can.

Your body will take you much farther than your mind thinks it will. Our heads are self-defeating. Challenge your muscles and listen to their response.

Brad

Your body will take you much farther than your mind thinks it will. Our heads are self-defeating. Challenge your muscles and listen to their response.

Brad

My ability to go from 0-4 pullups in 30 days of p90x agrees with you 1000%. haha. :unsure:

I'm just starting my journey and I started p90x yesterday. Definitely sore today...

I've never been one to work out a whole lot, so this is a HUGE challenge for me, but I totally think it's doable! I'll admit, I didn't do everything Tony instructed to do, but one day soon I hope to be able to! I even asked about starting this and my dietician said it was great and it works in conjunction with the high Protein diet bandsters are already on.

I'm doing the lean version which is supposed to aimed more towards cardio, therefore more weight loss.

And I heard Insanity is way tougher than p90x, by the way. But I guess it really just depends on the person.

glad to hear the good things about P90X - i'm starting the program tonight, and was very worried about it being too much for me, but i'm just going to do as much as i can (and maybe a little bit more than that) and see how it goes.

You guys are going to like it. It's tough, but you see results. Maybe not so much on the scale right away, but when you see yourself being able to follow along with him easier, it's a HUGE non-scale victory!! Oh, and plyometrics and yoga are the most evil things ever and I hate them, but there's nothing else that can replace them. lol.

Honestly, I'd be totally game to do Insanity, though. I'm kind of a sucker for pushing myself to the limit. lol.

Good luck guys and I'm gonna make a P90x diary thread for us. PLEASE JOIN!!!