Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Absolutely the best protein shakes

Hi everyone!

whey Protein isolate powder at deep discount.

the website is nutrabio.com

I have some great recipes to share with you! I went on vacation with my kids to Sanibel and met Tim, who is the owner and trainer of Sanibel Health Club. He is also a bodybuilder and he definitely worships his body on a daily basis without steroids. Tim gave me so many great tips but of all the tips I loved his protein recipe shakes. I swear they are better than any restaurants shake and will actually help you build muscle and lose weight. Here is his strategy on working out: warm up 5 minutes on the treadmill, then decide if you are going to do upper body weight training or lower body weight training. It is too stressful to do both in one day. So say you are gonna work your upper body (chest,back,arms, etc). IF you want to tone up muscles, work up to 3-5 sets of 10-12 repetitions at a moderate rate. Then on the next day work your lower body (gluts, legs, etc) with the same amount of sets and reps. You can and should do abdominal exercises on a daily basis. OK, after you have finished your weights, go back to your cardio (walking, elliptical, treadmill, running, etc ) for 30 minutes minimum. The reason you have to work out weights before cardio is because you need all the energy you can get for the weights. When you finish , and begin the cardio or aerobic, your body will burn carbs and fat, and not much muscle. You don't want your body to eat away muscle! For all these years, I have been doing it the exact opposite!

Then within 1-2 hours your muscles, from being used in weights, have been torn and in order to rebuild these muscles you must have protein pronto! Now how you get it is up to you, but I prefer to have a sweet Protein Shake and not feel guilty. These really fill me up and what is great about these shakes is that you can modify them according to your caloric intake. Remember, if you are working out properly, there is no way you will gain and Tim told me you can have these shakes in addition to your daily caloric count and still lose weight! I am living proof! I lost 06lbs in 2 weeks and this is the first time I ever lost weight on vacation. One of the motivators I told myself was, no work out, no shake! And that worked and kept me full! You can also use as a Meal Replacement 1x a day. I tried to keep the shakes under 300 calories.

The best and cheapest sight for whey protein isolate is nutrabio.com. There are tons of flavors, but I just order 5lb of vanilla and 5 lbs of chocolate. You save more money if you buy in bulk and TIM says this is the product he buys for his club.

The next "staple" I always have at my home is sf pudding mixes, sf chocolate Syrup, coconut extract, miniature marshmallows (that's right!), and lowfat graham crackers (the kind that comes 4 to a square). Also, depending on what kind of shake, you may need blueberries,strawberries (frozen), any kind of berries. Some shakes require fruit juices . I find it convenient to fill up an empty tray of ice with concentrated orange, pineapple, banana-orange-pineapple juice, or any juice, just so long as it is pure juice. Then last but not least 1 1/2-2 cups of ice and and 6-8oz of Water.< /p>

'SMORES

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (this is the standard amt)

1 large sheet of graham crackers (should have 4 miniature sheets)

1/4 packet sf vanilla pudding (Pudding really makes it rich!)

1 level scoop of vanilla whey protein isolate

2 tblsp sf chocolate syrup.

Ice and water

Remember, this is how all shakes begin in the blender .

First 1 cup of ice, 2-3 oz of water, then ad protein, syrup, crackers,marshmallow,pudding. NOW BEGIN PULSING ON THE BLENDER. If you need, it is ok to use a spatula. SLOWLY, add more water and ice, to fit your needs.

Get ready to be surprised after poring it into a big tall glass! Then please taste and tell me what you think!!!

Here so some more recipes:

ORANGE DREAMSICKLE:

1-2 ice cubes of OJ

1 scoop vanilla protein

1/4 pkt sf vanilla pudding mix

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (optional)

ICE and WATER (see above for standard amounts)

Same as above for blending!

CHEESECAKE SHAKE:

1/4 pkt of cheesecake pudding mix

1/2 cup marshmallows (opt)

1 scoop vanilla whey protein isolate

1 large sheet graham crackers

1/2 cup frozen strawberries,blueberries, or any berries (opt)

ICE and WATER (Standard)

banana CREAM PIE SHAKE:

1/4 cup sf banana cream pudding mix

1/2 banana (frozen or fresh) (Optional)

1 large sheet graham crackers

1 scoop vanilla protein whey isolate (You can use chocolate too)

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (optional)

ICE AND WATER

Prepare the same as the above shakes

Cookies AND CREAM SHAKE:

1 reduced fat oreo cookie

1 scoop protein whey isolate (Vanilla or Chocolate)

1/2 cup marshmallows (optional)

1/4 cup sf vanilla pudding mix or cookies and cream pudding mix

ICE AND WATER (standard amounts)

blend and prepare as the shakes above

PINA COLADA SHAKE:

1-3 frozen ice cubes of DOLE PINA COLADA JUICE (Dole has some really yummy 100% juice mixes you may substitute)

1/4 pkt of sf vanilla pudding mix

ICE and WATER

You can try adding 1/2 banana or 1/8 coconut extract

Prepare same as above

FRUIT SHAKES:

1/2 cup any fresh fruit (use your imagination)

1 scoop whey protein isolate (vanilla or chocolate)

1 large sheet graham crackers (OPT)

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (OPT)

ICE and WATER

Prepare same as above

CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA WHITE CHOCOLATE MINT SHAKE:

1 scoop of whey protein isolate (vanilla or choc flavor)

1/4 tsp mint extract

14/ pkt sf vanilla pudding mix

1 large sheet of graham crackers (OPT)

1/4-1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (OPT)

ICE AND WATER STANDARD

Prepare same as above

LEMON CREAM PIE SHAKE:

1/4 pkt lemon pudding mix (BY THE WAY ALL PUDDING MIXES MUST BE INSTANT)

1/4 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (opt)

1 large sheet low fat graham crackers

ICE and WATER STANDARD

I am trying new shakes everyday. Once you get the hang of it, experiment, and if you find a keeper, please post it here and let me know how it goes!

BON APPETIT!

The next "staple" I always have at my home is sf pudding mixes".

Let me correct that! THEY MUST BE INSTANT pudding MIXES!

I tried the pudding mixes you have to cook and and ruined the shake!

Your recipes sound great.

My favorite brand of Protein is the Inspire line from Bariatric Eating.

Oh yeah, I think this is going to help me! Thanks for posting this :)

I'm really glad that you shared that information. I had a trainer write out a work out for me, and even though I did know about the Protein after my work out, I wasn't aware about doing cardio AFTER the weight training. She actually didn't even write me a lower work out for weight training--only an upper.

I began exercise about 3 weeks after surgery, and I have already lost almost 60 pounds. I had my surgery on 02/19/10. However, I have been exercising as soon as I was cleared. As of date, I still do not have any Fluid in my band, although I can eat a lot more food than I should probably be able too--I just cut myself off. Thanks again for sharing your info.

Your welcome! Anyone, please let me know if you have tried any of the shake recipes and if so, did you like them?

Thanks!

I have added a mix/match of the ingredients to my pre/during/post workout nutrition. I really like Mint chocolate shakes.

I posted on your other thread that some people probably look at the ingredients, see simple carbs, gasp, and rush to click off the page before they gain weight. :tt2:

The simple carbs are a good thing during strength training because they help replenish lost glycogen stores, and speed muscle recovery. Keep your overall energy balance in check and those simple carbs are only a positive factor.

Brad

I know when people read the ingredients they flip out but if they do the workout, they will NOT gain weight! If that were true, then I would not have gone from 168 to 151 since drinking the shakes! I am glad you liked the chocolate mint!

Thanks for the input!

I just tried the lemon cream pie shake but substituted 1/2 tsp lemon extract and used sf instant vanilla pudding instead of sf lemon pudding. It was great and it really reminded me of eating a lemon cream pie!

These sound delicious!! Thanks for sharing!

I'm really glad that you shared that information. I had a trainer write out a work out for me, and even though I did know about the Protein after my work out, I wasn't aware about doing cardio AFTER the weight training. She actually didn't even write me a lower work out for weight training--only an upper.

I began exercise about 3 weeks after surgery, and I have already lost almost 60 pounds. I had my surgery on 02/19/10. However, I have been exercising as soon as I was cleared. As of date, I still do not have any Fluid in my band, although I can eat a lot more food than I should probably be able too--I just cut myself off. Thanks again for sharing your info.

What was the plan she wrote up for you? Could you share it bc right now im too broke for a personal trainer.

I need help quickly. I have been on a whey Protein Shake liquid diet for 4 days now. I think I am allergic to the whey Protein. I have had nausea, headache, diarrhea, and an overall feeling of yuck(cold sweats included). My doctor wants liquid, 90g of protein perday, no carbs (impossible without eating (or drinking) cardboard) and less than 1200 calories. I am so sick that I can't motivate myself to move off the couch. I can't stand the thought of putting anything in my stomach, including Water. I know I was a carbohydrate addict and I expected some withdrawal but I have been miserable for 4 days.

Wow Debra,

I am not a doctor but it sure sounds like you are allergic to whey. Check out this website.....Symptoms of Allergy to Whey | eHow.com

I checked your profile and don't really understand why he is insisting on an all liquid diet right now. Your surgery is Aug 4th and I guess he is trying to ensure the all goes well and to shrink your liver down beforehand. He definitely has you on a liver shrinking diet but from all the research I have done on this website and through my doctor and others, your bmi is pretty low for such a drastic diet. Usually, if you begin with a bmi of 40 to 50 I have seen this. Why can't you get Protein from lean meats or eggs and Fiber from steamed veges? Call him today and tell him what is going on with you physically. And if you aren't satisfied, get a second opinion. Trust your instincts. If he talks down to you (unfortunately, some have power issues), find another doctor. You are worth it!

Let us know how you are doing!

Thanks for your insight. I agree with the two week thing. I got the feeling when I was talking to his assistant that this liquid diet was a one size fits all thing. I was told it was for liver shrinking. Unfortunately I have no choice in doctors, he is the only one covered by my insurance. I will definitely call him on Monday, until then, I am not sure what to do. I should have called yesterday.

I was accepted by the insurance with a lower BMI because of all the comorbidities I have.

Thanks for your help.

Debra,

I am gonna tell you what a woman told me who had this surgery 3 years before I did and lost all of her weight and is doing well....Call him today, even though his office is closed! He is working for you, not the other way around. If he is a good doctor, he would want you to. I think it is dangerous to wait another 2 days if you are feeling this lousy...Sorry if I am sounding pushy, but I care and I have had my share of good and bad doctors. It is best to find out beforehand which one you have! Please take care!