Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I may have given up....

So the last month I have lost and gained the same 2lbs. I can not seem to get re focused. I am eating good choices but over indulging, I have let the boredom and mind hunger take over again and I can not seem to shake it. I am so close to goal it kills me. I have an appt with my doc on the 22nd so hopefully a little more fill and my enthusiasm with resurface.

My Dear, don't even THINK about giving up this close to your goal.

You have done so incredibly well.

The reality is that a lot of bandsters find those last handful of pounds can be very diffcult to shed, and you may need to make some adjustments in your eating, and perhaps in your band as well. Of course, I do not know anything about the particulars of your situation, but I have observed that Many people who have the Lap Band placed will continue eating pretty much the same things they did pre-band....only less of it. This creates a problem when you get down to the last 20 or 30 percent of your weight loss goal. You will find that the QUALITY of what you are eating becomes much more important at this stage. You should examine WHAT you are eating now, and make some changes in that area.

I think you are very wise in seeing your Doctor. I am certain that you will find a reasonably simple solution to this.

But DON'T give up on your goal! You've come this far....and you CAN meet or exceed your expectations!

I'll be watching you......:thumbup:

S.

Don't you dare!!

You've come way too far to blow it now. Plateaus are a normal part of the weight loss process. Your body needs time to shift things into place.

I played with the same 4 pounds for 4 weeks. I smiled every morning and asked the scale if it was done screwing with me. That broke a month ago and I've dropped almost 20 pounds since.

You just have to keep your chin up and be patient.

I put before and after pictures of myself side by side this afternoon and I am more motivated than ever. Try that.

Don't even think about it!!!

I was just banded 2 days ago and i am so sore, a tad bit hungry and gasey. I keep thinking and telling myself that I better make the best of this because I ddin't do this to myself for nothing. Try to think back and remember why you took this journey . . . may help you gat back on track.

I'm new to the band but not to dieting and the last few pounds are always the hardest. Look at your calorie intake, your exercise and shake things up.

Going to see your doctor is a great step.

Best of luck to you

don't give up or maybe you could reconsider a new goalweight, for example instead of 136 make it 140? more realistic? oh well, whichever way, keep it up, don't give up!!! you can do it.

I know those last few pounds are monsters!

Here is my trick, I use this no matter what I am doing, running, dieting, etc. I try for one more.

"I don't know if I can do 10 more but I know I can do one more. I know I can ________1 more ______. Then I will decide what to do from there."

I just substitute whatever I am struggling with

"I can run 1 more minute"

"I can lose 1 more pound"

"I can do the liquid diet 1 more day"

I hope this helps.

No way! You're not allowed to give up!

Look how far you've come! It's natural to plateau close to goal.

I know it's frustrating--but you will get there!

Don't give up. You have done so great and you will get there.

We are all pushing for you!:thumbup::welldoneclap:

Thanks everyone, I needed this encouragement. It is hard somedays. I am back on the road to sucess!

Good!

That is what we like to hear.

There will always be those dark days, those times when you feel like you cannot go on. But they always pass....you must have had them before, and things have always improved, right?

You really HAVE done very, very well, and you should be proud of yourself and your accomplishment.

But, if those doubts surface again....just look at your screen name, and you will find the inspiration to continue.

"Mom2girls"....our kids are the BEST reason for doing this. You need to be strong and healthy for THEM,...and for yourself.

Keep it up, Mom...you're almost there...:thumbup:

S.

Thanks everyone, I needed this encouragement. It is hard somedays. I am back on the road to sucess!

Girl, I couldn't relate more to your post!!! It is going soooooooooooooo very slllllllloooowwww right now and I am starting to wonder "Is this it?" I follow the rules to a "t", exercise my butt off and no loss....I have a moment of weakness (a spoonful of FF ice cream or something like that) and STILL no loss, so it's the same no matter if I'm an angel or have a teeny tiny minute of insanity! I am hoping it's not my body telling me it's finished.

You have done an amazing job, whether you lose another pound or not. You are 70 lbs down!!!! Yeah! What an achievement! I'd say the hardest part is behind you! I know how hard it can be on most days, but believe me, we're all pulling for you. We can keep each other motivated :thumbup:!

You've soooooo got this, girl!

You should be so proud of yourself for losing 70 pounds! It's people like you that keep me motivated when things get frustrating. You have done so well! I'm glad to hear your back on track! :thumbup: