Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLATEAU!!! How many of hit a plateau at approximately 1 year out?

I did too! MY year was in March and I was stuck! I didn't think I needed a fill, though, as I really cannot eat much quanity wise...I think it is just that I need to exercise more.

I did find that by wearing my Body Magic and drinking my LeVive seemed to spur my weight loss on over the plateau - I have lost 20 more lbs and 6 inches since March when I started them. (and yes I am an Ardyss distributor for those of you that wanna freak out about me saying that the product does work. I don't see anything wrong with telling you what helped me through my plateau, tho....)

It is so frustrating, though, when you get stuck....hang in there --- this too shall pass!

Kim

I am post op by almost 3 years now. I lost my first 100 pounds all within the first year. In may 2008 I hit my Plateau. This is now June 2010 and I have not lost one more pound. I have maintained my current weight now for just over two years. Is this normal? I don't know. I ahve asked my Dr. the Nurses, everyone and I was told that this is the end of the road for me. I cannot believe that or begin to understand why this has happened. I have always monitored my food, my fluids and yes my Protein Shakes as well as all the Protein and I don't lose the weight. Do I exercise? well yes I do and I even dance (Zumba) and what ever ese I can get myself into these days. I cannot and will not believe that this is my end in weightloss for I am still about 40 pounds over weight. I am very frustrated. I ahve had my fill of adjustments. I ahve been filled and then un filled due to problems and I was last filed in March of 2010 and as of two weeks ago I had to have one cc taken back out. Why this happens to me I don't know. I wish I could have a revision doen because I have had so mmany problems. From PB, night reflux, vomiting and even pain when swallowing, hoever I am no longer having those issues. I really wish i would have had the bypass done or another procedure. I guess I am at a loss here as most of you are too.

I was banded in nove 2008 and had pretty good weight loss the first 10 months, then i had a slip, a complete unfill, revision surgery to fix the slippage in sept 09 and have been at the same weight snce then. the same weight since SEPTEMBER 09!!!! i met with my surgeon today i told her that i am still not tight enough, i can eat EVERY and ANYTHING, nothing gets stuck or gives me any trouble at all and my protions are way to big. I work out but my caloric intake at this point is is allowig me to maintain but not lose. she gave me a virtual slap in the face and reminded me that most lapband patients only lose 50% of their excess weight. I refuse to accept that. I am about 38 lbs away from my "adjusted " goal (i originaly was going for a goal of 140 but have changed to 150) i dont want to settle for being "almost there" I signed up for total success. she gave me a sligt fill today and afollow up appt in 3 months. im hoping for a15 pound weight loss in that time frame. Recommitt to success and pull out all the stops. my 2 year banniversary is november 19 is 5 months away and i plan on being at my gaol weight. wish me luck as i do to each of you.