Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fearful of weight gain.

I just found out I was pregnant. I was banded in September of 2010 and had recently reached my goal of losing 110 lbs. I was feeling great about myself and then found out I was pregnant.

My husband and I were told we would never have a baby naturally, because of infertility on his part. So imagine my shock when I saw the Pregnant on three digital tests! :eek:

In one week of finding out I have gained 7lbs. I know that weight gain is going to happen, but for 10 months losing weight has been my focus. I was crushed when I step on the scale to find I had gained 7lbs.

How do you deal with the weight gain? Does it get easier? I had set a goal to gain only 25-30lbs. I know that I will have an easier time losing the weight because of the band, but gaining weight is freaking me out!:tongue2:

Please tell me I am not the only one!

wow in 10 months u lost so much congrats on doing that. I also have the big fear of weight gain during pregnancy but in know that i have not been as strict as i should and have been using pregnancy as an excuse and im accually fitting quite a bit of food in. My first few weeks of pregnancy i accually lost like 8 kgs which i was so happy about because i wasnt budging on my weight for so long. But i lost due to having so much morning/ all day sickness.. now that i have passed that ive been eating n eating and have put almost all that 8kgs back on. I was very upset as i know it cant be all baby. People are telling me to stop being so effected by my weight while im pregnant, but i know i could do better.

This has been the hardest thing for me. I gained 5 pounds right off the bat. Now I am actually 4lbs under where I was when I got preg.

I am preg with twins and am having some bleeding issues right now and am on bedrest. So for me, I have stopped worrying about the weight gain and more about having 2 healthy babies. The weight will come back off.

Hi! I am going through the same thing. I was banded in dec and lost 55 lbs and found out in late jan I was pregnant. This is my second baby(totally unplanned) I am so happy but it sucks to be back to gaining instead of losing. I have only had one small fill, so I am hoping after the baby comes I can get a good fill and get back on track. I am 5.5 months pregnent and have gained 2 lbs. But I know I will prob gain a lb a wk from here on out... :thumbup:

I also had the same fear and unfortunetly its coming true for me I have 7 weeks left and I have gained @ 50+ lbs. I just hope that its easier to get off this time. I also eat what ever I want and have little to no restriction. Good luck!

I was banded in May 2009 and found out i was pregnant in August; with a conception date 2 weeks after my surgery!! I gained 36 pounds; going all the way back up to what i weighed when i first started everything. I was very nervous needless to say. I kept my fill during the whole pregnancy i think i had about 3 something in my band. Anyway at three months since the baby was born on March 7th 2010, i am breastfeeding and down 50 lbs. I just started exercising a week ago. The band has made a difference and i have had 2 fills since i had the baby, very conservative fills ; in fact i am just now feeling a real restriction at 5. Also i did not go gonzo during pregnancy ,but i wasn't an angel either !!:thumbup:) The pregnancy was the best of 4 and i felt the healthiest ever; i think this can be attributed to not overeating and gaining 50+ i usually gain.

My son was healthy at 10 lbs. 3 oz. and i am looking forward to this summer and how exercise will play into my weight loss.... So do not worry is my advice ;;instead~~ eat healthy, get plenty of rest, enjoy being pregnant, and breastfeed! :smile:)

Edited by laurieanns

Hi ladies. I am in the same boat. I am 10 months out of surgery and over 50 lbs down. I am 7 weeks pregnant and am terrified of gaining everyone of those 50 pounds back. My doctor will not let me have a fill despite having no restriction (I was too tight and had to have quite a bit of an emergency unfill right before I found out I was pregnant). I understand, but I am nervous about unrestricted eating during my entire pregnancy. Gotta stay strong and keep exercising, I suppose....good luck to everyone!

Hi All,

I am new here, but I am pregnanct with my 3rd child, my first while banded. I have to say that I am very fearful of the weight gain, but I am 6 months pregnant and have lost 6 lbs. I am having the healthiest pregnancy ever. I had 2 terrible previous pregnancies with hypertension being a major issue and pre-eclampsia. My doctor does not want me to gain any weight so I have continued on the health diet, but I had all the Fluid removed from my band. I check the scale everyday in the morning and if I see that I am creeping up, I get back to the exercise and healthy eating. Just keep balancing what you eat. It works and my baby is growing big and beautiful.