Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Im so happy its voting day today. Ive been getting so many calls, emails ect. Im so over it.

Rainy day today. I like it. Its crisp and cool out. Finally feels like fall!

Today is my first baby shower! So excited. The girls from work are throwing me a little cake and punch shower in our conference room. Im wearing my cute pink shirt. Ill try to take a pic and send it to yall.

Everyone have a great day!

Well I scooted into the polls 10 minutes before they closed, and guess what! Nobody was there to hand you those annoying ads. I mean really, if you haven't made up your mind by the time you go vote, it is scary that a piece of paper could be a deal breaker!! I am always nice and say I have already decided, but they still look offended that I don't take one of their ads.

That sux Pamela that you couldn't vote! That is so odd, does your neighbors have the same problem?

Hope you had fun at your shower Haydee! How many showers do you think you will have? Are you into your third trimester yet?

Everyone sleep good and see you in the morning!!

Hi girls~

I did end up voting, a provisional ballot. I feel better, but don't think it is going to count much. Oh well...it is not looking good for the dems anyway. But in Cali, I think we got Brown so that is good.

Almost finished w/ ROOM: A NOVEL. OMG, it is soooo good, and I love every word. I've told my students about it, and now they are bugging me daily about an update on Jack!

OK...off to get back at it...I am at 82% and hope to finish tonight...not looking good though, I am tired!

oxxo

Phew! What a nail biter! --

After playing the full regulation 90 min game (ended 0-0), then 2 10-minute overtimes (ended 0-0), last night's soccer game came down to the dreaded penalty kicks! Talk about how to make a goalie's mom go grey quickly! SO SO MUCH PRESSURE! But y'know what? My kid takes it all in stride. In fact, he LOVES it! It's what he trains for. Which is why he stopped 2 of 4 kicks and his team WON the game! Oh my! What excitement here in town! Now they're on to the regional semifinal game on Friday night!!!

Good morning... Another dreary rainy day here. Yuck.

My shower was nice yesterday. I forgot to take a picture of my pink shirt. When I wear it again ill remember....

Jane, ill have two more showers after this one. One from my side of the family, and one from juans side. Everyone is super excited for this baby. Can you tell? Lol

Yes, I'm in my third trimester already. I'm 31 weeks today. I can't believe how fast it's going. We will blink and she will be in my arms. I'm starting to feel better about going through labor. I was terrified but now I'm starting to be ok. I mean women do this every single day. It can't be that bad...

I still havent found a dress for my shower on saturday. Ive looked at so many places but I dont want to spend alot of money and maternity dresses are so expensive!

Oh and the babies' nursery furniture is here! They called me yesterday. We are getting it delivered the week before thanksgiving. I'm so excited. But the bedding is far from done. My fault of course. I can't find the right fabric for the flip side of the quilt and the curtains. I need to go find that this week...

Im sooo sleepy today. Im gonna take a nap during my

Hey Girls~

Another day here...work, meeting, workout, bbq chix later. I am ready for summer!

Love you girls...getting excited for the babies to come!

xoxoxo

Haydee, that is so neat all the planning going into the first!! Did you get more practical things at the shower or more pretties?

Laura, I think you should get a shower with each baby!! New law starting right now!!

Oh well, it is cold here, well not really 46, but we really haven't had a fall yet, so this is cold. Here that Laura, here it comes!!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I've been doing this and that today. I had a staff meeting at church, but that was postponed so I got some choir work done and then the meeting. Then I went to the chinese restaurant and got a gift certificate for Jen's birthday today. Then I her a card and while at K-mart finally got some photo paper to print off the photo for PamELa's Violet picture frame. It's in the mail tomorrow, PamELa!

I just finished editing Bob's newsletter for December. He needed to have it done because we are going to be gone next week to Florida. I have to leave in a few minutes to get some more things copied for choir and then dinner out.

I do need some prayers for Kris. She was very sick Monday night with bad cramping and sweating so much her hair was soaked. I called her about something and she just said she wasn't feeling well. I called her yesterday to see how she was feeling and she said.. "now don't get excited or upset.." great way to start a conversation!! She took a pregnancy test Monday and it was positive. She is 3 weeks along, but the cramping and sweating was not good. No spotting, but she went in to the doctor and they are going to do some more tests Friday. If her blood tests show a doubling of something or other (can't remember the exact thing) that means she has a baby, if not, then there is no baby there and she'll probably have to have a D&C. She's feeling ok today, but of course worried about what the outcome will be.

44 degrees here, Jane and snow predicted for Friday.. arghhhhhh Glad we will be heading to Florida for a few days.

Still waiting on that cold weather Jane! It's raining today, and a little chilly. But we still bounce between 60-85 degree days.

Also, I didn't think you should get a shower with each baby, but I found out early in my pregnancy people DO have a shower for each baby.

So, I am having another one :rolleyes: I kept everything from C, so I don't need a lot.. certain things like bottles, bibs, things you don't want to re-use I would need more of.

Haydee, here's a maternity tip. I never bought 'maternity dresses', just buy dresses that are babydoll style. Like the 2 you gave me, that have a line under the bust, then fall out. Short ones especially work great. Then you can re-use after the pregnancy, and they aren't terribly expensive. Old Navy normally has a good selection of baby doll style dresses.

that doesnt work for me. My big belly raises the hem up too much in the front. I have lots of wrap dresses and baby dolls since those are flattering on me but I went through and tried them all on last week and no go.

I ended up ordering two from target and had to get them shipped overnight. Grrrrrr.

Jane, im mostly getting tons of cute stuff. People just see pink stuff and they want that instead of a boring bottle, lol. Luckily weve been buying lots of little essentials and my sisters, juans brothers, my parents and juans mom have bought lots of the nessesities. Pack and play, swing, ect...

Ok this phone doesnt like posting? I have such a hard time getting it on...

Judy, purple power for Kris! Exciting and scary!

looking forward to the babies...one pink and one blue!