Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, my friends, it is true! Yesterday, 33 days out from surgery, I had myself a delicious salad. Worked for about 20 minutes chopping and shredding everything to a confetti-like size. Spritzed a little Balsamic Breeze dressing on it for negligible calorie and fat grams. Tyson fully-cooked mesquite chicken strips and a boiled egg over spinach, cuke, green onion and a little bit of shredded cheese rounded out a nice, protein-packed 4 oz of heaven!!! No problems at all eating it. I'm such a nerd and so excited about it, I even took pictures! Check it out on my blog. Hahaha!! Can't wait to have another one maybe tomorrow! :unsure:

Love salad. It is one of my only sure things I can eat so I often eat it when I have to go out for lunches/dinners.

I add some cheese to help with the Protein and love them, even more than I did pre banding!

I will be 2 weeks post band tomorrow and I

can't wait for a good salad!!!

I just started salads again recently too! YUMMY.... Did you get a fill yet? I am wondering if salads get harder to eat after you have a fill...

I've had 3 fills and am at good restriction (not perfect, but close!) - and I can still have salad. So,yes, it's possible!!! :unsure:

Nope, I haven't had a fill yet. Can't imagine that i even need one. Supposed to have my first on Monday, but I feel tight already. Have to watch my bite sizes and my sip sizes, or it is very painful going down. i'm not hungry, and i'm still losing, so I don't now if he will give me a fill or not. especially after last week feeling so tight that i had to go back to liquids. I dunno. This band is a strange partner... but I'm sure liking it!!!

OH yes... salad!! I'm with you.. I had the worst craving for a salad. I'm SO glad I can eat salads. I was banded on May 3, 2010 and have had one fill (1cc) and no problems eating salad.

salad SOOOOO ROCKS! My favorite salad does NOT contain any lettuce however. I have found that if I have lettuce in my salad, I tend to take too big of a bite and it hurts.

MY FAVORITE SALAD:

grilled chicken (plain or buffalo), grilled shrimp, or tuna

thinly sliced cucumbers

diced tomatoes

chopped egg

shredded cheese

toasted sunflower seed or sliced almonds

dressing on the side

This salad is really loaded with protein! Its also very easy to prepare a large quantity ahead of time and store the ingredients in separate containers. That way, I always have a delicious/nutritious meal ready!

The only draw back is that when I order a salad WITHOUT lettuce at a restaurant, I tend to get quite a few funny looks and double-takes! :unsure:

I am so with you!!! I had my first salad yesterday, almost 3 months after surgery. I was so scared to try it, but it went down very easily, and I have had one fill. I couldn't eat a lot of it at one time, and had to chew chew chew the snot out of the lettuce to get it small enough to swallow, but my goodness did it taste good!! I was missing my salads!!