Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, I was hoping that someone can give me some advice. I was banded 9 weeks ago, and so far so good! Recently, (for the past 2 weeks) I have been having pain in my port area. It isn't severe, but I can't sleep on my side, or bend over without pain. The incision isn't red or warm to the touch. I am the mother of 1 1/2 year old twins, and am constantly lifting them or being jumped on! I am not sure if it scar tissue forming, and that is the pain, or if it is something else. I called my drs. office first thing this morning, but they never returned my call. Do you guys think that I shoud be concerned? (I have an appointment next week Wednesday.)

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Amber

Any advice please?!?!

Hi Amber - I saw this post a few days ago and have been experiencing similar port-area pain as well and came back to see if you had any responses. I think you are right about this being scar tissue forming beneath the skin. I was banded 6 weeks ago and my pain is slight, feels almost like burning/itching but not on the skin...on the inside. Is your pain similar? Please send an update after your appointment next week.

I was banded 6 weeks ago, and was having pains at the port site. The pain got so irritating that I went to see my doctor. He told me the fascia (abdominal lining) is very sensitive for some people.

He injected lidocaine in a few areas surrounding the port. Amazing!! Instant relief! That was 10 days ago.

Even though he offered to inject more lidocaine if I needed it, I spent about 7 days really being careful; not bending over too far without supporting my port area with my hand, not lifting, etc. I went to get my 2nd fill today, and was so happy to report that the pain is about 80% better.

Hope this was helpful!:Dancing_biggrin:

I had an infection and the pain was unbearable, the area was red and hot to the touch. The pain was really bad, I could not wear any pants that touched the area and the port area was extremely sensitive.

At any rate, I would still call the surgeon again and if the pain gets any worse ask them to move your appointment up so it can be checked.

Best of luck!

This is quite normal. I still have port pain from time to time. Little ones jumping on you or lying down on something... It's normally a short term thing - like bruising. If it continues or gets worse I would definitely increase my attention to find out why...

Brad

Ok, you asked for an update, so here it is! I went today for a fill. The dr. said that some people tend to have more pain than others. He said that it is attached to smooth muscles, and that some people are sensitive. He wants me to keep an eye on it and let him know if it gets any worse. When he did my fill, he told me that I have a large amount of scar tissue around the port, and that it has caused it to tilt. So, if you ask me, I still believe that the pain is from scar tissue forming and pulling. I hope that everyone else is feeling some relief.

Thanks for the update! Glad it was nothing major!

Brad

I am having Port site pain I am 5weeks post op it hurts if I push on the area or when I stand up. I also noticed that I am burping so. I go for my first fill on Thursday July 1, 2010 should I call my Dr or what until Thursday? Please help:sad:

I had on and off port pain for a year. It was never severe. Even now the port area is sensitive, has never caused a problem!