Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys! I started back to work yesterday. I've noticed that since then, I am alot hungrier than I was while I wasn't working. Has this happened to anyone else? I figure it's just because I'm more active (I work as a floor nurse).

Another thing I've noticed is that the scale hasn't budged in almost two weeks. I know this is the "bandster hell" I hear about, but it is really getting frustrating. I have not cheated once, but that doesn't seem to matter cuz the scale hasn't moved. I am happy I have lost 13 pounds, but I"m scared how long it's going to take to lose more. I'm starting to get depressed about it. :thumbup:

During this time period it is imperative that you "diet" and I hate to use that word. I was hungry for a long time while waiting for fill after fill. I finally have restriction and it's great. But I didn't really lose much weight for about 3 months. I maintained and maybe lost a few pounds but don't look for big weight loss right now. Just count your calories and measure what you eat and drink, drink, drink your water! Keep Protein high and carbs low. That did the trick for me. Hope this helps! Best wishes!

Thanks Illuminationlady! I keep my calories between 500-900 a day. It's just so frustrating! I'm going to try to cut back on my carbs..maybe that will help. Thank you for your time! :thumbup: Best wishes to you too!

My thought would be that you are eating too few calories to fuel your body. Maybe try to get closer to 900 calories a day?

I agree with BamBam... you are probably not getting enough calories. I try to stay under 1350 calories. Keep some low fat cheese sticks on hand for when you get hungry.... one of them with a few LOW fat whole grain crackers will help. (Triscuits).

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going crazy! :thumbup:

I join the chorus of you are eating too little. scale slowed for me when I was n the 400-700 range. When I bumped it up to the 900-1100 range BINGO! Weight loss resumed...

Good luck!

I'm also getting hungry often, first fill is not til June 22. I lost 13 pounds since surgery and am now just hanging out...last two days I have started to eat more also, thinking it is because I was not eating enough...managed to get in a healthy 1000 calories yesterday, and likely going to be 1200 today. Hope to see the scale start moving down again.

I do just as well at 1,500 calories a day as I do at 800.

The cutting down on the carbs may be your best bet. It's not just how many calories you're eating but what they are comprised of.

Also, what does your sodium intake look like and are you drinking caffeinated drinks? Both cause Fluid retention.