Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days Post op and down 22 POUNDS and feeling GREAT!

I was so SCARED to have the lap band procedure but I did it. I am now 10 day post op. I had my surgery on May 17th Monday and I am down 22 pounds. I feel great and I have already exercised twice today. I have an appt. for my first fill on July 1st. I plan on being one of the Lap Banders that loses their weight FAST.. My Dr. has explained to me that exercise EVERY SINGLE day is the KEY and getting in at least 64 ounces of Water a day along with Protein. I have been on the ball with my Drs. instructions and CHEATING is NOT an option! I know the weight loss will slow down but I am on CLOUD 9 now and I am trying to stay positive and get this weight off my body once and for all. I am sooooooooooo glad I had this surgery!!! Best decision I EVER made!!:ohmy::rolleyes::redface::rolleyes::thumbup:

Edited by ChocolateDream81
word mis spelled.

Congrats!! Hopefully the scale keeps on moving down! :rolleyes:

Congrats! I was reading the scared thread for a while, so I'm soooo glad to see that it's working out now :rolleyes:

Wow! Congratulations! That's wonderful. We all lose at different rates and it seems you are one of the lucky ones that loses it fast. I was banded on 5/03/10 and lost an initial 10 pounds and then nothing for two weeks. Yesterday I saw the scale start moving so I'm on my way, too!

Keep up the good work and stay positive. It's going to come off whether it's slowly or quickly. It's going to happen.

weight.png

I had my surgery May 20th. I initially lost 5lbs in a few days, then inexplicably went up a few pounds and stayed there for 5 days. Last night I had the worst night sweats (!) and got up this morning ... all that weight is back off and I am now down 8lbs in 8 days.

Nothing like 22 (!!!) but I know what you mean - wow! :rolleyes:

I was so SCARED to have the LAP-BAND® procedure but I did it. I am now 10 day post op. I had my surgery on May 17th Monday and I am down 22 pounds. I feel great and I have already exercised twice today. I have an appt. for my first fill on July 1st. I plan on being one of the Lap Banders that loses their weight FAST.. My Dr. has explained to me that exercise EVERY SINGLE day is the KEY and getting in at least 64 ounces of Water a day along with Protein. I have been on the ball with my Drs. instructions and CHEATING is NOT an option! I know the weight loss will slow down but I am on CLOUD 9 now and I am trying to stay positive and get this weight off my body once and for all. I am sooooooooooo glad I had this surgery!!! Best decision I EVER made!!:thumbup::rolleyes::redface::ohmy::thumbup:

You're doing great!:rolleyes::thumbup:

Congratulations on your success:thumbup:, I don't want to dampen your spirit but I want you to be realistic. Right now you are in the Pre Op stage, you are healing, you may gain some weight or get stuck and that is ok:tongue:. Once you have your first fill you will be a different person and you will really be able to give it your all in everything. Do not get discouraged :rolleyes: if anything does not pan out as you planned or your body is not reacting as you want it to, this happens, it is a learning experience and you go on and try different things that work for you. I have met a few people on here who become upset and want to give up if their body is not looking like they thought or the scale is not where it should be!~ Everyday will prove to be a challenge just meet it head on with the same enthusiasm you have right now!

I am in the same journey with you and believe me I am pumped up but I am also keeping it real, because sometimes our success goes to our head and we forget from where we came from and where we are going! Keep it up!

Take Care and enjoy the journey!

Congratulations!! That's a lot to lose!

I was just banded Thursday and I'm down 3 lbs. I'm guessing most of it is Water weight. I've had very little pain. I'm going to try to leave the house tomorrow and do more than just walk around the yard. Let's see how things go!

hey there,

I know that my results are not typical and that they will slow down. Everyones bodyis different.... on surgery day they weighed me and I was 284 today I am 260. My surgery was on May 17th so its just about 12 days out. I was on a liquid diet the first week and this week I have been on Beans, and eggs and Water. I love every minute of it. I feel good and did a 45 minute walk today at the park. I am MENTALLY ready to shed this weight once and for all. I litterally day dream several times a day of me in a mini skirt and on the beach in a bathing suit or in high heels and tank tops or not sleeping at night with my CPAP machine or taking blood pressure and high cholesterol pills or making sure that I turn my boarderline DIABETIC in to a NO DIABETIC. I mentally have NO ROOM for failure. I have read several postings on here where the main thing out of everyones mouth is when can we have more food? When can we have potatoes and meat...... I am not in to asking questions when I can have this and that I am just enjoying each stage I am at. My surgeon and dieticican told me that I can and will be down 80 pounds or more by december... and believe me I plan on it. I HAVE TO exercise every single day..... NO QUESTIONS ASKED... period!! at least 30 min but an hour is ideal. I have to have my 64 oz or more of water and my 60 grams of Protein. These are requirements for success and I REFUSE to fail. I was once very weak to this weight GAME that we all are involved in but I have seen the LIGHT...... and I am ready to FEEL it in my new BODY!! Congratulations to all of you.... I wish you the best successes!!! REMEMBER you can do ANYTHING if you put your mind to it!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::thumbup::rolleyes::redface: I am better than NO ONE and god knows... but I have to take a stand for my health and my wants..... this surgery is all about me.... as your surgery should be all about YOU..... make of it what you wish!!

Edited by ChocolateDream81
mis spelled words

Wow i am so jealous. I was banded the same day, and only down 4 pounds. ugh

ChocolateDream81,

Congratulations! Keep up the good work! I was banded on May 18th and am down 14.5 pounds....

Quick question: how do you manage to drink 64oz of Water and 3 Protein shakes. I am barely drinking one bottle Water (16.9oz) and 2 Protein Shakes. Any suggestions?

My diet has changed from pureed to soft and I am loving it!

Quick question: how do you manage to drink 64oz of Water and 3 Protein shakes. I am barely drinking one bottle Water (16.9oz) and 2 Protein Shakes. Any suggestions?

Same for me! I get way to full for all that!

Congrats ChocolateDream81!!! I was banded on May 13 and am down 13 pounds so far. You are really lucky to have already lost 22 pounds!!! I hope it keeps up! :rolleyes:

ChocolateDream81,

Congratulations! Keep up the good work! I was banded on May 18th and am down 14.5 pounds....

My diet has changed from pureed to soft and I am loving it!

Congratualtions to you too. Okay the 64oz of water is done over the course of the day I sip sip sip till I can't sip anymore and normally finish around 8 or 9 at night with the full 64. As far as the Protein goes. I do not drink protein shakes since I am lactose intolerant. I drink the little bullet shots that are smal and fruityl....... and are 26 grams of protein in one. Its literally like a shot so its cool and does not taste that bad and almost 30 grams of protein.... EXCELLENT makes me almost halfway to my daily goal. I only eat 3 times a day NO Snacks. maybe a sugar free popcicle around 3 but thats it. right now I am on any Beans and a boiled egg for Breakfast. apple sauce (no sugar) is also allowed. but I NEVER can finish the small apple sauce container. Let me know your tips too...lol

thanks

Dana