Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on May 13. In the first nine days, I lost 12 1/2 pounds and now I'm stuck. I have done really good in following the diet, but am still stuck. I know I should be happy that I lost the weight I have already and I am. I'm just scared I may not lose for weeks or something. Has anyone had this trouble? It's really hard when your doing nothing but drinking liquids and still not losing. Thanks for your time guys!

Its called bandster hell. You were just banded (like me) and I have to listen to what I tell other poeple...these first 6 weeks are not for losing, they are for healing...anything you lose is a bonus! Once you've had a fill or two, then you will start to actually lose.

Hang in there and good luck! There are others of us going through it too!!

Thank you so much for the message Crabby! :thumbup: I feel better cuz we were banded the same day and have almost the exact same weight loss! Are you still on a full liquid diet? I am until Thursday. I see my surgeon Friday. It's really hard not be eating, yet not be losing weight. I'm sure you understand! I just have to keep trying. I never would've lost those twelve pounds on my own! How did you get that weight loss tracker things on your profile? I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks again for the message! Good luck! :smile2:

12 pounds in 10 days is fantastic! You may find you have a big drop over the next couple weeks. I believe they put saline in the iv in the hospital, makes you retain fluids. I only lost 3.5 pounds the first week, but a couple weeks later lost 8 in one week. I don't think you have anything to be discouraged about. You will get there! Also, you may be weighing yourself too much. Your weight will flucuate from day to day. I suggest weighing in once a week. I know it's hard, but you may be less discouraged that way. Best wishes!

vlp1968 you could not be more right about weighing myself everyday! That has always been a bad habit of mine. it didn't take me a week to gain it, so I shouldn't expect to lose it so fast! Thank you for your words of encouragment. I need that today. :thumbup:

I was also banded on the 13th and have lost 12lbs and stopped. I am excited for my loss but hoped to see more since I have cut my food consumption down so much. I fill up on 1 cup to a little less at each meal. My stomach says I'm full but my brain, tastebuds and habits say otherwise. It's been hard work but I have been sticking to good food choices and still nothing. I go for my f/u on Friday and hope for some encouragement from my dr. I am on soft/mushy but they don't seem to last very long before my stomach starts growling.

I know the feeling. On the liquid diet my scale was moving everyday. It has now just stopped. I know that I am suppose to be healing and that its not a miracle thing and its going to take time... but ive been fat my whole life, I want to see those pounds dropping!

Dont let it bother you, just eat right and do what you are doing. Can you work out yet? I know I am not ready, but I cant wait till I am it will help with the weight loss!

Dont get discouraged! People are not all the same on their weight loss.

Some people drop it slowly and some people can loose it quickly. It all depends on your metabolism and exercising helps.

I started my liquid diet on April 29th. I had surgery on May 4th and I am down 27lbs. Most of that was Water weight from the liquids before and after surgery but even with my weight, I have a VERY fast metabolism. When I exercise, I drop weight quickly. I know I will hit a few rough spots but I'm going to keep going and every pound lost I will be thankful for.

Hang in there! We can ALL do it!

Thanks guys! I am just going to keep sticking with the full liquids. I think I am more hydrated too since I have been able to tolerate s/f liquids better. That's probably part of it. It's just frustrating when I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing, yet nothing is happening. My post op f/u is also on Friday Prat72. Not sure what to expect there. I'm not allowed to work out yet Nean. My surgeon said not until 4 weeks post op. I bought a new MP3 player and am looking forward to getting started though! :thumbup: Good luck to all of you and thanks for your time! :smile2:

You may be in for a waiting period. It varies from person to person. I, myself, had to just control and maintain. I controlled what I ate and what I put into my mouth. I maintained/lost a little of my weight. I just now am at the point where I'm not starving all of the time. I have had 5 or 6 fills and now have restriction and am losing. However my daughter was banded (by the same doctor) and she has had no hunger...lucky her. She found out later that she started with 4.5 ccs at the time of surgery. I started with an empty band. So you can see how this varies from person to person. My point is that you may be in for a wait and need to not let this get you discouraged. Keep reading on this forum or look to a local support group. Best wishes!