Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the day!!!!

I cannot believe that tomorrow is the big day (may 20th)....i'm mildly freaking out...haha

I won't lie...i've sorta freaked myself out a little bit today...and I have to wait till 11:30 to even go to the hospital! ahhh...

hope all you other 5/20 bandsters have an amazing day!!! :laugh:

Tomorrow is also my big day and, surprisingly, I have been tweaking too! I have been waiting to do this for almost 3 years and I am getting cold feet the day before. I almost called to cancel today!

What is something goes wrong? What if I regret this? What if I REALLY miss eating? I have been on the liquid Protein, low fat diet for almost two weeks and I am starving. Today was my clear liquid diet and I am starving. What if I am always starving on the band?

Good luck you guys! Come back soon and let us know how it went! I'm sure everything will go smoothly and you'll be on that road in no time!

One thing that really, really helped me those first few days was some advice I heard on these forums (which you probably already know but I'm going to repeat it anyway): you will have buyer's remorse at first. You'll be uncomfortable, maybe in pain, bloated and groggy - all very normal symptoms post any kind of surgery. You'll wonder why you elected to put yourself through it. Then suddenly, that feeling will go away.

Knowing that ahead of time reeeeeeeeeally helped me get through those first few days. I'd hear the little voice creep in, and I'd tell him to STFU!

I had all those thoughts too. Now that I am a week out I am feeling 100% confident with my decision. Good luck all :)

Sydney

Well, I did it! First, I want to thank all the people on this forum who take the time to post and share their experiences. I was literally on the forum reading for inspiration all night. My arrival time was at 6:30 a.m. and surgery at 9:00 a.m. so I didn't bother to sleep since I figured I'd be sleeping on and off all day, which was true.

The staff was wonderful and I literally do not remember anything from the time the nurse told me she was giving me something to relax me before surgery to waking me up back in the same location. I have had surgery before and didn't have a problem. The only issue I had was that I had a bit of difficulty waking up and it turns out because while my doctor was doing the surgery, he discovered I had a hiatal hernia that he decided to repair. Whoopee!!! He said if he hadn't I might have problems with reflux, etc. I had been having a few problems with indigestion and reflux but thought it was because I was old and fat :).

But after actually waking, everything went great!!! I had no problems at all. No nausea, no real pain to speak of. I just feel as though I had done situps for the first time in a while. But I did receive pain medicine just before discharge and took one dose about 5 hours later, around 6:00 p.m. This morning I am still a little stiff and sore, similar to yesterday, but again feel as though I have exercised for the first time in a while. No biggie.

Again, the staff was so nice, caring and nurturing. The surgeon (Stephen Malley, New Hope Bariatrics, Overland Park Kansas), the anesthesiologist and the surgical nurse all came by before and after the surgery to talk with me. The surgeon's nurse called last night to see how I was doing as a courtesy.

I continued my Clear liquids yesterday -broth, juice and a popsicle-and was fine. I have not experienced any hunger yet, had 1/2 cup broth and tea this morning.

They advised me to get stuff for nausea and gas, but so far, no problems with either!

I am so glad I went ahead and did this and again thank all of you who contribute to this forum. I had no idea how much it would help me at crunch time. I will be visiting here often during this journey.

Sorry this was such a long post but I am so happy right now that I feel as good as I do.

Congratulations! Your story also inspired me. I've not had the surgery yet and have been wavering, but it's posts like you wrote that continue to push me back over the fence. I certainly agree that all of the people who post here are really helping others. Thanks guys.

Well, I am banded! :thumbup: I did it...and i am so happy and 100% confident in my decison...

My surgery was about 45 minutes, i was in recovery for aabout 30 minutes and up in my room resting by three o'clock. i slept for about three hours...then got up and visited with my amazing support system. Walked the halls a few times and then watched the most intense episode of grey's anatomy ever! and then got no sleep at all last night...

i'm a little sore today...and a little tired...but feeling so good about my decision...

i cannot believe it is the day after my surgery! :smile: