Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've no idea if this is band related or not, but I've developed a rash post op that I can't explain. Mostly on the underside of my arms and down the sides of my abdomen. It doesn't itch (yet) but sure looks like it ought to. Anyone else experienced this? I'm calling the Doc tomorrow, but was just curious.

I got a rash after my surgery, but it itched like crazy and it turns out I was allergic to the tape that they put on my incisions.

Maybe you are allergic to the pain meds, or it could be something in a Protein Shake. Have you changed your soap, washing powder or anything like that recently? Sometimes it's not possible to pinpoint the cause. I have had some scary looking rashes before and my Dr did not manage to identify what was causing it.(Preband so I know it wasn't band related)

I stopped the pain meds the day after surgery so I'm doubtful it's that. Who knows... It probably isnt band related at all, but just coincidental that it showed up right after surgery. Hopefully it goes away soon. Like I said, so far, it really doesn't itch.

I got a huge rash around one of my incisions on my left side and it itched like crazy and it took about a month to go away

What did the doc say? I have a rash around my port incision... some sort of allergic reaction but its just on the skin... itches like mad. I am using hydrocortisone cream and xyzal pills for relief.

I had a rash on my right side on my rib area. It was weird. It is red and blotchy but doesn't itch and like you said it looks like it should. I am wondering if they had but an electrode for the heart monitor on there and I just happened to have an issue with that one? I don't know what caused it or what it is. I am watching it and it seems to be fading each day.

My incisions are covered by liquid skin I think with the port incision covered by a clear sheet of tape. Very plyable. They are starting to itch under there. I guess I am glad they are covered by something or I would be digging at them. I hate to itch.

The Doc's nurse didn't have any definate ideas as to what the rash might be other than perhaps a reaction to the surgical soap. They told me to start taking benedryl every 4 hours and coat the rash with witch hazel and benedryl cream. It's not quite as bad today. Lets see what tomorrow's adventure is!

i developed a red blotchy rash over my entire stomach and around all my incisions. I found out I was allergic to the iodine they used on my stomach during surgery. And it itched something terrible. Took about 2 weeks to go away.