Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I was banded on May 4th and had the usual chest/left arm pain which went away by Sunday.

I've been eating cream of wheat, pudding, Jello, cream Soups per my DR but last night I was dumb.

My husband scrambled some eggs and I have been getting hungry quickly so I thought to myself that eggs chewed until they were really nothing would be ok!

I had 1 scrambled egg and chewed and chewed and chewed some more. I felt fine for about 2 hours. Then I felt a lump of bricks in my stomach. It was very uncomfortable. I never threw up but I noticed that I had a new sensation in the middle of my breastbone that reminded me of the chest pain from the gas which was gone on Sunday. It feels tight in my breastbone area. (for you girls, right below the clevage area) Sorry fellas, had to tell you where it is.

Any ideas if I really messed myself up? I sipped some hot tea thinking something got stuck but the pain is still there today. Its not bad, just an annoying "dont know what this is pain".

I have been RELIGIOUS today on going back to what the Dr told me to eat and will NEVER stray from the path again if this is what getting stuck feels like. I just wanted to know if this was normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks for any advice. You guys have been very supportive!

OH! New things, when I burp, it feels better. I'm gonna be embarasses if its just gas or bloating. :biggrin:

Not too sure if Im experienced to awnser, but the whole point of the strict post op diet is to let your insides heal. Both the insides and outside have to heal before your body can handle things. My Dr. Told me this because it is easier to digest things on the diet and slowly implement foods. I think with the swelling and bloating inside post op, that it strains the internals to digest normally.

Stick to the diet plan and let yourself heal.

I also was banded on May 4th my diet plan allows me to have scrambled eggs this week and they have been a blessing to me more protien and tastes great after so much sweet. At times I have felt a bit of shest heaviness and it feels like things are slowly sliding down, that could be the discomfort. I am following my week 2 blended food and look forward to upgrading to soft next week- YAY.

Call your Physician office if it continues.

I think I know what you are talk about. It feels like something is stuck. I ate shrimp one day it made me sick, a lil of the shrimp came up and from that night to the next morning I felt as if something was stuck. So I was like I'm not taking a chance I called my doctor went into the office to do a xray nothing was stuck. He said that some foods irritate the pouch. Its best to stay away from those certain foods, but it is also a learning process to see what our body can handle. I do agree with the other guys that the post op diet is hard but you need to stick to it to let your body heal. I say if the pain/feeling is not gone by in the morning to give your doctor a call and see what he says you need to do. Good luck with everything and keep me posted.

~JON~

I don't think you "did" anything other than advance too quickly.

I'm four months out, and still can't tolerate scrambled eggs--even though I can tolerate just about any other Protein.

They're just one of "those" foods---and from what I gather, they give lots and lots of people trouble.

Hi everyone! Thanks for the responses. I actually am feeling GREAT now. I guess I was rushing it and when I called my Dr office and told her my concerns the nurse was going WHAT DID YOU EAT??? Soooo, I was a bad patient. I made sure to eat exactly what I was supposed to eat yesterday with NO DEVIATION and I am feeling MUCH better. so, a lesson learned... the Dr. knows what he is doing for a reason and I should just LISTEN better. LOL

Thanks for the advice and support!

I'm having the same issue. I was banded 5/11 and was told that if I felt up to it I could try some soft "real" food, and I did. eggs (1) were fine, and even chicken salad (1/2 cup), but a bit of shredded chicken last night has left me with the feeling of a softball right below my breast bone. Walking seems to help. Nothing but liquids today. Hope it passes pretty quick.