Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Weight Did you Lose after 2 wks post-op?

Hi - I'm just curious as to how much weight everyone lost after two weeks post-op?

I'm concerned that I haven't lost an adequate amount (12 lbs). My first post-op appt is this afternoon and I'm afraid the dr will be disappointed.

Thanks all :smile:

-jenwan

I think you are doing great! 12 pounds in 2 weeks where your diet at times depended on high sodium chicken broth etc. Remember this is a lifestyle change and not a race. You are doing great!

My surgeon wants me to lose 50% of my EBW in the first year. So my goal (according to the surgeon) is to lose 40 pounds before January 2011. I've lost 26 and it's only April! I think I can lose 14 pounds before January!

I have something important to tell you. I'm 13 weeks post-op today, and have lost an average of exactly two pounds a week. This is fantastic pace, and I'm thrilled. However, it hasn't always felt thrilling up to this point. I have had several stalls. I think I stall every two weeks and the stall lasts for two weeks!

In this beginning period, before true band restriction, we're really lucky if we lose anything at all. I am working my butt off at the gym and running on the road. I am trying my hardest to make good food choices every step of the way. Until this morning, I hadn't lost anything since March 26th.

So, go easy on yourself -- I KNOW you want to lose, I KNOW! But before you get several fills, it won't much be the band at all that's doing the work. It's all you, baby! You can do this!

And I really do like to look at the percentage of my EBW. I started at 197, my doctor wants me at 122 but I have this 117 down as a preliminary goal just so I can look at my EBW as a round 80. I've lost 32.5% of my EBW (and 34.6% of my surgeon's listing of my EBW) and I'm only three months out from surgery! WOW. When you look at it like that, it's astounding.

I go for my third fill tomorrow, and I CANNOT WAIT! Plateaus on the scale are no fun. I'm going on record with that!

I realized that I've neglected to answer your actual question!

I only record my weight (in whole numbers) when I've had a loss. So:

1.5 weeks post-op: I had lost 16 pounds

3 weeks post-op: I had lost 17 pounds

I'm really trying hard to not focus so much on the scale. It's very difficult. Because I will look and see that between 1.5 weeks post-op and now, 13 weeks post-op, I've lost 10 pounds and I get disheartened. I just have to remember this is a time for new beginnings, new learning, new health. I try to focus on that (and still track my pacing, too!) without getting frustrated. It's a challenge, but I've still lost 26 pounds and that makes me HAPPY! :smile:

Today is week 3 P/O and I'm down 11 pounds. Dr. seemed to be happy with that, even if I'm not.

I remember I lost 3.5 pounds the first week after surgery, I was very dissapointed. I don't remember the second week, but don't think it was anything huge. 3-4 weeks after surgery I lost 8 pounds in one week. I think it took that long for my body to stop holding Water. Someone told me they put saline in the iv at the hospital, not sure if that is true. You are doing great!

As long as you are losing weight, you are succeeding... Even if you're losing 1-2lbs a week you're losing and that's what's important. Think about what 2 lbs a week will mean after one year. Thats 104lbs...So I wouldn't get too hung up on what other people are losing.

I've lost pretty big, but the doc says its because I have a lot of muscle mass under all my fat that makes me burn the calories much quicker than some...To answer your question, at the end of two weeks, I was down 32lbs... I am now 6 weeks post op and I'm down 60lbs.

I lost absolutely nothing the first three weeks after surgery. I am currently on my fourth week now and I have dropped around 13-lbs in just the last week....and still dropping as of today. I am not sure if my body was in a bit of shock due to the surgery or if it was just time for me to release the weight. Needless to say I was really freaking out that I went through the surgery and was losing absolutely NOTHING afterward! You would think with limited calories and a heck of a lot of exercise you would lose something, right?

This is plateau/dumping was common for me pre-surgery too. I would diet and exercise and not lose anything for a couple of weeks and then lose a good chunk in no time at all. I am o.k. with that trend if it continues!

You are doing well and I hope that you have continued success!

I didn't lose ANYTHING the first two weeks post-op. I went in at 279 pre-op. Day of surgery, I was 265. Day at post-op - 265. I was devastated. But, since then, it's like all of the sudden, my body is starting to let go of some of the weight. Since my 2 week post-op (and I just had my 1st fill and 4 week appt on Monday), I've dropped about another 9 lbs. So, it will happen. Don't worry. Just keep doing what you're doing. Or, as Dori says..."Just keep swimming". LOL!

2 weeks ost op I lost about 10 lbs. Then came the muschie stage, put on 2 lbs in just 4 days but have taken it off now. hoping that it will start going again. I seems like when I get to drop below that next level I stall. I was 281 at my highest in Dec and now 242.

The biggest fun is putting clothes on and saying oh well this is the last time I can wear this because it is just hanging on me. I cannot wait until getting to the actually food stage, but scared at the same time.

I'm 1 week P/O and have lost 14.5 lbs since surgery. Had lost 8 lbs pre-surgery.

I'm sure my loss will lessen as I begin eating more foods. Today begins cream Soups and Protein shakes.