Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Surgery date may 5th any advice?

Hey Margaret,

Weill it's been 1 week post surgery, and I'm feeling pretty good other than being a little (lot) tired. How are you doing. When are you scheduled for yuor first fill or have you already had it? Mine is scheduled for June 9 and I must admit I'm already a little apprehensive from most of the posts I've read. It sounds like a very "inexact" science. I have to fly to Vancouver to have the fill and return same afternoon, so don't really have the luxury of going back in a few days or week to have it adjusted if there are any problems.. Let me know how you're doing.

Katie

hey Katie!

I am so glad everything went well for you! I am a little apprehensive as well re: the fill. My first fill is scheduled May 18th--I am feeling a little more hungrier than usual the last few days so hopefully it will help me. I am scared b/c I have read "horror" stories about other people's bands being too tight. Sometimes I think we read too much info!!

That being said, everything else is going well. I feel a lot better, and my clothes are definitely looser which makes me happy! What does your diet consist of these days? Is food going down okay for you?

You have a quite a challenge having to travel to Vancouver!! How far is that for you? Just out of curiousity, did you get a "package deal" with your sugery to include your airflights or do you pay out of pocket every time? As I am sure you are aware, our health care is completely different than yours so I find it interesting learning about other situations.

I still get tired at the end of the day--although working full time as a nurse and being 48 years old is tiring in itself!

Write when you can! Again, glad everything went well for you! :smile2:

Hi Girls,

Love to join in here. I'm scheduled to get my LAP-BAND® on May 10th. I'm nervous and excited also. It's been an 8 month process (this time around). I'm 51 years old from Ohio. Around 280 pounds and looking forward to onderland!

Cathy

Hi Cathy!

Just checking in to see how you are doing! I hope your surgery went well--I meant to wish you well on "the big day" but I missed it by 2 days--sorry about that!

Anyway, I am thinking about you--please let me know how you are doing when you are up to it!!!!:smile2:

Well things are going pretty good, and not overly hungry yet, but I'm sure that will come. Travel to Vancouver visa plane is a 1.25 hour flight. No I pay for all of the flights. So it should be really interesting. I agree that "we read too much". Let me know how your fill goes. It really puzzles me how they decide how much to put in. I was also told that you can experience band "tightening" from flights, and I will be filled within hours of landing, I don't really know what to expect. I started the "mushie" phase today so am having split pea Soup for dinner, and had blended cottage cheese w/applesauce for lunch. What are you eating? Are or were you a little apprehensive about transitioning to "soft" food? It is so different to go from all out eating to not even thinking about it. My clothes are definitely feeling looser this week.

Katie

Hi girls,

Thought I'd check in! I had my band surgery Monday and I'm doing great. Just a little belly pain, no gas and I'm tolerating liquids very well. This surgery was much more easier than my gall bladder surgery. Hope everyone else is doing good. Cathy

Hey Cathy,

Glad you're doing well. I found that even a few days made a difference in the pain level. I agree, much easier than I anticipated. I went back to work on Monday, just a little tired. Take care.

Katie

Well things are going pretty good, and not overly hungry yet, but I'm sure that will come. Travel to Vancouver visa plane is a 1.25 hour flight. No I pay for all of the flights. So it should be really interesting. I agree that "we read too much". Let me know how your fill goes. It really puzzles me how they decide how much to put in. I was also told that you can experience band "tightening" from flights, and I will be filled within hours of landing, I don't really know what to expect. I started the "mushie" phase today so am having split pea Soup for dinner, and had blended cottage cheese w/applesauce for lunch. What are you eating? Are or were you a little apprehensive about transitioning to "soft" food? It is so different to go from all out eating to not even thinking about it. My clothes are definitely feeling looser this week.

Katie

Hi Katie,

Glad your clothes are feeling loose!! It's a great feeling, isn't it? I got my fill 3 days ago;it didn't hurt at all and I was in and out of there in 10 minutes. I definitely feel a difference as I am not as hungry between meals. And, unfortunately, last night I ate my first few bites of fool too quickly and up it came :). Boy, did that hurt! That will teach me not too eat too quickly! I am actually able to eat all foods without difficulty. How about you? Are you to solids yet? When is your first fill? My Doctor said the "fills" are guesswork--everybody is different; they start out with a small amount (mine was 1.2 cc) and can always put in more.

Hope you are doing well---keep up the great work!!

Hi Cathy,

So glad your surgery went well! How are you feeling now? I found the first few weeks were mentally hard for me; my mind wanted certain foods (like when I saw an ad on TV for Taco Bell) but my stomach was telling me something different. For me, that was difficult but now, I am handling a lot better. Are you having any problems like that are am I just crazy?

Take care!