Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Surgery date may 5th any advice?

Hi, I'm getting banded on may 5th in Indianapolis Indiana. I'm really excited.. this has been such a long process for me, about three years i have been trying to get this done. But finally the big day is almost here. and YES i'm scared too! Any advice will be appreciated.

Bry

Hello Zionsongbird - I am also being banded May 5 @ 8:00am.

I am 48 years old and am looking for a Bandster Buddy.

I'm on Day 6 of the Pre-Op and it's not going too bad. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi--I was just banded on April 21st--still in recovery stage. The pain hasn't been too bad--my doctor keeps me on a clear liquid diet (with the exception of at least 3 Protein shakes a day) for a week.....this Tuesday I get to eat soft foods--can't wait for a scrambled egg! :eek:

All in all, everything went really well. My main discomfort now is left shoulder pain (which is normal from the surgery)--Gas-X has helped somewhat.

I am 48 years old and live in FL--would love to keep in touch with anyone being banded around the same time. I think we can all help each other through this!!

Good luck!!

Hi Sunnsuds,

I would love to keep in touch. Going to be banded May 5th.

Not really nervous about the surgery itself, but everything to

come afterwards. I'm having surgery out of town and plan

on flying back the day after. How did you feel day after surgery.

Thought I would take Gravol for the flight, hope I can keep it down.

You're in sunny Tampa, we were in Florida 2 weeks ago in the St. Pete area. Lovely.

Hi Girls,

Love to join in here. I'm scheduled to get my lap band on May 10th. I'm nervous and excited also. It's been an 8 month process (this time around). I'm 51 years old from Ohio. Around 280 pounds and looking forward to onderland!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Glad to have you join. I agree, I'm nervous and excited as well. Surgery is on Wednesday and will be glad the waitings over. How are you doing on your Pre-Op?

Yeah - "onederland" sounds great!!

k.

Hi Katiepie!

Pre-op is going ok. I'm on 3 low fat meals a day or can substitue 2 Protein shakes a day. This morning I had cream of wheat w/ vanilla Protein powder. Not bad. My pre-op is for 2 weeks........how is yours going?

I'm on Day 12 of Pre-Op, 2 shakes, I Protein bar and 2 cups

of steamed veggies. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. Or maybe it's just that I'm sooooo ready for this.

Love your idea of Cream of Wheat w/protein powder.< /p>

Think I'll included that in my 2nd week Post-Op.

Katie

Hi girls!

Sorry I haven't written lately--I started back to work last Wednesday. I am tired but doing okay. Since I have been banded 4/21, I have lost 19 lbs. which I am really proud of!:o I started on soft foods Tuesday--1 cup each meal plus 1 snack if I would like. It has been a challenge to me to get in 64 oz. of liquid in between meals as I am not supposed to drink during or 30 minutes after meals. Overall, I am getting at least 60 gms of Protein in a day. It really takes a lot of planning, to say the least--hopefully it will get easier as time goes on!

My big challenge last night was that I went out to dinner last night --I really was "craving" a burger of some sort and of course, if you are familiar with "Fridays" you may know they have delicious burgers. I ended up eating most of a child's cheeseburger and steamed broccoli (okay, I snuck 1 french fry)! I felt a little uncomfortable so maybe I ate too much?? Anyway, I hope it wasn't too bad of a choice.

I am sure you both are SO excited to get banded---I am here rooting for you! :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Cathyburt!

I saw that you are from Ohio--I grew up in Columbus and go back every year to see my mom and brother--where do you live?

Congrats on your upcoming banding!

Hi Margaret,

Wow, you're doing great with a 19lb loss from April 21:thumbup: - way to go girl. I agree that I think getting in 60grams of Protein is going to take a lot of planning. And don't sweat the burger, life doesn't come to an end - only altered with the band.

Thanks for the support - Wednesday can't come soon enough!!

Katie

Hi Cathyburt!

I saw that you are from Ohio--I grew up in Columbus and go back every year to see my mom and brother--where do you live?

Congrats on your upcoming banding!

Margaret,

Congrats on your weight loss. 19 pounds is awsome.

I'm about 2 hours south of Columbus near Ironton. Looking forward to my band!

Cathy

Hi Sunnsuds,

I would love to keep in touch. Going to be banded May 5th.

Not really nervous about the surgery itself, but everything to

come afterwards. I'm having surgery out of town and plan

on flying back the day after. How did you feel day after surgery.

Thought I would take Gravol for the flight, hope I can keep it down.

You're in sunny Tampa, we were in Florida 2 weeks ago in the St. Pete area. Lovely.

Hi Katie2010!!

Thinking of the "new YOU" today!! Many congratuations to you. Hope all goes well--let me know how you are doing!!

:thumbup:

Margaret,

Congrats on your weight loss. 19 pounds is awsome.

I'm about 2 hours south of Columbus near Ironton. Looking forward to my band!

Cathy

Thank you so much! You are getting close to your big day! I'll be thinking of you!

Hey Margaret,

Weill it's been 1 week post surgery, and I'm feeling pretty good other than being a little (lot) tired. How are you doing. When are you scheduled for yuor first fill or have you already had it? Mine is scheduled for June 9 and I must admit I'm already a little apprehensive from most of the posts I've read. It sounds like a very "inexact" science. I have to fly to Vancouver to have the fill and return same afternoon, so don't really have the luxury of going back in a few days or week to have it adjusted if there are any problems.. Let me know how you're doing.

Katie