Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving Dilema

Okay, schedule an unfill! This is important, because you can cause more harm by being too tight than not tight enough. Being too tight is not working the band, it is abusing the band.

Take care, get that unfill, and enjoy some food!

I agree with Melissa agreeing with Vines. Unfill...small one! It'll catch up with you and this is not good bandster living. Enjoy Thanksgiving!!

I'm still on mushies, so I plan to have a bite of mashed potatoes, bite of cranberry sauce (out of the can!) and maybe a bite of gravy! lol!

It's going to be hard, but in the end, well worth it!

~Pamela.

I was allowed tuna or chiken salad on mushies, can you make a turkey salad? That and the middle of a pumpkin pie, Yumm! ~Mandy

I had turkey last night. small bites, mash spuds gravy to help it go down. I like sweet potatoes or Butternut squash better then spuds. Cranberries, green Beans. No stuffing it is bread.< /p>

I used a sandwich plate and put a small portion of everything on it. Ate very slow and stopped when i was done. It was GREAT. If you can eat it then enjoy. I also had a small bite of pie. I was STUFFED!

Vicky

I am wondering why you still have to blend everything at being 7 months post op??? You should be able to eat all of those foods on a little plate, small servings, smaller bites, chewing completely. Why have it all blended and mixed up?

Here is how I am handling Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving to me is about family, not food. I am taking my family to Lake Tahoe for four days of gambling, snowboarding, swimming (Caesar's has a beautiful pool), and relaxation. Not one person cares about the fact that we are not having a big feast. The important thing is that we are all hanging out together and having fun!!

Maybe it will even be a new tradition for us, instead of sitting around all day stuffing our faces :-)

Bensmum...you and your family are in for the time of your life up at LAKE TAHOE. I absolutely love it up there. I am from Reno and the Lake is only 45 min away for me. i find it to be a place where I actually feel closer to God. (no , I don't think it's just the elevation!!) LOL :laugh It is breathtakingly beautiful and I pray that you too will find it this way. My only word of caution AVOID THE BUFFETS!!

Wishing you and your family and my new family members here on Lap Band Talk the Happiest and Safest of THANKSGIVINGS!!!!! May God continue to bless you along your journey.:Bunny

I am not a big dressing eater but my neighbor made some and I tried it and it went down really well, it was nice and moist not dry at all it was really delicious.

Well...it didn't go so well yesterday. I PB'd 6 times. and didn't make a dent on my tiny plate. I hope my co-worker is coming back soon so I can get an unfill of maybe .2cc of the .4 they put in.

Ok, just not having a good weekend of it at all..may I vent for a minute? I came up here to work to get caught up on the mail (I am an office manager for a dermatologist) My computer system is down. This is the first time it has gone down in 4 years. Monday will be hell if I can't reach someone to fix it. I have left messages all over the place and hope someone will call me back. I haven't seen my boyfriend since last Saturday. He has been sick and spent Thanksgiving not with me but with his family. Ok, I will give him Thanksgiving, it was his new daughter-in-laws first time cooking for her new family. But I haven't heard from him today, the day after Thanksgiving. We usually talk on the phone 10 or more times a day. I am really missing him. Ok, I could go on venting, but I will stop there.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!!

I had a little turkey, a little mashed potatoes and gravy, a little dressing, a little sweet potato, a little salad, and 1/4 of a roll. Then, a sliver of pumpkin pie. No PB's. I eat slow and chew well. I enjoyed it immensely, and my niece (also banded) ate about the same thing...we commented on how it looked like we ate so much, but imagine what we would eat before?!!!!

Tonight, I went to a restaurant that specializes in unlimited Brazilian-style meat. I talked to the manager, who agreed to charge me child's plate price, and I had some salad, a slice of salmon, and a lamb chop. No PB.

I could probably use a tiny additional fill, but I am losing okay and really don't want to blend my food....I"m taking it slow.

Hope everyone had a great day with family and friends.

Cindy

Tammy Tammy Tammy, gosh girl, you have every right to vent. So sorry your dinner and weekend aren't going well. PB 6 times !!!!!!!!!!! you do need an unfill, lordy. Hope by monday things are back in order. Call your BF and give him heck!!! MEN!!!! Hugs !!!

Cindy I also ate a little of everything. Just last night I threw the cheesecake and pumpkin pie in the garbage b/c I was walking thru the kitchen sneaking a bite every time I passed the counter. NOT a good thing to do. When I had the turkey I made sure each bite was w/cranberry sauce or gravy. I took my food scissors and cut tiny tiny tiny pieces b/c I was scared LOL !!! it worked :)

Tammy, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time since this last fill...I was having a hard time since my last fill also...My Dr. recommends post op diet for a couple of days after the fill, i did that but after 3 days I was still having trouble....of course I began to think the worst....:) Any way I went to liquids for 10 days, then to mushies, you know the drill....now i am back to solids, just very small portions and VERY SMALL bites!!

As far as Thanksgiving...I was alone since the kids were at dad's house and I was sick and backed out of goig to a friends house, so I actually had a bowl of chili. Was yummy..I am making Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday when the kids get home because their dad did not and my little one (he is 10) cried when he heard that they were having Tamaleess for thanksgiving...So I'll be able to tell you all how it went Sunday Night....

I hope everyone got to get your Christmas shopping started Friday.....yeah for credit cards right???lol

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

My Thanksgiving dinner went well. I had mashed potatoes and grayey, ham, yams, dressing, 1/2 dinner roll. All was the same portion I gave my 18 month old. ( about 2-3 bites of each. Had one bite of husbands sheescake and one bite of pumkin pie. And I have actually lost 3 lbs since then. So Christmas dinner look out here I come...lol

I was able to pig out.. have more later.. eat many pie and it wasnt the middle of the night time!! (i cant usually eat much till late night)

cuz my band swelled, my fill isnt nearly where it needs to be!! (had to have some of my fill taken out)

I weighed today and i am still the same BUT i bet it catches up to me soon

NOW.. i think i have figured something out.... if your ACTIVE, your band is less tight..

If you lay around all day... its tighter!

thats the only explanation on why i was able to eat thankgiving dinner at 3pm (all i wanted) and i couldnt do anything close before or after!!!

i am glad i got to enjoy thankgiving meal, even if it WAS A total accident.. lol