Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Lutz Land O Lakes Area for support?????

Hi!

I am newly banded, I am trying the chat rooms, but its just not me:cool2:, so I was wondering if there is anyone in the Lutz and Land O Lakes area for support!!:thumbup:

Thanks

Sandee

Began 2/23/10

Consult 3/22/10

Surgery 4/7/10

Hi Sandee!

I live in the New Tampa area and am actually getting banded tomorrow morning!! I am super nervous but also very excited. Sounds like you have done a great job with weight loss already....

Wish me luck and hope we talk again soon!

Margaret

Hi everyone!! I'm from Northwest Tampa and I went to my first seminar in Trinity. Dr. Jessee was very nice. What type of band did you all get? I was going to do the lapband but I think I'm going to do the Realized band.

Hey Sandee, how did your surgery go? Who was your doctor? Any advice you can give me? Nancy

Hi everyone!! I'm from Northwest Tampa and I went to my first seminar in Trinity. Dr. Jessee was very nice. What type of band did you all get? I was going to do the LAP-BAND® but I think I'm going to do the Realized band.

Hi!

Are you scheduled yet to get your band? I had mine done at University Community Hospital in Tampa with Dr. Dietrick. I went through surgery without any problems, thank goodness.

I have a Realize band (standard size) and have had one "fill" so far. Where are you in relationship to the program?

Glad that you wrote--keep in touch!

Hi Margaret, Good to hear from you. I went to the seminar last Monday the 17th. I have no idea how long it takes to get the first doctors appointment. I'm going through Medicare. What made you decide to get the Realized band instead of the regular lap band? How did the pre surgery diet go for you?

TTYL Nancy

PS: If I looked at peoples profiles I wouldn't be asking dumb questions. LOL

Edited by Nancyk17

Hi Margaret, Good to hear from you. I went to the seminar last Monday the 17th. I have no idea how long it takes to get the first doctors appointment. I'm going through Medicare. What made you decide to get the Realized band instead of the regular LAP-BAND®? How did the pre surgery diet go for you?

TTYL Nancy

PS: If I looked at peoples profiles I wouldn't be asking dumb questions. LOL

Hi Nancy,

I really did not "decide" to have the Realize band over any other band. I did research different bands and I found out they all pretty much work in the same fashion. My doctor just happens to be a fan on the Realize band so that is what I got! Not too scientific, I know!

Regarding the pre-surgery diet: after the first week, it did become difficult for me. I was definitely hungry but stuck to it. Luckily, I only had to follow it for 3 weeks (a lot shorter than what other people have posted).

My insurance plan is Cigna--they actually approved my surgery within 5 weeks after submitting all of the necessary paperwork. I went to my first seminar the end of January and could have had my surgery at the end of March but I opted for April 21st as I had a trip already planned to go to Charleston SC to see my daughter.

Are you now awaiting approval? Being a nurse, I know how Medicare works in regards to approval for tests, etc. but I have no experience on how long it takes for lapband approval.

And, by the way, you are not asking stupid questions!!! This lap band adventure is a whole new thing for all of us! It is not easy trying to figure it all out (at least it is not for me)!

Take care,

Margaret

I live in Tampa and I am being banded on 6/9 at UCH also by Dr. Dietrick, it is good to see some local bandsters. I am on day 6 of my pre-op although it is not easy it is not as bad as I thought, I keep trying to focus on the fact that it won't last forever.

Hi Guys, I live in the Carrolwood/Northdale area. I was banded the day after Thanksgiving. I'm happy to say all has gone very well. I was able to give away all my old clothes last week and bought all new stuff and none of it was a big man size(hurrah). I had wanted Dr Dietrich to band me but insurance didnt cooperate. I ended up in Tijuana and Dr Gonzalez did my surgery. All went well!! I would love to join a support group in North Tampa. Any one have any ideas?

Mark

Hi Guys, I live in the Carrolwood/Northdale area. I was banded the day after Thanksgiving. I'm happy to say all has gone very well. I was able to give away all my old clothes last week and bought all new stuff and none of it was a big man size(hurrah). I had wanted Dr Dietrich to band me but insurance didnt cooperate. I ended up in Tijuana and Dr Gonzalez did my surgery. All went well!! I would love to join a support group in North Tampa. Any one have any ideas?

Mark

Hi Mark!

Sounds like you have been so successful since Thanksgiving! That's an awesome weight loss! I live in the New Tampa area and was banded by Dr Dietrick on 4/21/10. I have lost 35 lbs since then but it is slowing done a little now which kind of freaks me out. Dr. Dietrick has a support group (anyone can come) the third Thursday of every month (next one is 6/17) at 6:00 PM at the LifeHope Medical Offices, 3000 Medical Park Drive. Call 813-615-7077 with any questions/directions. I haven't been to one yet but hope to make it Thursday.

Keep in touch!

Margaret

Oops! I meant July 15th!!!