Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are people banded in Nov. 2009 doing?

I am curious to hear from people banded around the same time as me. I was banded 11/16/09. It took 3 fills for me to reach restriction. I have found restriction is a fickel thing- some days much hungrier than others. I have lost 63.5 pounds as of yesterday morning. I am very pleased with my rate of weight loss. I workout 5-6 times a week for cardio and 3 days a week weight training with a trainer. Love to hear from you! Thanks!

I was banded Nov. 20, 2009. I have lost 25 pounds and just had my 2nd fill on thursday. I have 5.2cc's in my band. I think I finally have restriction if it only stays that way. Great job on your weight loss. I walk 30 minutes everyday and just stepped it up, I don't really do weights though.

Hi,

I am doing well. I was banded 11/12/09. I am 1 lb shy of 40 lbs. though not fast, I have been very confortable with loss. i have lost more than 8 inches off my waist. I still have about 30-35 lbs to be at goal. But, feel so much better. Congrats to you all.

Brigette

I had my lapband on Nov. 6, 2009. I too have had 3 fills because I didn't feel full or anything. This last fill though has worked. My weight loss hasn't been very fast or steady! I too workout at least 5 days a week. I walk everyday 1.5 miles. I have just recently started weight training. Pre-op I weighed 246, I now weigh 228. I am a little discouraged because the weight loss has been so slow!

I had my LAP-BAND® on Nov. 6, 2009. I've had 4 fills. This last one I couldn't stop burping so I had them take some out. I still burp when I've eaten too fast, I have to get this eating slow thing down. I've lost 45#'s and need to concentrate on my exercising. I bought a Wii that will help.

I had my LAP-BAND® on Nov. 6, 2009. I too have had 3 fills because I didn't feel full or anything. This last fill though has worked. My weight loss hasn't been very fast or steady! I too workout at least 5 days a week. I walk everyday 1.5 miles. I have just recently started weight training. Pre-op I weighed 246, I now weigh 228. I am a little discouraged because the weight loss has been so slow!

Hi blueeyeddream, we are very similar I started at 246 also and now I'm 221. My weight loss hasn't been fast or steady either but I'm happy not to be gaining. Don't worry I think of it this way I'm down 25 pounds and in another five months it'll be 50 #s. I have heard alot of people hitting their goal in over a year. And my dr's office told me that I'm doing great that some people don't lose anything yet or they gain weight.

I was banded Nov 23rd. So far, I've lost 76 pound, had 3 fills and think I am at the sweet spot. I am traveling this week and have had 3 PD/Slimes while out traveling. Usually eat too fast, or too big a piece.

Work out at least 3.1 miles on the Eliptical, 5 to 6 times a week when home, and when I can on the road.

Lost 10 Inches in Pants size and am only 4 inches away of being able to buy all the hot Levi's at the Levi store. But I am shopping at Target now, and wear XL shirts, not 2 and 3 XL.

Pretty happy!!!

TJ

I was banded on 10/29 and have lost 82 lbs!! I have 5 cc in a 10cc band and I still struggle with restriction. I have hit a plateau recently but just read a thread and remembered I havent been doing well on my Protein lately. I work out at least 5x a week with two-three of those days being weights. Working out helps lots. And if you lift weights you burn so much more fat throughout the day. I have found finding stuff that I like helps....check out the YMCA its great I do zumba which is an hour and awesome. Before surgery I would have never thought I could do an hour long aerobics class. Congrats everyone!!!

Thank you for asking....I was banded in December 09 and I too have had 3 fills and counting today 2 slight unfills. I think I may have been too tight and would urge ppl that I think it's better to be slightly over than under. Over filled I couldn't handle veggies and healthy food or Vitamins for that matter. Got back from vacation last week and have had relux since getting off plane. My LapBand doc is worried I had a slip. We will see after the Fluro test I will get hoperfully this week. Was this all worth less than 40 pounds ....? Being I was gaining before this and I'm not now I would say yes....as long as I didn't slip and I have not esoph damage due to the reflux. Here's praying....If I didn't slip than I will have an entirely new respect for the band and not take it for granted and eat better or make sure I am not over filled. Hope you are doing well!?

Hi! I was banded Nov. 17th and have lost 26#. I wish it were more, but I have been slacking on the exercise lately and am not at my sweet spot yet, so I know it will come. I think I just thought that I would magically drop all this weight after surgery, but it doesn't work that way! Oh well. I am losing more than I would have without it. My husband and I just started the couch to 5k running program, so maybe that will speed things up.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

I was banded on 10/29 and have lost 82 lbs!! I have 5 cc in a 10cc band and I still struggle with restriction. I have hit a plateau recently but just read a thread and remembered I havent been doing well on my Protein lately. I work out at least 5x a week with two-three of those days being weights. Working out helps lots. And if you lift weights you burn so much more fat throughout the day. I have found finding stuff that I like helps....check out the YMCA its great I do zumba which is an hour and awesome. Before surgery I would have never thought I could do an hour long aerobics class. Congrats everyone!!!

Chatty-- WAY TO GO! Just yesterday, I remember you asking if we cuold eat subway post-op and here you are 82 lbs down and doing some SERIOUS exercise! So proud of you girl, congrats!!!!!!! :thumbup: