Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months to Wait GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I started my 6 month "diet" yesterday. I did see the surgeons dietician, but I can go with my PCP, so it will be much cheaper for me that way. Aince I have so long to wait (10 months), I'll just keep seeing my pcp for a weight check until December.

We're all in this together, and I hope the time will fly by like everyone says.

Good luck! I too hope the time flies by....6 months seems like so long, but I have been heavy for many years, so being thin will be worth the wait for sure!

So I found out yesterday that all of my band will be covered 100%. Good news yes but sadly I have to have 6 months of doc reviewed weight loss. I am crossing my fingers and hoping my constant contact with my PCP for over 2 years will be enough. Every visit we went over my diet and work outs. If it does count then I should be banded as soon as next month. The second I found out my husband's insurance might cover things I ran out and got my EKG and sleep study to cut the time down. My doc's notes were delivered on Friday so I should know by the end of this coming week what I have to do. Man I am so bouncy I feel like i am going to jump out of my own skin! :thumbup::):cool2:

I just found out today the same thing, I am hoping that my Drs notes will be enough if not my plan is to go back to them and ask if they can write something up on all the weight programs I have attempted and all the diets they have put me on. Lets pray we both get what we need so we can take this journey soon. Good luck to you. I have everything I need, except for the Psyc eval and a EGD and both of those are scheduled.:)

I found out today that since my issue is not centered on food I might be able to for go the 6 month diet. I have documented proof of a non successful diet and work out plan. With my PCP, Endocrinologist, Nutritionist and Banded surgeon all are going to write up documentation to press for hormone therapy and banding to counter act the years of medication.

I too had to go through a 6 month process, but I think it was all worth it. I was losing weight and the normal pace, wich meant the nutrionist advice was working and he appreciated that I was making a commitment. With all that said and done, I got my approval letter yesterday in the mail. So its official. 6 months to prepare for a life change is plenty if you ask me. That also gave me plenty of time to do research to understand what I was about to do. I think Ive done enough reading for a while!