Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is "the other board"?

I see people refer to "the other board". In searching for message boards, this was the only place I could find. Not that it isn't great - don't get me wrong, but could someone post or PM or email me with the URL to the other board people refer to? IME different boards usually carry different perspectives and I'd like to get as much information as possible.

I don't see any retail here or anything, so I'm assuming there is no issue with asking for other support places...

There are several boards. One of the more popular boards for all sorts of weight loss surgery is Obesityhelp.com.

OH (Obesity Help) is the one I hear the most about. But Yahoo has about a zillion groups for bandsters...one for every state, I think, Smart Bandsters, Extraordinary Bandsters, Mx Bandsters, Dr Kuri Bandsers, on and on and on. I have a hard time negotiating Yahoo boards though. I went to OH the other night to get their BMI chart and saw the sign in for their message board...I'm tempted to visit and will, someday, but LBT keeps me plenty busy! LOL

There is a "Links" thread on here...maybe some of those links have message boards? LBT is a little different because the message board is all it is. The OH board is part of a very extensive webpage about all things Obesity-related, including WLS. Let us know what you think about that "other board" :)

i think we are going to that board also. it seems if you are not part of this clique here you get your threads locked at the slightest bit of dissagreement. almost like a board nazi says no post for you since you are new here and deletes your posts, which im positive this will happen to this one. so much for the 1st ammendment. its not like we are in russia. oh well sorry we couldnt fit into your clique.

wow - i've been a member here as long as you have johnnyreno and I haven't had one bit of problem - never had a deleted or edited post - I assume as long as you are being fair and respectful why would the moderators delete posts?

i think we are going to that board also. it seems if you are not part of this clique here you get your threads locked at the slightest bit of dissagreement. almost like a board nazi says no post for you since you are new here and deletes your posts, which im positive this will happen to this one. so much for the 1st ammendment. its not like we are in russia. oh well sorry we couldnt fit into your clique.

Okay, you are now quoted in my post so in order to be deleted, my post has to be deleted, too. Feel better? Unless I'm not in the clique either?! OMGosh!!! What IF?!!!!

sorry johnnyreno. I'm really sorry you feel the way you do but I have been on this board a good while now and I think you'd feel like you fit in better if you'd read and learn and interact and give and receive band support.

You first came on here when Sheri lost her band on day 4 post-op. Many many many people very politely asked for your doc's name and you never posted it. You told your story, got some help and didn't post again for a good while. Then you came back spamming messages with copies of e-mails from Andre and were asked to refrain. Then you posted an inflammatory thread "dissing" a well-respected long-standing member of this board; clearly a violation of the Rules of Posting on LBT.

So, more of the same, I guess? It's not a matter of fitting in to some clique here. It's a matter of coming here with a vendetta against a doc, a patient rep, and a clinic...not to share important information such as your very sad story of a bad experience in Mexico. I'm truly sorry about what happened to you. If you wanted help, I'd offer. But you seem to want to simply bash Andre. I don't blame you, I would, too, but I sure as heck wouldn't handle it the way I have seen you two handle this these past days.

There, I said it. Peace and Love to both of you.

johnnyreno, I just read through (quick scan) all of your old posts and you have, indeed, had moments of giving and recieving support. I'm so glad to know that, and I apologize for sending the message that the Andre situation is ALL you have been coming to LBT for. That is not the case and your participation unrelated to your surgery problems has been exemplary, IMHO. Thank you!

Sorry for the hijack, Wheetsin.

I have only recently joined. From a newbie view point I can say that everyone and I assume that includes members of what are referred to as a “clique” have been nothing but welcoming, supportive, motivating and helpful to me. This place has always made me feel safe and comfortable to ask questions, share experiences (good and bad) without judgment – how many places can you say does that?

I’m sorry that you feel your experience here has not been as good. Maybe another site is better for you where you can find the support you need and you feel as welcomed as I have here. However, I think as many have said to you – they are willing to continue to support you and only request that you respect everyone here and the importance of the site for everyone. I think that is only fair.

why would the moderators delete posts?

For the record, moderators don't delete posts unless it causes some type of legal problem for the board and it's owner. I remember seeing one post temporarily deleted until permission was granted to re-post the personal information mentioned there. I thought that was very responsible Moderating.

We can Edit and Delete our own posts though. And if my post is on a thread you started, you can delete the whole thread and, therefore, my post. Just so you know. And in case you didn't realize it.

I think the Moderators do a great job of leaving the free speech exchange of info flowing, but they will, on occasion, lock a thread if the discussion has played itself out and it's nothing but negative Rule-breaking. They take that very seriously and don't do it without consulting another Moderator, etc. so it doesn't happen very often. Mostly because we are such a great bunch!

Sorry again, Wheetsin (...sheepish grin...)

My husband and I run 2 boards so I completely understanding having to lock & delete. I know of some weight loss places that prohibit "soliciting" (aka anything that mentions) other boards, but those usually have some money-making incentive such as a retail store or a membership fee.

I hoped it would be ok to ask my question here, and from my experiences on this site so far I have no reason to think I'm doing anything contrary. Support is support, regardless of where it comes from right?

thanks for the encouraging words, even though im not as active on here as id like to be I really do see everyone here as brothers and sisters due to our common goal and also having a band. i may have expected a little bit more than i should have, i just feel like we really got burned. and in my family we all stick together really tight especially when one of us has been taken total advantage of. i was merely trying to save some poor soul the anguish and suffering that was unjustly due to us. that is the only reason i showed the digusting first contact letters after nearly 7 months. i wasnt griping. i was merely appauled, to finally see the true colors of somebody who we entrusted with our lives! and thought my people should see the letters. p.s we hardly dwell in a trailer. and the gifts we brought and distributed were from our family coin and jewelry store of over 28 years, so dont put to much stock in his ramblings. if you would like you can see some of the items we sell on ebay our seller name is ( srcnv ) just another bit of proof of the insults and where they came from and how unwarranted they were we are not the people he was trying to portray us as. but one thing is 4 sure he has not heard the last from this old country boy.

, i just feel like we really got burned. and in my family we all stick together really tight especially when one of us has been taken total advantage of. i was merely trying to save some poor soul the anguish and suffering that was unjustly due to us. that is the only reason i showed the digusting first contact letters after nearly 7 months. i wasnt griping. i was merely appauled, to finally see the true colors of somebody who we entrusted with our lives! and thought my people should see the letters.

Good enough. You have every reason to gripe, it sounds like, but to him, not us!!! We are here for ya. We really are.