Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone purchase Muscle Milk Light @ Costco?

Hello,

I am currently preparing for pre-op and my doctor has said that instead of Optifast I can take Muscle Milk light. Unfortunately in Canada I have not been able to find the Ready-to-drink ones, but I found them at costco in the US and am going to drive down there.

However I am confused as I have found conflicting information on the nutritional profile of them (on websites). Can anyone who has purchased Muscle Milk Light from please check the side of their box and tell me the calories/fat/protein/carbs and also the serving size? The costco website says 160 calories per 250ml, but then I checked Cytosport's website and it says 100 calories per 250ml... so I am thoroughly confused.

Thank you

Adam

Is the Muscle Milk the only alternative your doctor will okay? I ask, because I've had it...and blech. I vastly prefer the Inspire line of Protein at bariatriceating.com. Its nutritional profile is really good, and my doctor okayed it instead of his usual preop recommendation. It's not ready-to-drink, but dissolves easily (without blender) with Water. (Another bonus: shipping costs are waaaaaaay less for powders, as compared with RTDs.)

I don't have a package of the Muscle Milk in my house, but it's packaged as Muscle Milk Light 100 calories:

CytoSport | Driven By Science. Inspired By Performance.

ajd7, check out my post on this thread that I addressed to you about the muscle milk.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/liquid-diets-111678/

The RTD shakes are either 14 oz and 160 cal or 8.25 oz and 100 cal.

AJDJ,

I love Muscle Milk from costco. If you have not found out all the info, let me know. You can also purchase it from vitacost.com. We love the chocolate and vanilla. Just purchased the Cookies and cream (not here yet). We add blueberries to the vanilla and a banana to either the chocolate or vanilla, Water and ice in the blender. Yummy!

Sorry I am with Betsy I am not a fan of MM!

Just got back from costco here in Leesburg, VA. They had a case of chocolate muscle milk in 250ml or 8.25 oz containers. It was 160 cal each 20g Protein. I'm thinking what I saw on the website for 100 cal for the 8.25 oz only pertained the mocha latte. The cost was $28.00 for 24 servings.

I opted for the Premier chocolate Protein. 18 - 11 oz servings for $24. 160 cal each and 30g protein. We'll see.

Just got back from costco here in Leesburg, VA. They had a case of chocolate muscle milk in 250ml or 8.25 oz containers. It was 160 cal each 20g Protein. I'm thinking what I saw on the website for 100 cal for the 8.25 oz only pertained the mocha latte. The cost was $28.00 for 24 servings.

I opted for the Premier chocolate Protein. 18 - 11 oz servings for $24. 160 cal each and 30g protein. We'll see.

Acquarias12459,

Let me know what you think of the muscle milk!

Aquarius,

I opted for the Premier Protein over the Muscle Milk as well. They taste good and are very convenient. I bring two with me to work every day and don't have to worry about mixing up shakes at work. I just wish they had other RTD flavors available other than chocolate.< /p>

Thanks for the replies all. I went to costco yesterday and bought it. It was 160 calories, not 100, which is what I wanted. I guess it is a special formula just for Costco. I saw the premier there but went with the muscle milk. I have now had 3 of them today, with 2 more to go, and I have to say, that the muscle milk is the best Protein Shake I've ever tried, I absolutely love it. It tastes too good to be true and is just yummy overall, almost like a real milkshake. I am very happy with my choice.

Acquarias12459,

Let me know what you think of the muscle milk!

I didn't get the muscle milk yesterday, opted for the Premier, however, I'm thinking of checking the local GNC out. I think I remember seeing the MM in singles there so I'm going to check it out. Also interested in some of the other yummy flavors that they have in the powder. The banana sounded yummy as did a few of the others.

Aquarius,

I opted for the Premier Protein over the Muscle Milk as well. They taste good and are very convenient. I bring two with me to work every day and don't have to worry about mixing up shakes at work. I just wish they had other RTD flavors available other than chocolate.

I'm just drinking my first one now. I decided that I really need to use a straw as I cannot tolerate the cardboard container taste/texture on my lips. LOL Anyway, just googled Premier Nutrition. www.premiernutritution.com

In checking out their products, it looks like they have individual packets in both chocolate and vanilla that you would need to mix with Water or some liquid but the online cost seem a little high at about $2 per packet. They also have some fruit (punch) and mandarine flavored packets that you add to a bottle of Water and shake up that are 140 cal each and the online price is about $2.15 pack. They have 30g of Protein also. I can't remember if costco had them or not but I think I remember seeing them - Titan as well as the Pro2O packets that you mix with water that are 5g of protein and 25 cal and 5g Fiber. The online price is about .80 ea in the 30 pk mixed flavor box or $1.00 ea in the 7 pk box of all one flavor.