Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree with everyone. I only lost 10 pounds and I'm 3 months out since my 1st fill I only lost 4 pounds in a month, but I just keep telling myself that as long as I'm losing it dosen't matter how long it takes. It is only a tool, and I'm doing weight watchers to keep track of my portions.

I gained weight between my surgery and first fill, then presto!, after I started getting fills and losing 2 pounds a week!

Ithink we all chose this LAP-BAND® because it is a slower and safer way to help lose weight. We should never feel ashamed. We all made the first move to do something about our weight by having surgery. I feel alot better today and can finally eat and keep food down. It has been 3 days since my first fill. I feel good. Good luck everyone on your weight loss journey.

It seems everyones Dr. gives them a different post-op diet and that may be why everyone loses differently. My Dr. is a strict "nothing but shakes and Clear Liquids and broth for 6 weeks" and honey I can't help but lose weight when that is all I can eat! Also others are right, the pre-op diet " nothing but shakes and clear liquids for 2 weeks and before that no carbs, no dairy and 60 grams of Protein shakes" made me lose most of what I lost! Don't compare yourself with others because all of our bodies are different, just wait it will come off (and maybe you won't have as much saggy skin because you are losing slower it gives your body time to adjust). Good Luck!

I had my 6 week check up and first fill today. I am only down 15 pounds so far. I have read so many posts on here where people have lost 30 pounds and more the first 6 weeks. I feel like such a loser. I did not have any restriction after the first couple weeks and am seriously wondering if this is gonna work for me. Sorry to sound like a whiny baby, this just seems to have been a lot of work to get to even have the surgery then to only lose 15 lousy pounds.....uggggggggggggg:angry::smile2:

I am one week less than you but about the same as you.. I think we are doing well... it is going to take some time but I am like you the 30 lbs kind of gets me down. I didn't do a pre op diet so this is all since surgery.

Thanks for all your postings . . . I have felt the same way about comparisons with other people . . . it's like if I've lost less than someone banded around the same time, then I beat myself up . . All that you've said, with the band being a tool, is so right, and I need to reaffirm that to myself each morning, or else, I doubt my ability to be successful . . .

You've helped me get off to a good start this morning! :smile2:

This is a marathon, not a sprint. You are 15 pounds closer to your goal. If you loose to fast you hit a plateau, which is torture. Hang in there you can do it..

thanks so much for all the encouragement. It is hard not to get down sometimes, but I try to remember that I didnt gain all this weight overnight and I am no going to lose it overnight either. I try not to compare myself to others but I work with 2 people that had gastric bypass ( i was too scared of this for myself ) and you could see the weight literally falling off them. I am trying to remember that I chose this kind of surgery knowing it was not as fast as the bypass. I love this website and it helps soooo much reading everyones encouraging words and thoughts. It is hard to get support at home when everyone in my house can eat whatever and never gain weight.....

Thanks again for the emotional support. I think we need that as much as anything........Hugs to all....Shell:tt1:

I can tell you the MOST valuable lesson I learned early on in my journey is that comparing yourself to ANYONE ELSE (especially on these boards) is the MAIN REASON you will fail!

I was comparing my weight loss to a friend I made on here and was discouraged EVERY TIME I heard her say how much she was losing. My own successes were "lost in the background" and ALL I focused on is where I "should" be in comparison with her.

It took me nearly 2 MONTHS to actually and TRULY "let it go" and ONLY focus on MY SUCCESS (not weight loss...because every single ounce lost is a SUCCESS). Once I did that whole-heartedly my own weight loss was ALL that mattered.

I focused on what I WAS DOING not what she was doing. I focused on the 2lbs I LOST (and didn't gain) and didn't give a rat's A@@ about her journey.

I know that sounds harsh but it really isn't. I was SO WORRIED that I wouldn't be her "cheerleader" that she needed or would seem like a terrible friend if I didn't reply to her and tell her how great she was doing (which she truly did!!). That guilt kept making me focus on HER success while in turn damaged mine almost beyond repair.

It is NOT EASY to focus on yourself and your own journey without comparing it with others on this thread...but it is EASILY one of the most important things you will ever do for your own success. Just my .02

I agree with all the above :blushing:

I just had my 6 month post op check up and fill on Monday and I'm only down 12 pounds since surgery (which I pretty much lost the first 2 weeks after surg). I know it's hard not to be disapointed...I was kind of bummed too...but my Dr. was pleased with it! The other thing I did was do my measurments and I've accually lost 9 inches in a month so that was encouraging! If you haven't done that I would recommend it.

But as others have said 15 pounds is really great! 2.5 pounds a week average is pretty excellent weight loss! Just keep it up! We can do this!