Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey Leigha--I cannot say my NUT offered much that has not been heard before. She put me at 1600 calories a day, 400 calories per mean and 100-150 calories if I need to snack. She did say, however, that if I need to snack, that I definitely need a fill (DUH). She said to keep a balance of whole-grain carbs if bread, or fruits and veggies--no more than 90-100 net carbs a day, around 30 carbs with each meal. Then gave me a bunch of meal and snack suggestions that were quick and easy and high in protein--same spill, log every calorie, eat Protein first, no drinking and eating at same time, blah, blah like I just got my band. I just went to her because it is free and to make me accountable. Of course exercise 5 days. Not to drink my meals, etc same stuff!

After all that, I still had my shake for breakfast:). I have to grocery shop to start her plan, so will try her way end of this week.

I was trying to tell her how drastically the new job changed me life and wanted to hear help how to get deal with new job and focus on me. It is hard to focus on me when you run a school. With the band, you have to be frankly selfish and be about you--not as easy to do now. She was not helpful in that aspect, so I just said, hey I need to sit down, and plan for myself. I decided one, to cook up a bunch of food and freeze it, break out the crock pot, and bring a bunch of my protein stuff at school. Exercise I took care of when I joined the gym close to the school so I can just leave and go straight there--now I just need to make sure I schedule that. (I explained to her that I had a death and had been out of town and soon as we got back in town, mom has been in hospital--just got out yesterday and had messed up my exercise routine the past few weeks--she just looked at me as if I was just making excuses:mad:)

Morning everyone.

Have to admit to being a bit lazy over the last couple of days. I have been reading the thread but not replying.

Shads I am sure that you will get on fine with a new surgeon. I changed mine recently just for convenience - I got tired of driving 1.5 hrs each way. Found a brilliant guy in our nearest city (.5 hrs away). It was great as I didn't have to wait for ages, I got to see him and he spent time talking /explaining etc.

Christie congrats on the boots. I love boots and have lots but am hoping the weather will change so I can wear thongs(shoes not underwear) . I agree its frustrating to have to get rid of something that you've hardly worn but its better than the alternative.I must have given away a fortune in clothes since I've been banded. It's a good job that I'm not a designer label junkie unless you count "Tar zhay" as a designer label!

Elfie glad that your new diet seems to be working. It was great to see your photo's - I love being able to see the face behind the posts. You have lost sooo much that is incredible and you look so happy in the after pic.Sorry about the troll. Is it one of those particularly bothersome down under trolls? The thing that amazes me sometimes is how some people act as though they were scientific/nutritional and band experts. Often these experts are newly banded and of tender years to boot.

Leigha sorry to hear that you are having problems. I hope that you are able to resolve them in a way that makes you happy. I love FB but you do have to be careful. The best thing to do is always think twice and post once. That sounds great coming from me as my Mother always told me that my mouth would get me into big trouble one day and that i needed to think before I spoke. Maybe in my old age the message is eventually getting through! I resisted joining FB for ages until my half sister that lives in the states that I have never met invited me to join. Now i love it. It's quick and easy to see what people are upto and you can see their pics. My son and daughter are both on my friends list which can be good and bad. LOL especially when i get to see the pics of all the uni parties my daughter goes to.

As to myself i have probably become a bit complacent lately. Old eating habits are slipping back in. I weigh everyday and have probably gained about 1lb. I know that's nothing but I need to make sure it doesn't turn into more than that. I have an atypical band as i find i can eat quite easily in the morning and struggle more at night. I don't think I need a fill but am not sure as I am getting hungrier in the morning which generally is a sign. However I need to not rely totally on the band and make sure that I am making the correct choices and not eating candy between meals as well.

Plus i have a lazy gene. I still hate and avoid exercise. I must try and get off my lazy butt and go to my Bollywood class tonight - no more excuses. they have just started a zumba class in our town which i have been tossing up joining but it is on the same day as Bollywood and I don't really want to do both in 1 day - more spread out would be better. the other downside is that I have to pay for each class. $12 per lesson doesn't sound like much but it soon adds up.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhoea . Hope I haven't bored you all too much!

Edited by elcee

Oh and i agree with Elfie about NUTs! I hadn't heard the term until i joined this site.

hoping the weather will change so I can wear thongs(shoes not underwear) .

Thanks for the clarification. My mind was heading off in the wrong direction. :)

What are bollywood classes? I can't help but think of the Indian bollywood films.

Yes I thought I should clarify. It gets confusing when you have lived an a number of different countries and you have to learn the different lingo.

In the UK a thong is a g-string. In Aus thongs are flip flops(shoes). I wasn't sure what was what in the US.

You are spot on with the Bollywood. They are dance classes based on the style of dancing they use in the Bollywood movies. Great fun and quite challenging if you are as unco as I am.

You are spot on with the Bollywood. They are dance classes based on the style of dancing they use in the Bollywood movies. Great fun and quite challenging if you are as unco as I am.

Just looked this up on YouTube. Looks like fun with less complicated dance steps than Zumba.

Leigha, I'm thinking of you!

We used to call flip-flops thongs...now thongs are underwear....my mother still can't make the change and will tell connor to go put on his thongs...makes me cringe every time.

I'm at 201.6....SOOOOOO close, so close, I can almost taste it!!!!

You guys have me cracking up with your NUTS and thongs lol.

Leigha-hang tough! Hope it all gets resolved and gets better for you asap!

Christie-less than 2lbs :)

Melody-love the pics and the crocs. I bought pink and yellow tie-dye ones on vacation. I love them.

I am hanging in there and ever so impatiently waiting for it to be the 18th so I can finally have the verdict. Of course I want everything to be ok, but at this point I just want to know no matter what the outcome! I have been exercising like a machine and have stuck myself back on a liquid and puree diet until the 18th so that my pouch is definitly getting a rest (i just started this today and am starving and cranky!!!!). The Dr said I didn't need to do this, but I figured if I do and everything is not ok then at least I know I tried EVERYTHING in my power to help myself. That way no regrets and what ifs. Plus maybe I'll even lose a couple lbs who knows? I'm doing shakes and other liquids for Breakfast and lunch and a pureed dinner. I'm sure I am setting myself up for dreams of dancing pizzas. Have a great night everyone!

Also, if anyone wants to friend me on Facebook I am Stacie Kudlac Pfender. I should be the one and only :)

:thumbup: I have mice! or a Mouse!

This weekend I found 2 mouse poops and promptly added traps to my shopping list. I set up 4 traps before I left for work today and there was a mouse in one when I got home! EEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! :)

If I have one does that mean there are more?

Not to burst your bubble...but chances are yes. I live next to a corn field, so the occasional mouse is inevitable, but from my experience there is normally more than 1. On the other hand though I have had times of just 1. Ah who knows...get a cat lol

:crying: I have mice! or a Mouse!

This weekend I found 2 mouse poops and promptly added traps to my shopping list. I set up 4 traps before I left for work today and there was a mouse in one when I got home! EEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! :)

If I have one does that mean there are more?

Unfortunately, yes...and all that means is...it's winter and the mice are moving into their winter housing from the fields.

I have 2 cats and still have mice. I usually tuck D-con in places where the cats can't reach but if I start seeing droppings on the kitchen counters then I know it's getting really bad so I lay out the traps. A couple years ago, I put a trap under the kitchen counter, turned away and *snap*. Got one. Tossed the dead mouse, set the trap, put it under the counter...this time I actually reached the light switch...*snap*. I'm not kidding...I caught *ELEVEN* mice in the space of 10 minutes! I was freaking! The mice have either gotten smarter or that was just a freak occurrence because I've never had that again.

Stacie: I think you have the perfect attitude about making sure you're doing all *you* can and here's hoping they find out what the problem is and *fix* it.

Christie: I'm doing the happy dance with you! So exciting to be so close to Onderland!

I'm down another 2 lbs this morning but I think I'll only change my ticker on Mondays...just to be sure it's not a Water weight fluctuation. In any case, it's thrilling to see the scale going down for a change and not just standing still or gaining!

I think I'm going to call what I'm doing a modified Atkins instead of the Optimal diet because I just cannot eat all the fats they require (almost twice what I eat on Atkins!) in the ratio for my height and bone structure. Even on Atkins I was always conscious of additional fats outside those found in the Protein itself. So, since I know the protein has been driving up my glucose levels, I'm just watching the protein now, same as I watch the carbs...and it seems to be working. Interestingly, my daily calories are coming in at around 1200 even though I'm not counting them.

When I read about other people struggling to stay on their WOE while a spouse continues the bad eating habits (junk food, carb loaded, etc.), I thank God that I have a husband willing to eat the way I do. When we got married, I weighed 210 lb and my husband weighed 160...perfect for his height and build. Over the last 20 years, he's ballooned up to 203 with almost all of it in his belly.

Now that we've been eating healthier, he's become involved in a fitness program for employees at work and logging everything he eats...and dropped 10 lbs in the last month! Just makes me even more determined to continue working at losing this extra weight!

199.2!!! I'm here, I'm here, I made it to onederland!!! It'll probably be gone again tomorrow but whatever, I'm here now!! Join me in the happy dance ladies! (that means 95 down, wow)