Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Elfie you sound as though you are doing really well. Resisting all that temptation , I am proud of you. Keep it up and the scales will eventually have to concede defeat and start waving the white flag.

Leigha hope you are OK. Housecleaning doesn't sound like fun but think of all the calories you are expending! Are you getting a new tenant or are you moving?

I had a fairly busy weekend. Saturday i worked. I have an upside down life - didn't work all week but have to work on a saturday! It does have it's upsides though. Came home and hubby had cooked a delicious dinner. Beef strog in the slow cooker.He had also made dessert which I only had yesterday as I was too full. I know that I don't need all this sweet stuff but when he put so much effort into making it it's a bit hard to refuse.

Yesterday was monthly support group meeting. I love going to catch up with people and see how they are doing.

Today i am going to a class to finish the Christmas wall hanging i started last week. Should probably go and jump in the shower and get ready.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Three hours later and my belly is telling me it's dinner time. Not hunger...just sort of an empty feeling. I'm going to shut it up with some broth. Only 5 hours until my usual bedtime. I can do this. Call me weird but sometimes self-denial feels good. Does that make me a masochist? Hmmm...since I'm 'causing' the denial as well, it also makes me a sadist. :)

A sado/masochist

Well back to normal. Wow what a day. I guess Melody it was like you said, that it was body just reacting to the sudden switch to carbs. Going through a lot of stress,but determined not to eat. My mom just got out of the hospital last Sunday, and then last Wednesday fell and fractured her shoulder bone. She was released again today. She now requires 24 hr care so my sisters are trying to rotate. She was already disabled and could barely walk, so she cannot do anything by herself. It took my three sisters and myself to get her in the car and in the house. My mom is 300lbs or more. We all have sore backs--okay mostly my 6'5" hubby, but we helped:).

My sister is angry because my she feels she did this to herself in many ways of years of being morbidly obese and doing crazy stuff like driving to the mailbox instead of walking. As I said to her no one taught her and she did not teach us to take care of our bodies. My sister is by no means skinny in fact I am catching her at a size 18. Slipped on a size 20 with some room to spare:) and a pair of 18 jeans that are snug but fit kinda of sexy. I am saving for the club Christie:) Long way from a size 28, 30/32 not where I want to be but today I was grateful that I'm heading in the right direction. My mom has 21 things diagnosed (no exaggeration.) Of the 21 things only two are not related to her weight or that her weights does not worsen the problem. I said all of that to say that though this journey is rough, hang in there, that it really is worth it and Celebrate yourself every step of the way. Unlearning a way of life is not easy. I am fighting now as if my life depended on it--since a great deal of the 21 is hereditary, it really does!

Okay I am off my soapbox now.

Edited by shadst8

Shads,

I am sorry about your mom but you and your sisters need to remember to take care of yourselves as well. Physically lifting and moving your mother, particularly if she can offer little help, on a daily basis will take a toll on all of you.

Glad your stomach thing was only temporary. With everything else, that was sort of adding insult to injury, eh?

Shads,

I am sorry about your mom but you and your sisters need to remember to take care of yourselves as well. Physically lifting and moving your mother, particularly if she can offer little help, on a daily basis will take a toll on all of you.

Glad your stomach thing was only temporary. With everything else, that was sort of adding insult to injury, eh?

Yeah--it was not a good look:blushing: lol. We got one of those belts to help pull her, because I said the same thing to my mom--I need my back point blank. I will not be at the club Christie bent over--okay unless it is a new dance:biggrin:

Edited by shadst8
typo

Ok...I made it through the evening and didn't blow my diet. So today I'm going to be careful because I do not want another evening of broth. :thumbup:

Sadly, and I need to go change my ticker, the 221 lbs did not last but then I really had no expectations it would. <sigh> My official Monday weight is...<no drum roll thank you>...228. :laugh:

I am totally flummoxed. I'm walking an hour (now up to 1 mile in 15 minutes so a good pace) every day. I'm pretty active in the warehouse (moving, bending, lifting, etc.) for about 3 hours every day (been doing this for the last 15 years so doubt it's building any muscle at this point). I'm eating about 1000-1050 calories per day with less than 10 carbs and no more than 70gm of Protein (which limits the fat as a result) and I'm not adding fats to my food. I even cut out the cream in my coffee! I'm not having bad days that overshadow the good days (at least for the last 2 weeks), but have been *perfect* at staying on plan. Maybe I'm being impatient, but good grief!!

My doctor has done a T4 on me and said my thyroid is 'normal' but my sister's was normal and they did another test for some other markers in her blood and discovered she has Hashimoto's...one of the more common, and undiagnosed, types of hypothyroidism. So I'm going to make her do this one and guess we need to check and see if I've hit perimenopause yet. I know that will also affect the weight loss. As of a year ago I wasn't, but I'm at that age.

Anyway...off to kick...I mean 'change' my ticker...up...again.

Melody

Weight is the same this morning so apparently yesterday was not just Water fluctuation. Pffft. ;)

I have an appointment at 4 p.m. today with the surgeon to see what we're going to do with this pain in my arm. I'm getting so little sleep that I'm not safe to drive a car for even 15 minutes, let alone the hour and a half to his office, so my son is driving me.

I'm trying not to jump the gun but obviously all the scenarios are running through my head. At this point, the only solution I see is to take the fill completely out, but even then, I've had this pain since the day of surgery and it's gotten worse. Not this severe, but still...if the only way to lessen it is to get it unfilled...and I'm still left with any pain at all...is there any point in keeping it? Then there's the additional question of whether or not the insurance will pay to take it out. Deep breath.

Hopefully he can come up with another solution. I mean, I know this is not uncommon and he's probably seen it before so maybe he has another trick up his sleeve.

Hopefully he can come up with another solution. I mean, I know this is not uncommon and he's probably seen it before so maybe he has another trick up his sleeve.

Thinking about you today! I am praying that he has some sort of quick, easy, band-keeping surgery-less solution!

Me too - I've got my toes and fingers crossed.

Melody-- Here is a question to ask the Dr. for me:

How the hell can you gain 7 pounds in 1 day if you don't even put 7 pounds of food and Water into your body? This should be mathematically impossible. (I'm not doubting you, I just want a scientific answer!)

Shammah-- Hugs on the mom thing, my mother is dead set on killing herself with her lifestyle, she has Parkinson's, heart disease, wont take her medication, smokes 2 packs a day and lives on ice cream and diet Dr Pepper. (Not that thats what your mom is doing too) Its just that sometimes it just sucks to have to be the responsible one.

Elcee-- I have been complaining on Facebook about the cleaning of the rent house. A girl just moved out, she was there only 4 months and you would not believe how the house was when she left. :lol: It makes me want to call child protective services because her children have to live in that.

Christie-- Are we going to have to get you a keeper? Bar hopping all night? Coming home with no shoes on? Are you having your second childhood? Can I come with you next time?;)

Leigha that's good to hear. I was worrying that you were cleaning out a rental house for YOU to live in. It is scary how some people live isn't it. It's one of the things that puts me off buying a rental property(apart from lack of funds). It seems that people can mess the place up, not pay rent etc etc and the rent board always seems to rule in favour of the tenant.

I still think I have a back to front band. Most people complain of being tight in the morning. Generally mine is fine then but it sometimes gives me problems at night. Last 2 nights couldn't get dinner down - major sliming episodes. Yesterday i think it was due to stress.

We had an appointment for someone to come and quote us on a Pergola. The company told us last appointment was at 6pm and that they needed to see both myself and my husband. This meant hubby had to leave work early to get home on time. 6.20 no rep, no phone call so I decided to phone him. He was still at his last client which was about 30 min away. Yes I understand people can be delayed but what happened to manners. He could have called us and informed us that he was going to be late.

He eventually arrived just before 7pm (no Bollywood class for me again). Was here for about an hour. Didn't like him. He was very arrogant, spoke to us like we knew nothing and instead of telling us what he could do and pricing various options was more focused on our budget. He eventually came up with a price of +/-$29 000 but could give us a discount of 15% brining it to +/-$24000 plus $ 2000 for a permit and insurance!!!! I think he must have been smoking something. This was more than double the price that someone else had quoted me for something similar. Because we told him he was way out he did not even leave a professional quote but scribbled the price on the back of his card - this is supposed to be the biggest pergola company in Aus. Heaven knows how/where they get their business.

However as a result my dinner (mince) was drier than it should have been and I probably tried to eat too fast as I was starving.

Eventually had to give up and resort to a glass of wine, small bowl of icecream and a couple of squares of chocolate.< /p>

What was that about sins Elfie? I don't think there is any hope of redemption for me!

Eventually had to give up and resort to a glass of wine, small bowl of icecream and a couple of squares of chocolate.< /p>

What was that about sins Elfie? I don't think there is any hope of redemption for me!

Throw a little spaghetti squash in the bottom of that bowl and call it a healthy dinner. ;)

How the hell can you gain 7 pounds in 1 day if you don't even put 7 pounds of food and Water into your body? This should be mathematically impossible. (I'm not doubting you, I just want a scientific answer!)

LOL...saw this after I came back, but I did ask him this. I also asked him how it's possible that I'm eating half the calories I used to *and* walking an hour every day, aerobics twice a week and not only *not* losing weight, but going up and down in a vicious cycle. I said if it's all about calories in/calories out, then I should be losing consistently.

His exact words were...it is *not* about calories in/calories out. The type of calories make a difference and it will vary by individual. He said more, but I should've expected such a radical departure from traditional weight loss beliefs since his specialty is bariatrics.

Did he offer any help with the shoulder pain?