Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I start to feel light-headed after a week, I will call my surgeon's office and ask their advice.

I researched my surgeon very well before calling his office for the first time. I have total faith in him and his staff and am doing what I'm told.

I had my post-op counseling yesterday and the nurse justified the post-op diet very clearly. If you don't do the suggested diet, you increase your chances of early erosion.

As I said earlier, relatively speaking, what is a few more weeks?

She also said melted ice cream is not a liquid :)

The person who originally posted this thread was asking us to be honest about if we stuck to the post-op diet or not. At the risk of sounding bitchy, I was originally answering her. If I had total self control I would not be heavy to begin with. After you have had your surgery let us know if you "cheated" or not.

The person who originally posted this thread was asking us to be honest about if we stuck to the post-op diet or not. At the risk of sounding bitchy, I was originally answering her.

You answered her honestly as did I.

Then you quoted what I had said and replied to my post.

If I had total self control I would not be heavy to begin with. After you have had your surgery let us know if you "cheated" or not.

I was not questioning anybody's integrity, nor am I faulting anyone that cheats.

There is no need to wait for me to have my surgery. I can tell you positively that I will have only liquids for the 2 weeks following my surgery and only blended foods/mushies for the following 2 weeks.

I wouldn't be here if I had total self control either. But I am stubborn and I am sure that will be enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Again, I do not feel I cheated. I just did what I knew my body needed. Best of luck, and I sincerly hope you have the will power you say you do. But if you don't that's what this forum is for.

Again, I do not feel I cheated. I just did what I knew my body needed. Best of luck, and I sincerly hope you have the will power you say you do. But if you don't that's what this forum is for.

I honestly meant no harm nor was I saying I was better than anyone.

It's all semantics. The word cheated has bad connotations because it is used for unfaithful people in relationships among other things.

We need to come up with another word that means did not do "exactly" prescribed.

Peace

My Surgeon does the advance every 5 days system... 5 days clear liquid, meaning anything you can see through like tea, juice, broth, sugar free popsicles etc... Then 5 days full liquid including Protein shakes, Cream Soups that are thinned, etc.. Then 5 days Mushies including mashed potatoes, yogurt, cottage cheese etc... Then it was on to real food... meat and veggies first, then breads, pastas and rice etc in small servings as tolerated and he warned to not be surprised if I just can't eat some things.....

Honestly, I didn't feel hungry during my post op diet and was allowed real food back in time to enjoy delicious Prime Rib and baked potato for Christmas dinner. I had a fair amount of restriction and was eating about 3 or 4 teeny tiny nibbles of meat and maybe 1 tablespoon each of potatoes or side dish and veggies...

He also warned that some days you Can eat certain food items and other days you can't... He also told me today, that I shouldn't be surprised if I can never eat Breakfast again... He said that when you are laying down/sleeping, acid builds up in your stomach and causes irritation around the band and makes it difficult to eat for a couple hours when you first get up... This explains why I have trouble even with oatmeal.... I love Breakfast food, so I guess I'll have to make breakfast for dinner about once a week....

It wasn't until after my first fill in January that my apetite came back and I could suddenly eat larger portions.... Like a FULL cup of food at one sitting without being uncomfortable.... It took great restraint to not eat more sometimes....

AND Right now, I am starving to death... I just had a fill today so I have to stick with only broth, juice, liquid for a few days and advance up just like post op... Only this time, its only 2 day increments instead of 5....

I have so far. 21 day liquid post op for me. Thursday is the first day I can eat solid food. I can't wait. I am so hungry right now. I'm lucky as I have had no lightheadedness or anything weird just a growling stomach. Scrambled eggs sounds like gourmet food to me right now and that's what I'm having Thursday morning first thing! Good luck to you.

I was on liquids for 2 weeks pre op - I cheated the last weekend unfortunately and had pizza :-( I lost a total of 19 lbs on the Pre Op diet.

I am one week after the band and have to do the liquid diet for 2 more weeks and then puree foods for 2 weeks. I have done good with staying on course until yesterday - I had a 1.5 oz bag of fried wonton strips with some Soup broth I got at the chinese takeout. But like someone said it is still a battle of willpower and I will have moments of weakness that I will have to recognize, evaluate and determine how to move forward with better choices.

One thing that has been very helpful on the liquid diet is getting Soup from the local chinese takeout - as it is one of my favorite foods. Hot and Sour Soup, Egg Drop Soup and Wonton Soup - but of course I only take in the broth from them by straining the soup - but it is very fullfilling and tasty.

Good luck on your Journey! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

I was banded 1/28 and have had the same results as you. I've only lost 20 lbs so far and feel like I'm at a standstill. I do believe it is the change in the diet and I am eating more dense foods. I hope to see the weight coming off again soon.

I was banded 1/28 and have had the same results as you. I've only lost 20 lbs so far and feel like I'm at a standstill. I do believe it is the change in the diet and I am eating more dense foods. I hope to see the weight coming off again soon.

It's not a nice feeling. I was losing so much, so quickly before. I was SUPER happy at my results. I knew it'd come to a standstill eventually. Alas, all good things must come to an end, right? I'm kidding. I know I'll continue losing. I just know it won't be until I've had my first fill. Good luck with everything!