Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It goes right on through the band...and I have restriction. Rice is another slider food for me. I have to eat it after I've eaten some Protein and vegies or else it goes right on through. I can actually feel it. That surprised me since many people have difficulty with rice sticking. Guess some slider foods are the same for us all (ice cream, etc.) while others will be unique to each individual.

Rice is a slider food? ??? Lasagna and spaghetti?? I know we are all different, but those are not slider foods for anyone. They are foods that you can tolerate and eat without a problem. TRUE slider foods are mashed potatoes, ice cream, anything that literally slides down your throat without chewing, but is high in calories and fat.

If you are able to eat rice, Pasta, lasagna potatoes things like that and not getting stuck on it, you probably have not reached restriction yet. or are taking such small bites that it may be sliding right through, but these items are not typically in the slider category.

Soup, icecream, yogurt, they are more of the slider type because they do not have density to stop at the pass.

If you are able to eat rice, Pasta, lasagna potatoes things like that and not getting stuck on it, you probably have not reached restriction yet. or are taking such small bites that it may be sliding right through, but these items are not typically in the slider category.

Soup, icecream, yogurt, they are more of the slider type because they do not have density to stop at the pass.

I take it you didn't read where Elfie said she is at restriction, or where she said that normally these foods aren't considered sliders, but for her they are.

Each person may have a food that works differently for him or her than it will for someone else. That is why each person needs to listen to his or her own body, and adjust or act accordingly.

Just like some people are so tight in the morning that they can only tolerate liquids, but others are able to eat solid foods for Breakfast. Each person is different.

Elfie, I'm sorry your lasagna didn't turn out to be a good food for you. I do like the suggestion that another poster made of using thin slices of zucchini as the noodles (eggplant would work too but that is an icky food for me! ;-). Maybe I'll do that this weekend. My hubby never gets lasagna from me as I'm not a big fan, but I think I could handle the zucchini lasagna.

Edited by Melinco
spelling

OMG you are too funny!! I find myself dreaming of "slider" food.

I have a question.......may seem stupid but here goes.......since we chew everything to mush...doesn't just about everything slide right thru?? And what makes some food slide and other not slide?

Today is a "head" hungry day for me. I am doing my best to fight it.....but a rainy, cold day makes me hungry!!

I know we are all different, but those are not slider foods for anyone.
Really? Good to know. Now none of us will have to...I don't know...listen to our own bodies or anything.

In my book TRUE slider foods are the ones that easily slide out of my pouch, NOT foods that don't require chewing. They can be one and the same, but not necessarily so.

I have a question.......may seem stupid but here goes.......since we chew everything to mush...doesn't just about everything slide right thru?? And what makes some food slide and other not slide? QUOTE]

Your "classic" sliders are things like ice cream, some Soups (notice I said some - not all), Cookies, processed foods, etc. Basically, a food that easily goes down with little to no nutritional value.

Now that doesn't mean that for some bandsters that there can't be nutritionally dense foods that don't slide right down. As Elfie pointed out, the lasagna she made went right through, providing her with no "fullness", as we'd usually have after a meal.

Remember, the band works two ways. One is helping you to restrict your intake (portion control), and two, to help you feel satisfied (or full) longer. If you get one, but not the other, this is something you have to adjust. So for Elfie, where she didn't get the fullness on her lasagna, she'll have to either forgo eating it in the future, or possibly change up the recipe so she does get full.

The main point is that we all have to listen to our bodies and act accordingly.

And no, your question wasn't stupid at all!

Lasagna is a slider food. :)

I still say one persons slider is another persons godsend. We all have different ways of preparing the foods and different eating styles. Not to mention we are all at different markers in our journys.

Rice is a slider food???? Lasagna and spaghetti?? I know we are all different, but those are not slider foods for anyone. They are foods that you can tolerate and eat without a problem. TRUE slider foods are mashed potatoes, ice cream, anything that literally slides down your throat without chewing, but is high in calories and fat.

THANK YOU,, the newer people on the forum don't really know what a true slider food is. When I saw this, and the rice I smiled and thought. Will someone please do something. I for one been there done that. Been frustrated and back. Wonder where the mods would step in and interject they have been there done that. Everyone has a story I for one have no right to step on anyone's toes nor will I. Your all great in my eyes. Keep on doing what your doing. Peace.

Rice is a slider food???? Lasagna and spaghetti?? I know we are all different, but those are not slider foods for anyone..

We are all different and one person's slider food isn't another's. For me, Pasta and rice are slider foods. The fact that I don't have to bother about chewing them well, and they still 'slide through' my band says they are a slider food for me.

And I do have restriction. I'm 'full' after about 2-3 oz of Protein, and 1/4-1/2 cup of steamed vegies and *maybe* (some days I'm too tight) 1/4 cup carbs. I had no problem putting down about 2 cups of lasagna...and I could've eaten another...and I didn't have to take small bites or chew well. Something I didn't realize until after I'd finished the second piece.

These may not be slider foods for you. They are for me.

Thanks to those of you who understood.