Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I really screwed up today bad. I was banded on Jan 13. I have been doing ok since then, but don't go for a fill until next Thursday, so my band is empty right now. I have really been trying hard to make the right choices and not eat too much, but today I was soooo bad. I was in the office today(usually work from home) and they ordered pizza. I got the lunch special which is a small salad and personal thin crust pizza, I ate a few bites of salad, but I ate the WHOLE freakin pizza. WTH is wrong with me?? I think I was doing ok before I have lost about 25lbs since surgery but I hope I didn't just sabotage myself. In the past, once I "cheated" on a diet, I just gave up. Please lord don't let me do this again.

Anyone else mess up and eat too much before being filled?

First u dont suck!!!!! If u r asking the Lord for help He is all about mercy and grace!!!! I was banded on the 12. Dont be hard on your self, start again right now:thumbup:

God Bless

Jean

Don't beat yourself up! We all go through this. One time, 4 weeks out, I ate Pasta. And bread! And I ate it at a restraunt where they served me a lot. I thought I stretched my pouch and was frantic! Let this go and don't do it on a regular basis. Remember you don't have restriction yet and you're going through a time period where you must have some willpower. My weight stalled during this period and it was everything I could do in my power to not gain any weight. Best wishes!!!

You can't undo what you ate, just move forward and make better choices in the present and future.

happens to everyone. If I think about it enough I can convince myself that a resee cup is a mushy. just keep moving forward.

Well I am back in the land of bandsters. Was banded in Jan 2007. Cant believe it has been three years. Need to get back on it, 40 pounds overweight, was unfilled for a while. Just registered.

Ok so I really screwed up today bad. I was banded on Jan 13. I have been doing ok since then, but don't go for a fill until next Thursday, so my band is empty right now. I have really been trying hard to make the right choices and not eat too much, but today I was soooo bad. I was in the office today(usually work from home) and they ordered pizza. I got the lunch special which is a small salad and personal thin crust pizza, I ate a few bites of salad, but I ate the WHOLE freakin pizza. WTH is wrong with me?? I think I was doing ok before I have lost about 25lbs since surgery but I hope I didn't just sabotage myself. In the past, once I "cheated" on a diet, I just gave up. Please lord don't let me do this again.

It sounds as though you've actually been doing well. Your surgery was just a month ago and you lost 27 pounds. Awesome! I'm a newbie and hope to be banded early May. How did you surgery go? Do you feel the band, the port?

Thanks for replies. I know I can do this!! I just cannot wait until I get some restriction. I will do better tomorrow.

My surgery went well except for the bad reaction that I had to anesthesia (scoline pain aka post op myalgia). To better explain, it felt as though I had been hit by a mack truck LOL. I laugh now, but at the time it was not funny at all. I couldn't even move my arms or legs. I was also rehospitalized the day after d/c due to dehydration but truly think it all stems from anesthesia problem that I had. Luckily it only lasted about three days. I will make sure that from now on, if I ever have to have general anesthesia again that they DO NOT give me Succinylcholine. It is a common muscle relaxer given during surgery but can cause problems in some people. Other than that I have been doing well. I can feel my port if I push on it, but it does not hurt or anything. I don't "feel" the band, but I definatly know it is there. The other day I had my first "stuck" episode because I didn't pay attention when I was eating. Oh god I hope I don't do that again OUCH.

Dont worry about 1 day, go back and start over. Plus once you start getting fills it wont be physically possible to eat a whole pizza. I am getting a fill later today so yesterday I decided that I should have a piece of pizza since my band was loose and I wouldnt be able to after my fill. Well I was only able to eat 2 bites of the crust and then my band said STOP, OR ELSE! so I just ate the topping. It gets much easier to follow the rules after the fills start, just hang in there. :thumbdown:

We all fall off the wagon now and then. I had French Fries last night. The hiccups started and I took one more bite and paid for it. They are still 'sitting' and I feel them. I know hiccups are a trigger for me to stop, yet I kept eating. I look at each meal as way to "do it right".

Good luck.

I'm sure there are some who have *never* messed up...but most of us aren't quite that perfect. :thumbdown:

Forgive yourself and move on.

/

Thanks for that post Tracy - I was wondering why I was getting the hiccups after drinking large portions of Water - maybe it is because I am drinking too quickly.

happens to everyone. If I think about it enough I can convince myself that a resee cup is a mushy. just keep moving forward.

Wait, you mean reese's pb cups AREN'T a mushy....dangit.:confused:

Actually I didn't crave them during my mushy stage, since the pain of surgery was fresh in my mind. NOW, however the candy of Satan plagues me terribly.:confused:

Yes!!! Hiccups are my clear warning that I had better stop, but am I smart enough to always listen. I wish. I agree with the above poster who said it is just best to follow the band rules. Much less painful, but sometimes I want to eat more than a few bites and that gets the best of me. I don't let it get me down though, I just try to do better the next time.

I can so relate! I wish I could say it was just one meal... but I've screwed this whole week! Waiting on my first fill (tomorrow- yay!) + PMS + the week from hell at work = major cravings for everything bad! Damn that filet-o-fish and Shamrock shake! :confused: I broke my promise to never again do drive through today. I feel like i gained back 10 lbs! (and really hope I'm exaggerating- dreading the weigh-in tomorrow).

Tomorrow is a new day.