Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 12-21-09 in NJ Anyone else?

I was also banded on 12/21/09, but in Iowa. How's it going for you? Is it what you expected it would be like almost 2 months out?

I was to have my first fill today, it was postponed due to the snow. I lost 28 lbs the first 5 weeks (and dropped 2 sizes, I've gone from a 20 to a 16) and have stayed the same for the last 3. I Thought I would of had a fill by now and I'm disapointed I haven't lost anymore. I do realize it's a process and I'm trying to be patient. My scars are healing fine and I feel pretty good. What about you, how are you doing?? Leslie

No fills yet. The fill on feb 10 was cancelled due to storm. I go for my first on the 17th. Can't wait!! right now I can pretty much eat anything, What part of NJ are you from?? I'm from Salem County, Thanks, Leslie

I'm in western Atlantic County.

I'm in western Atlantic County.

You probley are not that far from me. Good luck on your running. Due to a severe knee injury 14 years ago I had my one knee replaced in September last year. Infact, that is why my insurance company approved my weight loss surgery. I am limited to the amount of activity I can do the rest of my life. I walk quite a bit and can ride a bike on level surfaces. I had been an avid horse back rider since age 4 but had to give that up also. Leslie

Hey everyone!

I was banded on 1.27.10 in Hamilton at RWJ...anyone close to this area or date?!

Can't wait to meet you!

Hey everyone!

I was banded on 1.27.10 in Hamilton at RWJ...anyone close to this area or date?!

Can't wait to meet you!

I originally started this thread. I was banded on Dec. 21, 2009 at Atlant Care in Atlantic City NJ. I live in Salem County, How about you?

I will be banded on 3/2 by Dr. O @ Atlanticare in Atlantic City. My Husbands Aunt was banded by Dr. Patel and did not like him. She is looking into changing to Dr. O for her fills. Dr. O's staff is wonderful and I look forward to being banded by Dr. O I have heard so many great things about him. I also enjoy the support group meetings for the Lapband at the Altanticare Lifecenter in Egg Harbor Township. I would love to hear stories about what to expect. I go in for "Bootcamp" on Thursday this week.:thumbup:

I will be banded on 3/2 by Dr. O @ Atlanticare in Atlantic City. My Husbands Aunt was banded by Dr. Patel and did not like him. She is looking into changing to Dr. O for her fills. Dr. O's staff is wonderful and I look forward to being banded by Dr. O I have heard so many great things about him. I also enjoy the support group meetings for the LAP-BAND® at the Altanticare Lifecenter in Egg Harbor Township. I would love to hear stories about what to expect. I go in for "Bootcamp" on Thursday this week.:redface:

Dr. O did my surgery first thing in the morning (I'm 4.5 weeks post-op). I had not a single problem coming out of surgery, and Dr. O also repaired a hiatal hernia that I didn't even know I had.

The hospital staff on the floor were just wonderful. Shonna was my favorite nurse -- she was so attentive and kind. You will learn all about the Bariatric beds! After surgery, sitting up is most comfortable, like a recliner. (And definitely make sure you have home all ready for your return -- all your liquids there, and a nice upright place to rest. Dr. O gave a scrip upon leaving the hospital and I was lucky enough to have my boyfriend go to the pharmacy while I rested at home.)

They won't give you Water right away after surgery, but you can beg. Expect a sore throat from the intubation.

They give you nice slipper socks to wear, and you'll get a hug pillow at bootcamp. It's the best. I held in to my stomach while I walked and sat.

I was really surprised with how painful getting out of bed was. I'm not sure if that was due to the additional hernia repair or not, but it was helpful for me to have my boyfriend there (at home) to help me get out of bed. The bariatric beds made it so easy at the hospital!

Also, walking walking walking (both at the hospital and at home) is so important to not only help you recover, but avoid the worst of the gas pains. Make sure you have a bunch of elastic-waisted pants clean and ready for your arrival home.

Oh, and when you get discharged, they will NOT send you over the skybridge into Caesar's garage. Pick-up is at ground level, main entrance! Things ya learn... heh. My boyfriend was waiting on the 3rd floor of Caesar's garage and he had my cell phone with him. I begged them to let me go up to the skybridge and cross myself (no wheelchair).

If you have any questions, happy to answer! :redface:

Edited by sawyer77
ETA: clarification