Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 13 days in with my band. I'm on purees for 2 weeks. I find myself starving all the time. I tried to put chicken ,and tuna in the blender, but it made me gag. I think I am eating way tooo much. It feels like everything I eat gets stuck. I chew my food till it is mush in my mouth. I'm wondering since I'm so hungry am i eating to fast. Last night I ate baked chicken that was drowned w/ chicken broth and a small piece of boiled potato, but I was full and uncomfortable for the whole night.

Please Help!

I am 13 days in with my band. I'm on purees for 2 weeks. I find myself starving all the time. I tried to put chicken ,and tuna in the blender, but it made me gag. I think I am eating way tooo much. It feels like everything I eat gets stuck. I chew my food till it is mush in my mouth. I'm wondering since I'm so hungry am i eating to fast. Last night I ate baked chicken that was drowned w/ chicken broth and a small piece of boiled potato, but I was full and uncomfortable for the whole night.

Please Help!

You should be eating 2-3 oz at every meal right now. Have you tried eggs? Are you drinking Protein shakes? It should also take you about 20-30 minutes to eat your food. You really shouldn't have to chew at this stage because you are on puree. Therefore it really shouldn't be getting stuck. Did your doctor put Fluid in your band during surgery? You also need to get your fluids in, inbetween when you aren't eating. Try some sugar free ice pops.

I am 10 days post-op and am in a similar situation to you. I find myself getting hungry and it scares me. I am trying to drink more and doing th Protein Shakes, but seems like I keep getting a knot behing my breast bone and feel pressure. Not sure what that means, but I am afraid to go back to real food even though I have tried scrambled eggs and other mushies to fill up.

I took me awhile to get the hang of eatting postop. I was eatting too much and too fast. I would have to go lay down for an hour or so till the pain passed. Just slow down and wait for that full feeling in between each bite. You will learn what it feels like right before it is too much. My doc told me not to drink the whole can of the Protein Shake so don't feel like you have to finish it. I really struggled with this because in my mind I was hungry after being on liquids. I wanted the taste and was not satisfied with just a couple bites. I thought I couldn't possibly be full already so I would take another one. After a few days I realized full feels different now and never take that one last bite. Good luck and keep trying.

Yes, Jewe1 is SO right,,, the full feelings are so much different now,,, our new full feelings will be felt up under or behind our boobs. It was SO weird for me and I had a couple of really bad weeks when my band was full enough to be working for me. There are still times that I "think" I'm hungry,,, my mind plays games with me. Like last week, I was completely made because I wanted a cheeseburger and couldn't have one. bread for me is horrible,,, I think a few bites will be ok and then I really pay for it with the pain. meats and chicken are tricky also. They seem to fill you up faster, or give you that tight feeling,,, and yes,,, most definitely,,, when you feel that, DON'T put another bit in your mouth,,, it's not worth it. There are days that I struggle so much wanting something I shouldn't have,,, and as strange as this sounds,,, to deal with the head hunger,,, I will put something in my mouth,,, enjoy the taste and spit it out in a napkin. Sorta makes me feel like I'm cheating the system without really doing it. Good luck to all of you just getting started,,, there are going to be good and bad days,,, but hey,,, it's a journey that's worth taking!

I have found that the knot just behind the breast bone is the warning sign to me that I'm full and had better stop eating before I become miserable. My wife and I (she is not banded - I am) have had great success consuming a liquid Protein bullet in the moring for Breakfast, a Protein shake for lunch and homemade Soups for dinner. We typically have a sugar free popsicle for a night time snack. Because my wife is not banded she needs a little more to maintain that full feeling. She supplements by eating more Soup at lunch, cottage cheese, or Jello pudding cups. I have been good by adding a bannana each day and a few sugar free coffee nips.

Each Sunday I cook enough homemade stew and Soups for the week. I puree the stews and soups to get the blend I need when I am on full liquid. Stewed meats are easy to consume (but I am careful to hold down the quantity.)

The IDS New whey Liquid Protein (Bullet) is what I take each morning that really helps curb my appetite. Tastes a little like flavored medicine, but really worth it.

http://www.fitnessfirstusa.com/details.asp?item=2426

The Protein shakes I make are: Progressive Harmonized Protein

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/progressive/harmonizedprotein.html

You can get these at the Sunflower Shoppe in Fort Worth. Web site has addresses and maps.

http://www.sunflowershoppe.com/index.html

They have on-line coupons (for example 25% off any one item). They are a bit expensive on the IDS bullets, but may be worthwhile if you want to try just a few to be sure you can live with them. The Protein powder at regular price is about the same as ordering by the time you add the shipping. If you use the coupon, it’s cheaper. Just read that on the first Tuesday of each month you get 25% off Vitamins, protein powders, etc. You should try it.