Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Friends!

I am also offically banded! Went in at 7am and home by 2pm.

I was very nervous this morning and so very glad when I woke up.

I am sore..sorta feels like I got punched in the gut. The pain med Lortab is wonderful and helping, as is walking a bit. I'm not having terrible gas pains at this point. Hope it stays that way.

I am so ready to be active and healthy again. I went in this morning weighing 248lbs. I can't wait to be who I feel inside and do all the things I used to and more.

I feel so blessed for this opportunity to better myself. I know not everyone has this option. I hope and pray that I make the right choices and don't end up having this for nothing. I don't think I will..guess I am just a little afraid of failure. Anyone else having those thoughts or am I just being crazy????

Kudos to all you strong people!!!

I hope to put up some pics soon and a ticker ....I'm not very good at this stuff but I will try.

Take care everyone! God Bless! :smile2:

MissCherita, the excess weight is due to all the IV fluids you get in the hospital. It will pass. I was up 2lb when I first came home on saturday, now I am down almost 11! Hang in there.

I was banded on the 23rd. I feel pretty good the only pain I have is the port area it's a little tender. I started pureed foods yesterday. Seems weird to get full on 2oz of chicken puree.

Hello my Peeps ;-)

was banded yesterday , feel a little sore but other than that fine , besides the gas went in to my right side of the face (dont ask how the heck that happend ), when u touch certain spots it feels like rice crispie treats LOL , and i had a hernia repair ...so glad its done and over with

Cant get these tricker to work

i am 5'9

Highest W : 268

Pre OP : 250

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN YEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:thumbup::eek:

I really need to stay off the scale I must admit, I was totally confused as to why I weight more then I did when I was going into surgery. I was 249 according to the hospital scale and according to my home scale I weight 255... hmmmmmmmm. Im liking the 249 better! Anyone else having the same issue, could it be the gas they put in me for surgery?? I haven't eaten ANYTHING since the day before surgery so I don't know why the scale is going up...... SOMEBODY....ANYBODY FILL ME IN!!!!!

I am going through the same thing. On the morning of 2/23, I weighed 259 the morning of surgery at the hospital and now I am hovering around 263. It is all due to the IV fluids they pumped into us during surgery and we just have not flushed everything out. The scale will move. I have been very good with my Water, shakes and Soup so I know, know, know in my mind that there is no way that I consumed 14,000 calories of fat in the last 4 days, considering I've been taking in less than 800 calories a day since then. It is humanly impossible for me to gain weight, so I know everything will even out soon. It just takes certian people time to adjust! Hang in there, girl! It will be ok!

Me too i weigh 4 lbs more than before surgery , its frustrating but guess normal i am trying NOT to weigh myself again for the next few days :cursing:

Good Morning My Peeps :w00t:

How is everyone doing after Surgery , for myself i can say im doing good , went back to work after 4 days recovery so everything went pretty smooth for me thank god !

But now im starting to feel Hungry and i wont get my first fill till March 25 th :sad:

Would like to hear from you all :smile2:

Any updates???? Ill start..

I went from 278 to 218.. 60lbs lost

Size 18 or 20 to 12 or 14

Shirt XL to Med. or Large

Bad part..... I need to exercise soooo bad. I have been so lazy. I need some motivation!!!!

Miss Cherita - Wow - you rock girl. Keep up the good work and start that exercise so you make it all the way to goal.

I had a fill yesterday and doctor advised me to start exercising too.

We can do it.

As of this morning, I'm down 69 lbs from my 2/23 surgery date.

Starting pant size was a 22. I'm now comfortably in a 16 and just bought a pair of 14's that are a little snug, but still fit. I am now in a regular XL rather than 2X Plus sizes.

I am thrilled with my progress!