Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2010

I just got my phone call and they scheduled my surgery. Looking at April 5th. :lol:

I have started my sleep diary for the sleep study and that is the last thing that I have to do, other than the 2nd consult and the labwork. :thumbup:

Think I'm starting to get nervous, it's not completly hit me, I don't think. :blush: I was just sitting here trying to decide if I should just try one more diet. :) I just want my life back. Now to work on the inside stuff!

Anyone else out there looking at an April banding?

I am tentative for the 9th. I too am nervous as heck! But I know this is the right decision for me and my family. Good luck to you two, Wayno

I'm tentatively scheduled for 4/1, but that might be changed to 4/15. I will know for sure within a day or so.

Received my approval from insurance a couple days ago and my doctor's office said they are scheduling my surgery in April. I am guessing it will be around the middle of the month. I am nervous too and am so hoping that this is the right decision for me. :smile2:

Surgery is scheduled for 4/22/10........seems like forever, but it will probably be here quicker than I think!

My sugery is also scheduled for 4/22. I have completed everything pre op except for my blood work and my 10% I am having a hard time with that. does anyone have any suggestions? I only have just over 4weeks to get off 10 lbs. I don't have a special pre op diet until 2 days before surgery so it can pretty much be anything. I am thinking of doing Atkins.< /p>

weight.png

Edited by jillsko1

This is what I am doing and pounds are slowly dropping. I am drinking ONE Protein Shake a day (for Lunch) in order to get my body use to only drinking for an extended period of time. As I didn't want my body to go in shock when I have no other choice (as it did when I initially replace food with a drink - it was hard). It gets easier each day, and I am totally confident that when it comes time for my 2 week liquid diet I don't forsee any issues with it. At least doing it before my preop, I am testing different kinds to find out which one I enjoy the most.

Ginger61, Thank you for your reply. I think you may be on to something. I belive the 4 weeks post op are going to be very difficult and the quicker you can get used to it now the easier it will be. I am going into this whole process as a lifestyle CHANGE. I have lost weight on other diets but never completed the process and inturn failed all of them. I know now that there is no quick fix and I am going to have to put in the work but, I am ready and willing to do what it takes. I just wasn't expecting to be approved so quickly and therefore have 10 lbs that needs to be gone before April 20. I would love to lose more then that before then but 10 is my goal. I think the shakes are a great idea and will put them into practice along with another program. Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know how to get a ticker?

Thank yoweight.pngu Anne!

You guys can definitely loose the necessary 10lbs! I started a pre-op diet on 3/10 consisting of: 3 shakes made with Isopure Protein powder, 1 serving of sugarfree Jello pudding with Isopure powder added to it, and a couple servings of broth in the evening. I am also making sure that I drink at least 64oz of Water per day. When I got on the scale this morning I saw that I have lost 10lbs already in the past 5 days! Granted, it is just Water weight, but it is still 10lbs! (Started this process at 325, started the pre-op diet at 328, weighed 318 this morning)

Good luck to all of us! April is just around the corner!

Edited by montynic

:rolleyes:I will be having the surgery on April 1st. I started the pre-op diet last Friday, March 12th.(My daughter's 10th b-day) No cake for me! I have two Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch and 4oz. of meat and green veggies and one cup of fruit for supper. Lots and lots of Water and Crystal Light. I'm HUNGRY! I have to keep telling myself that it is worth it. But at the same time I am a little sad that I am losing my "old life" and getting to eat whatever I want. But, it has to be worth it. I do not remember a time when I was thin but they say it feels pretty good. It better be GREAT to beat an all you can eat Chinese buffet.

The emotions are crazy. I am scared, sad, excited and anxious. Sometimes I think I don't wanna do it. Other times I am just ready to get it done. I want to feel full again. lol! By the way, since Friday the 12th I have gone from 320.5 to 306. So just starve and you can get those 10 pounds gone. LOL

Edited by langes21
Forgot to tell my starting weight.

langes21~ Looks like you and I are getting banded on the same day... Hooray for 4/1!! Congrats on the pre-op diet weight loss. I started mine on the 10th and have dropped from 328 to 315. Only 15 more days! Hopefully we can stay in touch :cursing: