Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5-day Pouch Test- Menu suggestions?

So, after reading the link a poster provided on the 5-day pouch test, I've decided that today is day 1 for me. The thing is, there weren't too many things listed for the menu. Has anyone done this already that they can look at my planned foods for the next 5 days to make sure I'm doing this right? I haven't eaten yet (WAY tight in the morning), so if there's something I shouldn't be eating I can definitely change up....

Thanks for your input!

Days 1 and 2 (liquids, liquid protein)

Breakfast: Yogurt

Snack: Muscle Milk Light (15g of protein)

Lunch: sugar free pudding with scoop of Protein Powder (24 g protein)

Snack: apple sauce

Dinner: sugar free pudding with scoop of Protein powder (24 g protein)

SF popsicles, lots of Water, Decaf tea

Day 3 (soft protein)

Breakfast: Egg beaters with melted cheese

Snack: 2% cottage cheese w/pineapple

Lunch: Canned chicken recipe w/ buffalo sauce/ff blue cheese

Snack: String Cheese

Dinner: Egg beaters w/ melted cheese

Day 4 (ground meats)

Breakfast: ground turkey with salsa

Lunch: Meatloaf slice

Dinner: salisbury steak (w/ ground turkey)

(allergic to fish!)

Day 5 (solid proteins)

Breakfast: baked chicken

Lunch: sirloin pepper steak (yummy healthy crockpot recipe)

Dinner: Crockpot ranch chicken

Does this look right? Anyone have any other suggestions? I want to be sure I'm doing this right, but there aren't too many ideas on the actual site (Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test)

Thanks for your help!!! :)

I provided the link above if you want to look at the explanation. Lots of people on lapband talk have tried it. Basically to get back to basics, shrink your pouch a bit and really curbs the cravings for bad things from what I hear....

I'm willing to do anything to feel some kind of restriction and re-kick start my weight loss.

This sounds interesting. I may try it next week after my fill on Tuesday.

The point of this is to reset your band and get yourself in gear. It's to help get the cravings out your system so that you can get back on track with your band.

Hi there,

I received a couple messages asking for the recipes I mentioned in my previous thread (chicken and the pepper steak), so I thought I'd post them for everyone. Here they are. Enjoy!

Crockpot Ranch Chicken

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts

8 tablespoons garlic and herb marinade

2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix

1/4 cup of Water

Directions: Pour Water in the bottom of the crockpot. Add frozen chicken. Combine marinade and ranch dressing mix then pour over top of chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Calories: 318, Fat: 7.34 grams Protein: 55.28 grams

Slow Cooker Pepper Steak

Ingredients:

2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips

garlic powder to taste

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cube beef bouillon

1/4 cup hot water

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped

1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with liquid

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1 teaspoon white sugar

1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.

2. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.

3. Cover, and cook high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Calories: 302 Total Fat: 15.8 g Protein 28.2 g

JuliansMom..Im so going to do this starting tomarrow (after my fill of course) Here goes nothing, right ?

Question though, what is Lunch: Canned chicken recipe w/ buffalo sauce/ff blue cheese

JuliansMom..Im so going to do this starting tomarrow (after my fill of course) Here goes nothing, right ?

Question though, what is Lunch: Canned chicken recipe w/ buffalo sauce/ff blue cheese

I got this off the food/nutrition section of LBT:

Buffalo chicken salad

Ingredients:

1 can shredded chicken breast

buffalo wing sauce to your liking

2 tbsp low fat/fat free blue cheese dressing

2 tbsp light cream cheese

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together except the cream cheese. Put in the microwave with the cream cheese on top so it melts on it. You can serve with baked tortilla chips or have alone.

Let me know how you like it! I'm going to try it for the first time on Saturday!!

Oh Juliansmom - I want to thank you for the recipes. I am just 4 days post-op and have been struggling to gag down these Protein Shakes. I look forward to trying these meals in about a month.

Oh Juliansmom - I want to thank you for the recipes. I am just 4 days post-op and have been struggling to gag down these Protein shakes. I look forward to trying these meals in about a month.

You're soooo welcome, Ready! I have a ton more--take a look at the attached ;-)!

Best of luck on your recovery!!!

RECIPES.pdf

You're soooo welcome, Ready! I have a ton more--take a look at the attached ;-)!

Best of luck on your recovery!!!

hey friend juliansmom Im going 2 definite use those receipies starting next week. n Im going 2 join u n doing the pouch test starting 2morrow. can u repost the reciepes 2 my email so that I can always have them? dowhatitdo1@yahoo.com. I wish u all the best with the test. arent u scheduled for a fill soon? if so u might nt want 2 do the test bc if u shrink ur pouch n they try n give u a fill ur nt going 2 b able 2 get enough ccs. Im just asking let me know what u think. I dnt mean any harm I wnt u 2 b very successful.

Hi Tiff! I'll email you the recipes tomorrow (left my laptop at work). Yes my fill is in 3 weeks and I didn't even think about it. I'll see what happens I guess cause I already started lol

Thanks Juliansmom--getting a fill this afternoon and am definitely going to start things off right with this pouch test. Have been plateaued for 3+ months and need a jump start! Really appreciate you posting the recipe PDF too!

hello,

ok I have a quick question with the 5 day pounch is it to retrain your band or to assist in a weight loss? I was just banded 4 months ago and my diet is pretty still in tact but I am interested in trying the 5 day pounch diet if it may produce a small weight loss? Has anyone tried the diet and had a success story?