Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just banded last wednesday

Well...tired of the shakes, pain in my shoulder??? Gas pains and Im hungry. Cant wait to eat some cream of wheat tomorrow!@!:confused:

Well...tired of the shakes, pain in my shoulder??? Gas pains and Im hungry. Cant wait to eat some cream of wheat tomorrow!@!:confused:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

Mashed potatoes never tasted so good as the day I could eat mushies!

It does get better!

Congratulations! Don't worry the pain will go away. I hurt from shoulder pain in the hospital so bad I cried and paced the halls all night. Morphine, toradol and percocet gave minimal relieve and for a short period of time. It took a whole week for me to be able to sleep in bed. Don't eat too fast because it will cause the pain to come back once you do get rid of it.

I was banded last Wednesday too!! I guess I'm lucky I never got the shoulder pain, but I sure did / do have horrible gas. My stomach was so swollen the first couple of days it was ridiculous. I'm starting to feel better now, and I'm counting the days til I can eat food again!! ( the good news is I've lost 11 lbs since the day before my surgery!)

weight.png

Edited by sbs

I was banded last Tuesday and I'm jealous! My tummy is still learning how to handle a 2 oz shake! I didn't have much gas pain though but tons of nausea. Enjoy your cream of wheat! I can't wait for the day I can try it!

Hi, I'm sorry I might be going about this the wrong way since I just joined the site, but I was just banded on Friday (major shoulder pain too) and the menu I was given said I should be eating cream of wheat right now. Is that not right? I came on here because I'm totally confused on what I am supposed to be eating right now and how much of it, so please any advice would be very, very welcome. :confused:

Jaime, everyone's doctor is different. Regardless of what you read here, it's important that you stick to your doc's instructions.

Good luck!

i was just banded last wed 1/27/10 and im supposed to do liquid diet for 2 wks the dietician said after 3 days i could have sf pudding and yogurt. spoke to them today and they said i could blend a banana into my protien shakes as well. a lil variety!

ive lost 8 lbs so far

i was banded yesterday and i did 3 days clear liquid prior. now for 2 weeks im on full liquids including mashed potatoes and cream of wheat so def follow your dr's instructions. i have the shoulder and gas pains. i hyperventalated a little coming out of anesthia and had some nausea last night. today im doing pretty good w my pain meds though

week one liquids (described by my doctor as anything that will fit through a straw but without using one)

week two mushy foods

week three solids

well thanks for all your stories and support its nice to not be alone!

Today was much better. Less shoulder pain, and the gas is just about gone, thank god! I have eaten pureed beef voulte Soup and yogurt and cream of wheat in the last two days!! It was all awesome. I cant eat much, but I still get hungry pretty quickly, maybe I will need an adjustment soon, or Im not drinking enough water! I dont know how much I have lost but I have a check up this friday...hope it a big number! This shoulder thing is coming and going....I cant wait to get rid of it its worse than my stomach!:(

well thanks for all your stories and support its nice to not be alone!

Today was much better. Less shoulder pain, and the gas is just about gone, thank god! I have eaten pureed beef voulte Soup and yogurt and cream of wheat in the last two days!! It was all awesome. I cant eat much, but I still get hungry pretty quickly, maybe I will need an adjustment soon, or Im not drinking enough water! I dont know how much I have lost but I have a check up this friday...hope it a big number! This shoulder thing is coming and going....I cant wait to get rid of it its worse than my stomach!:thumbup:

Good luck with the followup appt. Let us know how much you lost. I don't see the surgeon for 4 weeks post-op. I am hoping for a big number as well. My problem is, I want to see results immediately. I know it's a slow process, but I'm still anxious.:smile2:

my main problem is that i don't really know when i'm hungry or not. lol i know that sounds weird but because i know my body is readjusting and as my sister said, i'm having to relearn my bodys signals. sometimes ill eat a few bites of mashed potatoes just so i feel full then all of the sudden i feel hungry like an hour later. then sometimes i dont get hungry at all. i don't know. but i did talk to the dr from my support group today & she said that as long as i'm eating 5 small meals (even though its only a few bites at a time) i should be just fine

I'm sorry to hear all of you have the shoulder pain but happy to know that it is normal mine comes and goes too. My one week is tomorrow!!