Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Examples of a mushy day diet

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a sample of what they ate in the mushy phase of there recovery. I am on day 2 of mushies and not sure if I am eating too much.

Today I had a shake for Breakfast (which I am slowly begining to hate) and some OJ. lunch was 6 oz of cottage cheese. I am still hungry and I know I will eat again before dinner. Why am I so hungry.

A sample breakfast, lunch and dinner would be so helpful. Also approx quantities.

Thanks in advance...I am just getting a bit down and kind of crabby. I know I wanted the band but now that I have it I am not so sure.

Well, I have a pureed food phase and then a soft phase...not sure which one would match up with what you are calling mushy, but here is what I'm currently on. In this phase I'm supposed to have 6 small meals a day, all less than 1 cup per (the exception is the Protein shake).

Sample pureed day:

Breakfast:

1 cup Protein shake OR

6 oz yogurt OR

1/2 cup cream of wheat Cereal made with skim milk and 1/2 scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder mixed in

Morning snack:

1/2 cup high Protein pudding OR

1/2 cup cottage cheese OR

1/2 cup applesauce

Lunch:

3/4 cup cottage cheese OR

1/2 cup high protein mashed potatoes

Snack:

1/2 cup Protein Shake

Dinner:

1/4 cup pureed meat and 1/2 cup mashed potatoes OR

3/4 cup cream Soup (I add Protein Powder to it) OR

Any of the above

Snack:

1/2 cup high protein Jello OR

any of the above

I have made two 'real' meals since being on this phase, which were both quite yummy and can easily fit in your diet given you eat less than a cup of either for your meal:

I made loaded potato Soup. I just pureed my serving but all the yummy flavor was there - and I used low fat ingredients where I could. Also mixed in some protein powder.< /p>

Also I made shepard's pie which was basically lean ground turkey, creamed corn, and mashed potatoes on top.

If you are feeling hungry between meals make sure you are getting your protein, and make sure not every meal is full of carbs. If I have carbs, I try to have them in only one meal (like the potatoes). I also drink some Isopure because that has a good amount of protein in it.

Good luck!

Hmmm, trying to remember:

Breakfast I usually had 1/2 cup eggbeaters with some melted cheese or 6 ounce Light N Fit Yogurt

lunch (or snack), I had a sugar free Swiss Miss pudding cup with one scoop of chocolate Protein powder and a tbsp of fat free cool whip (YUM!)

dinner, I'd have mashed potatoes, pureed green Beans or chicken salad made with canned chicken breast, reduced fat mayo and a little salt and pepper.

Of course, Protein shakes were always in there :-)!!

Hope this helps!

one of my favorite soft food meals is fat free refried Beans w/ melted cheddar cheese and enchalada sauce!! yay for mexican :-)

I tried adding Protein to hot food and it just didn't work for me. I added no flavored Protein to crystal light if I needed to get in more protein.

Well, I have a pureed food phase and then a soft phase...not sure which one would match up with what you are calling mushy, but here is what I'm currently on. In this phase I'm supposed to have 6 small meals a day, all less than 1 cup per (the exception is the Protein shake).

Sample pureed day:

Breakfast:

1 cup Protein shake OR

6 oz yogurt OR

1/2 cup cream of wheat Cereal made with skim milk and 1/2 scoop of unjury protein powder mixed in

Morning snack:

1/2 cup high protein pudding OR

1/2 cup cottage cheese OR

1/2 cup applesauce

Lunch:

3/4 cup cottage cheese OR

1/2 cup high protein mashed potatoes

Snack:

1/2 cup Protein Shake

Dinner:

1/4 cup pureed meat and 1/2 cup mashed potatoes OR

3/4 cup cream Soup (I add protein powder to it) OR

Any of the above

Snack:

1/2 cup high protein Jello OR

any of the above

I have made two 'real' meals since being on this phase, which were both quite yummy and can easily fit in your diet given you eat less than a cup of either for your meal:

I made loaded potato soup. I just pureed my serving but all the yummy flavor was there - and I used low fat ingredients where I could. Also mixed in some protein powder.

Also I made shepard's pie which was basically lean ground turkey, creamed corn, and mashed potatoes on top.

If you are feeling hungry between meals make sure you are getting your protein, and make sure not every meal is full of carbs. If I have carbs, I try to have them in only one meal (like the potatoes). I also drink some Isopure because that has a good amount of protein in it.

Good luck!

Great List. Thanks.

I pureed a can of peas and added a packet of unjury Protein powder which added 20 g proten this yeilded 4 - 2 oz servings

Made a tuna salad with albacore tuna and 1 tsp of reduced fat mayonaise

pureed chicken

Pureen a can of pears, added the Unjury unflavored Protein powder.

My doc told me to use canned fruits/veggies as they would be easier on the stomach. Make sure you drain the majority of the liquid out otherwise it's a mess!!

unsweetened applesauce wth added protein

sugar free pudding with added protein

Best of luck!!!

I am post op week 3 and my doc already has me on week 4 foods. =)

I would crock pot a LOT of boneless chicken breast with some Mrs. Dash and cook it until it was easy to shred with yuor fingers or just thro in a food processor. I would keep my pureed meat in fridge all week to make getting real food easy to make all week. I made a pureed BBq chicken and added some canned green Beans for fibe and added Water to my BBQ Sauce so it wasnt so sugary. I have made salsa chicken with cheese. I have made chicken salad, Teryaki chicken, Chicken and cheese scrambled eggs, enchilada chicken without the tortilla.

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a sample of what they ate in the mushy phase of there recovery. I am on day 2 of mushies and not sure if I am eating too much.

Today I had a shake for breakfast (which I am slowly begining to hate) and some OJ. lunch was 6 oz of cottage cheese. I am still hungry and I know I will eat again before dinner. Why am I so hungry.

A sample breakfast, lunch and dinner would be so helpful. Also approx quantities.

Thanks in advance...I am just getting a bit down and kind of crabby. I know I wanted the band but now that I have it I am not so sure.

Buyers remorse...I hear a lot of people say that during this phase. Hold tight, you'll be happy you did it again soon! Good luck on the mushies...maybe you need more Fluid in your band.

I am on mushies right now I drink a shake for bfast and one right before I go to gym... I eat apple sauce, refried Beans, Soup found great receipes In the bandwagon cookery cook book... got mine on Amazon has tons of great receipes and she has amendments to some for liquid phases and pureed phases has been a life saver... scrambled eggs...chilli, dr says chicken salad but I am not that brave yet....cottage cheese.. yogart..etc

My doc is a lot more lenient I guess, I'm on my second week of mushy foods and he said the crock pot is wonderful during this time. I can have veggies and chicken as long as they are soft so I cook them all day and chew them up really well. I had refried Beans one night with a little salsa (puréed) and lowfat cheese melted in, I also have a lot of cottage cheese but I smash up a few slices of fresh Tomato without the skin and put that in with a dash of salt and pepper. I try to eat something Protein with each meal because the shakes now make me vomit. :( I can also have tofu and hummus, my doctor actually suggested those. Of course I love hummus with pita but I'm fine having it by itself, it's a great source of Fiber and protein as well. I have a little over a week left on mushy foods and trust me, I'm have the same feelings you are but I know it will get better. Hang in there! :)

Buyers remorse...I hear a lot of people say that during this phase. Hold tight' date=' you'll be happy you did it again soon! Good luck on the mushies...maybe you need more Fluid in your band.[/quote']

I had a lot of meatballs. Tomato sauce and also sweet and sour ones

Write down calories if u t not sure if its too much. Remember that this will pass. Hang in there