Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I weigh myself everyday as well...when u work at a doctors office its so tempting to get on the scale..the scale at home i barley use go figure lol

today is my one week post op..and I have been weighing myself every single day...this is bad since now Im kinda depressed and down because I have only lost 6 lbs..and today when I weighed myself I had gained 1 lb...so Im feeling very bad....maybe when I get the fill I will be loosing more weight....I will be trying to weigh my self once a week to see if that does a better differnce

today is my one week post op..and I have been weighing myself every single day...this is bad since now Im kinda depressed and down because I have only lost 6 lbs..and today when I weighed myself I had gained 1 lb...so Im feeling very bad....maybe when I get the fill I will be loosing more weight....I will be trying to weigh my self once a week to see if that does a better differnce

Don't get depressed about this - this is COMPLETELY normal. In fact, when you move on to mushies, you may even see a slight gain. Once you start getting the fills you will notice more of a loss. You've probably still got a bit of swelling and really - it's not uncommon to not lose much (if at all) immediately after surgery. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry - I remember feeling the same way. In fact, I couldn't understand how BEFORE surgery I was consistently losing and then once banded, I just stopped losing....keep doing as you are supposed to and the scale will start moving again.

I used to weigh myself every day, but now I only weigh once a week on Mondays.

I used to be obsessed with the scale when I dieted. I think the reason I'm not now is because I'm not dieting.

You really should not weigh yourself very often. It is not an accurate representation of your progress. However, you DO need some point of reference, but that could be one of many things, including change in clothing tightness, etc.

But, some people just feel comfortable attaching a number to their progress, so if you feel that way, weigh yourself once a week, but no more.

I went for at least a year pre-band without ever getting on a scale. I knew I would not be happy with the numbers and I would just beat myself up.

Now post band, I weigh about 5-6 times a week and it feels great to do it! I always weigh naked just before I get in the shower. I may wait a day or 2 before I update my ticker just to make sure that pound or 2 is really gone.

I just want to let you posters know that i loved this thread! I do all these tricks: the four/five morning weigh-ins, the obsession with the number (even in the 1/10 place) and especially the stepping on the outer edges for the lesser number (that one's my favorite!)

I know everyone says its really unhealthy to weigh yourself every morning, but I actually just read an article that discussed a study that showed people who weighed themselves daily maintained a lower weight than people who weighed themselves weekly or even less frequently. So even though it is probably psychologically destabilizing to weigh ourselves every morning, we may be doing ourselves a favor in the long run! No need to feel guilty.

Sometimes I weigh myself when I get up and then pee and then weigh again just to see the difference. I have even weighed after doing "the other" too, just to see the difference. It is a weird, weird sickness. My scale is 1 pound up from my docs.

U can drive yourself insane with the scale. It's evil. I used to be obsessed. I mean if I had a BM I would weigh myself. Crazy? So I do take my measurements and redo them 1x a month. Weigh once a week is the most we should get on but I find the glory in feeling my clothes falling off and inches coming off like the ab area. Numbers are numbers but how I look and feel is what counts...

I am very proud of my self...I did not weigh myself today!!! my scale in in the closet and I wont take it out until next week

I weigh every Friday morning first thing. My surgery was on a Friday so that is my day. I don't weigh anywhere else other than the drs office. I find that this way I don't get frustrated with different weights.

Hi, my name is Bob and I am a weighaholic.

CROWD: Hi Bob!

I try to weigh myself only once a week but I am addicted to stripping down and getting on the DAMN scale every morning. I have been losing a lot of weight but there are mornings in between where I gain 3 or 4 pounds and it spoils my entire day. I know that the next morning it will be 4 or 5 pound lighter but it just doesn't register.

Then there are days like today when the scale says, "298.2" and I think about not eating Breakfast or taking my medication until after I go to the bathroom again just because I want to see "297".

I came to my senses by reminding myself that this isn't a race and I will probably be less tomorrow or the next day.

My nutritionist recommended weighing once a month. That is not going to happen :thumbup:

Bob,

I do the same thing. Every day.

I have found I do not have a weight, I have a weight range. The range is about 6 pounds wide. (That is about 3/4ths of a gallon of Water, or 6 bottles of Dasani water)

My range is from bloated to dehydrated. If i weigh after the gym, I am 2 to 3 pounds lighter. If I weigh at night, I am 2 pound heavier. The range moves though, and the weight I log is the lowest I see.

Last sunday, I saw 317 after 1.5 hours sweating at the gym and being dehydrated. Wednesday, I saw 324 in the evening. This morning I saw 319 after the gym but not dehydrated.

Funny how it works.

I weigh several times a day. But I don't let it affect me, I let it motivate me. If I am up a little, I work harder at the gym. I lay off a little in the calories, but mostly, I do the same thing every day.

My body shape has changed though and I can feel differences even when the scale holds.

Some people have to stay off the scales, but I like seeing the numbers. I guess to each his or her own....

Good luck to all

TJ

OMG, I was just talking to my hubby about my scale obsession the other day!! I weigh several times a day and will get myself all upset because of a stinking pound or two, even though my clothes are hangin off of me now! Funny how I used to roll my eyes at the skinny folks who whined "Oh, I gained 2 lbs!" and now I'm doing it. It's so pathetic. I'm really trying not to, but I think the only think that will keep me from weighing myself is if some one hides the scale!!! And I have a problem looking in the mirror every day several times a day to see if I can see changes anywhere...guess someone needs to hide the mirror too!

I don't care what anybody advises me to do, I weigh EVERY day also! I strip off the nightie and hop on - I actually wake up every morning looking forward to doing it! I think it reassures me every day that this is not all a dream and, yes, I really have lost all that weight. I may be a scale whore but I'm a happy one!:thumbup:

I am one of those people that weighs twice a day. Once in the morning right when I go up, and once at night right before I go to bed. I usually take the average of the two as my weight for the day. But I don't log my weight every day. I only log on Fridays. My scale also measures body fat percentage, muscle mass, bone mass, and Water mass. I do those every other week. With those, I don't really pay attention to the numbers so much, as with the directions that they are going. That part is kinda fun to see. But even though I weigh myself multiple times a day, I don't let it get to my head too much. I always take into account whether I've had too much sodium, not enough water, or if I've worked out that day.