Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious what system or schedules people have to weigh themselves? Like how often? Where? I go each month for a visit to the doc's and also have a scale at work. I just recently got another scale for my house. I don't want to drive myself crazy everyday but the temptation is there always to take a peek.

Yes weighing yourself all the time is tempting for sure. I weigh myself once a week at home. When I first get up, after using the bathroom. I believe this is the most accurate weight because what you have had to drink or eat isn't a factor. According to my doctor I have lost 3 less pounds then on my scale but it's close enough for me.

Yes weighing yourself all the time is tempting for sure. I weigh myself once a week at home. When I first get up, after using the bathroom. I believe this is the most accurate weight because what you have had to drink or eat isn't a factor. According to my doctor I have lost 3 less pounds then on my scale but it's close enough for me.
yea that's what drives me crazy. My doctor has 2 offices and then I have the scale at work and everytime I am wearing something different like either workk boots or jeans instead of shorts. So I keep seeing different numbers but as long as the number keeps going down I really don't care which is exactly right hahaha

I weigh once a week, first thing in the morning and then I am weighed when I go to the doctor. If I have to go to another doctor I don't even consider their scales since they are all different. My official scale is the one at home which weighs the same as my doctor's.

I weigh once a week, first thing in the morning and then I am weighed when I go to the doctor. If I have to go to another doctor I don't even consider their scales since they are all different. My official scale is the one at home which weighs the same as my doctor's.

That is what I will have to do, after my next appointment I will have to come right home and see what my home scale says, in the same clothes.

I consider my scale the 'official' scale. I know from all my dieting on WW that its best not to weigh more than once/week, but I'm too curious at this point to not weigh more often. So, I weigh pretty much every other morning right now (empty and in a lightweight nightgown). I do not weigh at other times of the day because there are too many variables (clothing, food you just ate/drank, etc.).

I think my scale may actually be off a little bit in that it says I am a little bit heavier than any doctor's scale I get on (or WW when I was doing that). But, I like that because then I am never upset by the number I see when I'm going for my appointments. ;->

My doc says once a week. I have to it do at the gym because I'm still too heavy for my home scale to register :thumbup: and I refuse to buy a new one! They do weigh me at the docs of course, but my doc is more interested in what I'm weighing at home. I do struggle with the temptation to weigh myself more often, but I know that is only self-sabotaging. I'm trying to focus more on how I feel and how my clothes are fitting.

i was just talking to a co-worker on Tuesday about this...I am obsessed with the scale! i have always, always weighed myself twice A DAY! Morning and night...It's a sickness! When I was 346 lbs, I still weighed myself daily to see how much I had gained or lost. I have actually gone out to a store that was open 24hrs and purchased a scale when mine broke late at night....

I have made a decision to remove my scale from my house and take to my mothers. I see her once a week. This is a huge step for me.

FYI...my scale now weighs at 1/10th of a pound:unsure:

thanks everyone for you insight. I would love to say I will only weigh myself once a week but I know I will take a peek from time to time, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one lol

thanks everyone for you insight. I would love to say I will only weigh myself once a week but I know I will take a peek from time to time, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one lol

Hi, my name is Bob and I am a weighaholic.

CROWD: Hi Bob!

I try to weigh myself only once a week but I am addicted to stripping down and getting on the DAMN scale every morning. I have been losing a lot of weight but there are mornings in between where I gain 3 or 4 pounds and it spoils my entire day. I know that the next morning it will be 4 or 5 pound lighter but it just doesn't register.

Then there are days like today when the scale says, "298.2" and I think about not eating Breakfast or taking my medication until after I go to the bathroom again just because I want to see "297".

I came to my senses by reminding myself that this isn't a race and I will probably be less tomorrow or the next day.

My nutritionist recommended weighing once a month. That is not going to happen :thumbup:

Hi, my name is Bob and I am a weighaholic.

CROWD: Hi Bob!

I try to weigh myself only once a week but I am addicted to stripping down and getting on the DAMN scale every morning. I have been losing a lot of weight but there are mornings in between where I gain 3 or 4 pounds and it spoils my entire day. I know that the next morning it will be 4 or 5 pound lighter but it just doesn't register.

Then there are days like today when the scale says, "298.2" and I think about not eating Breakfast or taking my medication until after I go to the bathroom again just because I want to see "297".

I came to my senses by reminding myself that this isn't a race and I will probably be less tomorrow or the next day.

My nutritionist recommended weighing once a month. That is not going to happen :thumbup:

I told myself the same thing, that I will only weigh myself at the doc's office once a month. Yea fat chance!

Bob - you are not alone - I play those same crazy mind games with myself, LOL.

I'm ashamed to say - I weight myself EVERY morning after going to the bathroom, before eating/drinking anything....and normally, I get on the scale like 4 times in a row just to make sure the number is consistent (since some days I get on and will get a different reading every time?)....it's sad, but I just can't stop myself:wink2:

Bob - you are not alone - I play those same crazy mind games with myself, LOL.

I'm ashamed to say - I weight myself EVERY morning after going to the bathroom, before eating/drinking anything....and normally, I get on the scale like 4 times in a row just to make sure the number is consistent (since some days I get on and will get a different reading every time?)....it's sad, but I just can't stop myself:wink2:

Do you step on the out edges of the scale because you found that it gives the lower weight? :thumbup:

LOL....no, I'll have to try that one. And sadly - if I get multiple (different) readings, I usually take the highest one (so I can beat myself up that day, LOL):thumbup:

Do you step on the out edges of the scale because you found that it gives the lower weight? :biggrin:

We all need help!!! I do all of those little things......:thumbup: