Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting banded on 1/27. I have tickets to a Shania Twain concert on 1/29 - just two days later. From your experience - will I feel ok enough to go?

:(

honestly, NO WAY! Maybe I was a slow healer, but I was dead to the world.:(

Wow, that is pretty quick! I could not have done it, but I am a total wimp when it comes to pain. Have you had any laparoscopic abdominal surgeries before? If so, that might be your best gauge.

Also, talk it over with your surgeon. For me, I think I'd be tempted to postpone the surgery a few days rather than risk wasting the tickets. Unless you know someone who will enjoy them if you cannot use them.

Besh wishes on your recover,

Denise

I eat pain for Breakfast and even I'd draw the line at that one. So definitely no. Unless you have squishy private box seats where it's physically impossible for anybody else to touch you, you will not be up to it.

I am not a wimp when it comes to pain but I say noway. Concerts take alot of energy.Its not the pain so much as the exaustion.

I hate to say it but no way! I was banded on 12-29-09 and the first 3-4 days for me where pretty uncomfortable. Even if you did go you probably would'nt enjoy it. Im so sorry about the timing.

Oh gosh, Im so sorry to say this, but no. :smile: After 2 days I still had a pain pump, by day 3 it was gone and the port pain developed. It does subside within the week, but I would be afraid of someone bumping into me at the concert, not to mention you might be a little light-headed from not eating alot. Maybe you could give your ticket to a friend as a gift? ;) Good luck on your surgery! Im sure by the time her next concert rolls around youll feel like you could give Shania a run for her money! :(

Oh, my! I had surgery on Monday, January 4. There is no way that I could stand to go to a concert tonight (2days later). I am still uncomfortable and I just don't think I would take the chance in something happening. Good luck on your decision!

Celia

I will disagree with the previous posters. I had surgery on Tuesday and went back to work on Friday...and COULD have gone back on Thursday but I figured I'd already arranged for the days off and hired a temp to cover my desk so what the heck! I took Thursday as well and went grocery shopping. I didn't pick up any bags, but other than that, it was business as usual.

I will modify my response to say, I would not have wanted to walk the distances that are sometimes involved with venues like concerts and sports arenas. Could someone drop you at or very near the door?

Avoid jostling because you don't want to fall.

Bear in mind that I have been called an Amazon, LOL. I took no paid meds at all post-op. I took a 1 mile walk the afternoon after I had surgery in the morning. When I say something hurts, someone else would likely be demanding pain meds. That's just me.

Bottom line, only you know you. We're all just on the outside looking in. Have you had any other outpatient surgery to compare to? Have you ever had an injury that laid some low but didn't really slow you down much?

I also could have managed a concert a couple of days later. This surgery was nothing by comparison to the c-sections I had. Very easy recovery, very little pain!

Another thing you should think about is do you have a hiatal hernia that will need to be repaired. I did have a large hernia that was fixed and I imagine that is probably where the pain and soreness is coming from, other than the port site. But my doctor did not know how large my hernia would be until he saw it. Good luck!

I wouldn't have been able to do it. Too tired along with the pain from my bra would have done me in. Unless, of course, you don't need to wear a bra :(

I have no problem with pain but I would not like to be around all those people so close to the surgery date. And I didn't have pain but I was tired...I slept for days! I say no and I can bet your DR would say the same thing.

I had my surgery on dec 28th, and was shopping the next morning...so I think everyone is different. I have not taken anything for pain since my surgery. Everyone is different...I am not saying you will feel like a million bucks, but you can certainly go to the concert feeling like $450,000.............onenuttynurse

I had an easy recovery, not much pain but the walk to the concert, to the seats, etc I wouldn't have been able to physically handle 2 days post op...