Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this isnt working at all. so many people make it sound so easy 2 stay focused n have the weight come off. then u have the smart asses that make u feel bad n by fussing at u if u make a mistake. this is way harder than I thought. weigh this, measure that, count this, drink drink, burn burn burn. that doesnt sound right, stop this...etc... I feel like a kid who cnt do anything right when I am really trying. No one here is perfect or u wouldnt b here, Im seeking help nt a lecture. nothing beats a failure but a try right? :-( smh...

This isnt easy, its frustrating, its hard and you are bound to make mistakes. I cried two weeks after my surgery everyday for a week and every once in a while I wish I didnt undergo this surgery. This is life changing and it takes time to make life changes.

You chose to have this surgery done that was the first step now you have to work hard to achieve your weight loss goal. Dont give up, because everyday is a new day to try again. It will get easier once you train yourself to follow the program outlined by your doctor.

Bottom line is you cannot give up! Remember the reasons why you had this surgery in the first place.

I know how u feel. I got really stressed because my insurance study group said weigh and measure evertthing but my doctor said don't worry about it just eat lots of protien and eat until ur full. Also the more u stress less u will lose. It will come off I have not lost in 2 months. I'm gonna start more exercise see if that works keep ur head up

The band is only a tool to assist you with the hard work that you have to do to be successful. It isn't easy street, nor is it a fast weight loss method. It involves all the things that you find hard to do; e.g. measuring, weighing, drinking, Protein, chewing, small portions, etc, etc.

Think back to WHY you wanted this done. Was it just to get skinny? Did you want better health? What was it that motivated you at the start. If it was just to lose weight and lose it fast, you should have thought about the bypass instead of band b/c it's faster even with all the problems you can have with it.

I think you are just overwhelmed right now. Re-group and start again with the right motivation you had at the start. You can do this thing. It just takes some really hard work. However, you aren't alone. We all have had moments of doubt and frustration. Hang in there.

yeah i think sometimes people get so preachy, but they really are just trying to help. :blushing:

Don't give up, be encouraged. Remember that there's no success without failure.

You're still new to this and the best thing you can do is be sure to not compare yourself to other people. Find foods you enjoy and stick with those.

For example, I like smoothies, I came up with one that I can sip for the better half of the day and get 64 grams of Protein while only 500 calories.

Or chicken and rice... I baked my rice in cream of chicken Soup and chicken broth to make sure it expands as much as possible so I can chew it without worrying if it's too much, or if it will expand in my stomach. Mix the rice and Soup together with some seasoning, throw some chicken on top and you have moist chicken and moist rice, also low calorie.

Or eggs with your Protein added, etc.. If you're stuck on recipe ideas or what to eat, I got a million of them. If your issue is time, I suggest a cooking day where you cook as much as possible on a saturday or sunday and then package for grab and go use.

The band is definitely NOT the easy way out, but it is a tool to help us get to where we want to be.

You're going to lose at your own pace, in your own way, and this journey is yours and yours alone. But if you need some help that's what we're here for my dear! :blushing:

I have felt the same way so many times. In the beginning I was not losing weight and I was getting very frustrated. I've learned not to compare myself to others and to try different things until I find what works. It's an ongoing struggle but we'll all get through it.

It took several fills (about 4) months before I felt any restriction. I thought the band wasn't working or that something was wrong with me. You just have to give it time.

I know how u feel. I got really stressed because my insurance study group said weigh and measure evertthing but my doctor said don't worry about it just eat lots of protien and eat until ur full. Also the more u stress less u will lose. It will come off I have not lost in 2 months. I'm gonna start more exercise see if that works keep ur head up

thanks oc mom!

The band is only a tool to assist you with the hard work that you have to do to be successful. It isn't easy street, nor is it a fast weight loss method. It involves all the things that you find hard to do; e.g. measuring, weighing, drinking, Protein, chewing, small portions, etc, etc.

Think back to WHY you wanted this done. Was it just to get skinny? Did you want better health? What was it that motivated you at the start. If it was just to lose weight and lose it fast, you should have thought about the bypass instead of band b/c it's faster even with all the problems you can have with it.

I think you are just overwhelmed right now. Re-group and start again with the right motivation you had at the start. You can do this thing. It just takes some really hard work. However, you aren't alone. We all have had moments of doubt and frustration. Hang in there.

thanks lollymoe

Don't give up, be encouraged. Remember that there's no success without failure.

You're still new to this and the best thing you can do is be sure to not compare yourself to other people. Find foods you enjoy and stick with those.

For example, I like smoothies, I came up with one that I can sip for the better half of the day and get 64 grams of Protein while only 500 calories.

Or chicken and rice... I baked my rice in cream of chicken Soup and chicken broth to make sure it expands as much as possible so I can chew it without worrying if it's too much, or if it will expand in my stomach. Mix the rice and soup together with some seasoning, throw some chicken on top and you have moist chicken and moist rice, also low calorie.

Or eggs with your Protein added, etc.. If you're stuck on recipe ideas or what to eat, I got a million of them. If your issue is time, I suggest a cooking day where you cook as much as possible on a saturday or sunday and then package for grab and go use.

The band is definitely NOT the easy way out, but it is a tool to help us get to where we want to be.

You're going to lose at your own pace, in your own way, and this journey is yours and yours alone. But if you need some help that's what we're here for my dear! :blushing:

thanks ymjackson. yes I need plenty of recipe ideas send them 2 me at dowhatitdo1@yahoo.com

this isnt working at all. so many people make it sound so easy 2 stay focused n have the weight come off. then u have the smart asses that make u feel bad n by fussing at u if u make a mistake. this is way harder than I thought. weigh this, measure that, count this, drink drink, burn burn burn. that doesnt sound right, stop this...etc... I feel like a kid who cnt do anything right when I am really trying. No one here is perfect or u wouldnt b here, Im seeking help nt a lecture. nothing beats a failure but a try right? :-( smh...

awww, don't give up. Think of these feelings as just a little bump in the road on your way to being thin. In most cases, I think when people post here or reply to threads, they are trying to be helpful and participate. Sometimes we use the wrong words that offend, but that is usually not the intent.

You will find what works for you. For me, I hate weighing, counting and measuring. It drives me crazy and I don't do it often.

My band measures stuff for me. As far as counting, I don't write anything down. I know I have a hard time getting in Protein, so I just think about it on a daily basis. I know I have not had enough Protein today .... looking back on what I've had ..... so I mix up a Protein Drink

and sip on it while I'm here looking at LBT.

When the sun comes up, it's a new day and I just try to focus on that day and try to stick to the lapband rules the best I can. Some days it works pretty good and some days it doesn't.

Edited by Humming Bird

I haven't hit a wall yet, but i've lived my life long enough to know it will happen.

can i suggest that you just cut yourself some slack, do whatever helps you to relax, reading, walking, journaling, whatever, and just not worry for a few days. Eat what works for you, and figure out the best direction for regrouping.

maybe find a support group, an exercise group or class (i took a spinning class, that has grown on me), maybe even talk with a professional. you've been through a lot.

peace to you.

i hope i'm not preaching!!!!! not meaning to at all.

I have felt the same way so many times. In the beginning I was not losing weight and I was getting very frustrated. I've learned not to compare myself to others and to try different things until I find what works. It's an ongoing struggle but we'll all get through it.

It took several fills (about 4) months before I felt any restriction. I thought the band wasn't working or that something was wrong with me. You just have to give it time.

thanks chippy31. what was ur start surgery date n weight? how much do u weigh now

awww, don't give up. Think of these feelings as just a little bump in the road on your way to being thin. In most cases, I think when people post here or reply to threads, they are trying to be helpful and participate. Sometimes we use the wrong words that offend, but that is usually not the intent.

You will find what works for you. For me, I hate weighing, counting and measuring. It drives me crazy and I don't do it often.

My band measures stuff for me. As far as counting, I don't write anything down. I know I have a hard time getting in Protein, so I just think about it on a daily basis. I know I have not had enough Protein today .... looking back on what I've had ..... so I mix up a protein drink

and sip on it while I'm here looking at LBT.

When the sun comes up, it's a new day and I just try to focus on that day and try to stick to the LAP-BAND® rules the best I can. Some days it works pretty good and some days it doesn't.

I know the feeling humming bird

thanks chippy31. what was ur start surgery date n weight? how much do u weigh now