Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I still drink all my water??

:( I LOVE Water. I drink a minimum of 64 oz a day... usually more on days I work out. Will I still be able to drink my Water like I am now if I get banded?

I am most concerned with when I work out, I usually drink 24-32 oz in a one hour period. Does the thimble sized sipping last forever? Or just in the beginning?

I love Water also. First you will not be working out for about 4 to 8 weeks to allow your body to heal but you will be allowed to walk, walk, walk. You will start out sipping for at least 1 1/2 months and slowly you will be able to drink more. The personal trainer I see, says you should always sip to replenish your body and when you gulp a lot just goes straight through you. You should drink slowly when working out so you don't get stomach cramps or even vomit. I was banded in July and I can drink big gulps but I can't guzzle like I use to.

I read your background infor and I want to say congratulations on your loss and your determination to move forward in a positive manner in your life. And your picture is so cute.

First you will not be working out for about 4 to 8 weeks to allow your body to heal
Gosh no working out for 4-8 weeks!Ack! Just when I fell in love with it! lol. :(
You will start out sipping for at least 1 1/2 months and slowly you will be able to drink more. The personal trainer I see, says you should always sip to replenish your body and when you gulp a lot just goes straight through you. You should drink slowly when working out so you don't get stomach cramps or even vomit. I was banded in July and I can drink big gulps but I can't guzzle like I use to.

I will work on not guzzling my Water, but that is going to be hard.

I read your background infor and I want to say congratulations on your loss and your determination to move forward in a positive manner in your life. And your picture is so cute.
Awww thanks! :( :( I am a photographer so I associate with photographers... every once and awhile I actually let one of them photograph me. This girl is good... she made me look so good! lol Here is the full picture:

siggy.jpg

Awww you guys are so cute. Just a tidbit about the band. It is a life time tool, it is adjustable which makes it a great choice and it gives you slow weight loss. Good Luck

LA: yes you can and as Teresa said you have to drink it just a little slower..

Teresa :you got banded two days after me WoW! :(

and OMG you have such a great progress!!! BRAVO!!! way to go!!!

i must put you on July report list!

Yeah... I know it is lifetime. That's why I am so apprehensive. I was listening to a Dr today on the radio and he was talking to someone who has obesity in the family, and he felt that WLS was a necessity for someone in her situation (which was similar to mine). I hadn't really taken my family history of obesity into consideration before.

My entire family is obese. All my aunts are over 300lbs as well as my mother. One sister is slowly catching up to me and the only skinny person in my family is my lil sister.... but she has an eating disorder. :(

I am just not sure I am ready to take such a drastic step. Argh. I don't know how you guys get over that hump of not knowing which way to go. I have always been indecisive and that is proving to be a huge problem with making a decision this big. I have scheduled to meet with a different surgeon. Maybe he can help.

Anyway, sorry for the sidetrack. :(

Thank you PinkMary for the compliment and you doing an awesome job with 45 pounds. The lifetime part was suppose to be the up part. LOL Meaning that you control how tight the band is. If you see yourself gaining weight you can get it tightened, that is the best part about the adjustability. It is great to see that you are looking at your history and your future.

What made me do was the doctor said you have an enlarged heart and have you considered WLS. I said it's done, I need to get the weight off and I have not been able to take off more the 30 pounds at a time and just put it right back on and more. I thank God I did it and no one could pay me to have the GB. I choose the right one. I was doing my research before the doctor said anything and my sister the GB, which she gained some of her weigh back.

Oh... lol. Well I see what you mean by the lifetime thing. :( Thanks. BTW... congrats on your success with the Band. That is awesome. I am glad you are having success! I wish you continued success. Thanks for your insight! :(

I'm 8 weeks out and since about 2 weeks out I can guzzle down Water like I could before banding. I have one fill. The Water just runs right through. Yesterday I guzzled down a 20 oz bottle all at once.

That might change after my 2nd fill tomorrow... :(

The only restriction we were given on working out was to stay out of the swimming pool for 2 weeks. Otherwise it was "whatever you can handle". Of course, you're going to be sore for a bit, so don't expect to handle a lot right at first!

I was recently banded, not yet 2 weeks out...and I've been working out since the one week mark at the gym. I'm back up to 60 to 70 minutes of cardio now. I too drink alot of Water. I can still drink it pretty fast, and defiently more than a thimble amount. Exercising and Water were two of the things that worried me most before banding. The only restrictions I have as far as exercise is no pools like someone else said, no adomidal work until 6 weeks, and don't lift over 20lbs for six weeks.

Maybe later when I have a fill it will be harder to drink the water like I do now. I don't use a sport lid now...maybe I'll get one of those to use as the water leaves the bottle much slower than with a open lid.

It's great that you are exercising before surgery....it will defiently help you bounce back after surgery.

Melissa

Thanks for the info. That is reassuring. One more question... why no pools??? I would think that would be easier on the body?